maggieNomar

Goodbye

110 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I am just stunned.

What infuriates me most is how some of the responses to this thread fuel the very invironment that the OP was discussing while they pretend to be joining in as a chorus of support for the OP. No one on this thread outside of Maggie knows more about what is happening than me because Maggie is a real friend of mine- not an internet visa buddy. All of these posts that are so clever in what they think is happening are so far off the target- it has turned Maggie's original post in to a mockery of the whole MENA forum. But then that is the goal of some- that and the goal of making things all about them at the expense of how others feel.

Want to know what is elementary behavior? The consistant whining, the insecurity masked by arrogance and jumping on the bandwagon by thse who have little or no idea of what is happening. The MENA forum us what we make of it. Perpetuating the idea that we are somehow mean or catty or drama queens is not sovling anything. When you repeat something over and over, you make it the reality. Some of us just need to get over ourselves.

:thumbs: well said sis!

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
This will most likely be my final post in MENA, if not in VJ all together. I have learned a lot from you guys, but the time has come for me to depart. While I am sad to go, I cannot participate in this 3rd grade BS anymore.

I thought this site was to help others get through what can be an incredibly hard process. Especially when dealing with SOs in the middle east. Those who have been through it know how hard it is to wait and wait and maybe even be denied for no good reason and then fight like hell to win. But you know when you are with people who have been there, they will guide you, help you, cry with you, whatever it takes to get you through to success. I have watched others get their visas, reunite and marry, and I cheered every one of them on, even though it hurt because they interviewed after us. I wanted those same people to give me dancing yellow guys when my turn came. I went through hard times, and there were people who were there for me every step, people I thought were real friends. Sucker that I am. The saddest part for me is that the people I thought were my friends were the ones that hurt me the most in the end.

I rarely if ever got caught up in the drama of others. It seems that although I have tried to be friendly/nice towards everyone, that is not allowed here. I did not read in the TOS that there were police here who will PM you when you talk to someone they do not like. It's the freaking internet. We will never meet 95% of the people we see on here. So why the big deal??? Why is it you have to choose what you can and cannot reply to because Susie won't talk to you if you do? I tried to simply ignore the PMs, which came from more than one person, but no, they just kept coming. This process is hard as hell at times. And to have to deal with this kind of drama is flat out ridiculous. So for that reason, this forum no longer serves the purpose I came here for.

I wish those of you who are together all the happiness in the world, and those of you still waiting a speedy visa in hand celebration.

there are people on VJ that are so nice here.. even if they debate with you or annoyed with you. they still are your friends. postings like this make everyone sad. behind these Personas are real people. I dont know what the hell i am sayin... maybe my point is dont leave because, suzie did not give you yellow jumping men. so freaking what. that dont mean suzie and dyick and jane is not your buddy buddy no more.

as far as the drama.. DRAMA makes the world go round. if someone sayes something stupid. ignore them. eventully they will say something that will one day make you smile. I have been on VJ so dayum long. I proble told each person off on this board. but, then in the end I still respect each person here. so who ever hurt your feelings and pee pee in the old koolaid.

I am gonna say I am sorry for that..

congrats on your good news < I missed what the good news was - I will assume your being reunited > ? anyways .. clueless shonnie is leaving now..have a great day!

shon.gif

Filed: Timeline

you're marrying a terrorist ?!?!?!?!? Jeez -- some people on this site are just Beyond Belief.

oh my GOD! thats mean . who would ever formulate those words in a PM. let me say this...

they are just jealous and mean. ignore those PMS and report it !! this kind of Doo doo is not acceptable. even I would not say this.. I would proble call you a cuss word..but, never would say this..this is UNCOOL..

shon.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I am just stunned.

What infuriates me most is how some of the responses to this thread fuel the very invironment that the OP was discussing while they pretend to be joining in as a chorus of support for the OP. No one on this thread outside of Maggie knows more about what is happening than me because Maggie is a real friend of mine- not an internet visa buddy. All of these posts that are so clever in what they think is happening are so far off the target- it has turned Maggie's original post in to a mockery of the whole MENA forum. But then that is the goal of some- that and the goal of making things all about them at the expense of how others feel.

Want to know what is elementary behavior? The consistant whining, the insecurity masked by arrogance and jumping on the bandwagon by thse who have little or no idea of what is happening. The MENA forum us what we make of it. Perpetuating the idea that we are somehow mean or catty or drama queens is not sovling anything. When you repeat something over and over, you make it the reality. Some of us just need to get over ourselves.

Boy do I know what you mean...

Well said as usual.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I am just stunned.

I couldn't have said it better!

Maggie dont go, stay!!! You are such a great source of support. Dont let others get to you. They are not worth YOU my dear!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Many Hugs }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

chi

:dance: FOR A QUICK AP!!! :dance:

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.