maggieNomar

Goodbye

110 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Oh my.

Maggie -- I hope you feel better soon. I want you to know that I very much appreciate your unwavering kindness and respect and tireless support for all the others here. No matter who they are or what viewpoints they hold, you treat everyone with courtesy, and you deserve the same in return.

I have to say -- I've never gotten (or ever sent !) any PMs like that -- telling me who to talk to and who not to, or threatening me or calling me names. Wow. Who the hell would write you to say you're marrying a terrorist ?!?!?!?!? Jeez -- some people on this site are just Beyond Belief.

Anyway, take a break if you need to -- I understand. But don't stay gone too long -- we've got a bigggg party planned for when Omar gets that bright shiny visa in hand. And the guest of honor MUST attend to do the victory dance ! :luv:

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
What happened?

fedexfedupip7.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Timeline

In my 3+ years here I have seen many come and go. I have had highs and lows and have seen every emotion imaginable. We bicker like family and we support each other like family.

As nasty as people like to think the mena crowd is, I will attest that when the chips are down and 'one of our own' is needing help, we band together.

Hate to see someone announce they are leaving.

Jackie (F)

Filed: Timeline

I think this illustrates exactly what she was talking about. Someone is obviously hurt and all the fun, games, cute little pictures and catty come-backs start up. I'm sorry you feel the need to leave, but I also understand it well. The 3rd grade B.S. on here IS difficult to take when you're trying to handle the roller coaster that this ride can be. If you do decide to remain, the ignore feature works very well on those who refuse to take a real emotion seriously. I wish you all the best.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
In my 3+ years here I have seen many come and go. I have had highs and lows and have seen every emotion imaginable. We bicker like family and we support each other like family.

As nasty as people like to think the mena crowd is, I will attest that when the chips are down and 'one of our own' is needing help, we band together.

Jackie (F)

I've been trying to find the right words all morning to post here, but I couldn't have said it any better myself, Jackie. I never really imagined that some of the women in MENA could become more than just a random person on the internet. I have made some truly great friends who have had my back through good times and bad. I think that's what makes MENA so special.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
This will most likely be my final post in MENA, if not in VJ all together. I have learned a lot from you guys, but the time has come for me to depart. While I am sad to go, I cannot participate in this 3rd grade BS anymore.

I thought this site was to help others get through what can be an incredibly hard process. Especially when dealing with SOs in the middle east. Those who have been through it know how hard it is to wait and wait and maybe even be denied for no good reason and then fight like hell to win. But you know when you are with people who have been there, they will guide you, help you, cry with you, whatever it takes to get you through to success. I have watched others get their visas, reunite and marry, and I cheered every one of them on, even though it hurt because they interviewed after us. I wanted those same people to give me dancing yellow guys when my turn came. I went through hard times, and there were people who were there for me every step, people I thought were real friends. Sucker that I am. The saddest part for me is that the people I thought were my friends were the ones that hurt me the most in the end.

I rarely if ever got caught up in the drama of others. It seems that although I have tried to be friendly/nice towards everyone, that is not allowed here. I did not read in the TOS that there were police here who will PM you when you talk to someone they do not like. It's the freaking internet. We will never meet 95% of the people we see on here. So why the big deal??? Why is it you have to choose what you can and cannot reply to because Susie won't talk to you if you do? I tried to simply ignore the PMs, which came from more than one person, but no, they just kept coming. This process is hard as hell at times. And to have to deal with this kind of drama is flat out ridiculous. So for that reason, this forum no longer serves the purpose I came here for.

I wish those of you who are together all the happiness in the world, and those of you still waiting a speedy visa in hand celebration.

I understand what you mean. It seems as though you can not post anything without someone truning it into a scandao of some sort. I will hate to see you go. you are a very nice lady. take some time away. But come back. Overall I am sure you got many needed questions answered. Good luck with Omar arriving here. i am fond of that name especially because i have an Omar too. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jackie (F)

I've been trying to find the right words all morning to post here, but I couldn't have said it any better myself, Jackie. I never really imagined that some of the women in MENA could become more than just a random person on the internet. I have made some truly great friends who have had my back through good times and bad. I think that's what makes MENA so special.

well said, both of you! :thumbs: and I agree- as much as I sometimes let some people get to me, I feel I've made some really good (and true) friends here.

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline
Hope you stay, and the PMS are childish as you said. THis group can have so much to offer to others that need the help, me included, but we (or I) already know how to fight and argue. I don't see any other group being made fun of so much as this one, I liked Maggie and I think those of you responsible for her words will see yourselves, but then again you probably wont.

I personally learned 95% of my visa info in the first 2 months of being on VJ... I just to stay to earn my little heart, then cos it was so funny here... very lively overall nice bunch.

What little heart????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I personally learned 95% of my visa info in the first 2 months of being on VJ... I just to stay to earn my little heart, then cos it was so funny here... very lively overall nice bunch.

What little heart????

under your title.... little blue boxes eventually get hearts in them if you post enough! :P

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline
I don't think anyone can be responsible for making you leave. You can simply ignore those people who you don't care for and continue to interact with the ones you do care for. Needless to say, I don't get along with everyone on this forum but that doesn't stop me from coming here. There is no reason to let other intimidate you and there is no reason to take everyone so personally because as the OP said, this is only the internet.

I also agree with Peezey here and have always felt that long dramatic posts of saying goodbye are just as childish as the fights that may lead up to it. Everyone seems to have a full understanding that this forum is dysfunctional for lack of a better word and many don't have an issue following along fights between other people and often chiming in. Just get over it!

A shame that all the pettiness goes on. Why can't people simply post something they are curious to know about and other people respond in a polite, courteous, aND TACTFUL MANNER????

Always two sides one right one wrong

TWO SIDES AND THEN THE TRUTH!!

Timeline
Anyone notice the ones laughing the loudest are probably the most guilty?

And the ones that are suppose to be the kindest, lol

Maggie you just have to ignore the retards. :yes: This is one reason I don't come to VJ much. A few of my friends and I were always getting PMS from the "I'm so innocent and I don't know why you are picking on me" people. Also received a few "why are you wanting to marry a terrorist!" Of course it pissed me off when these individuals and their little buddies would gang up, but after a while I actually laughed! :lol: The few on here that I do speak with even contemplated on posting all of their idiotic PMS, but one gal reminded me that then we would be at their level. I see this kind of behavior with kids! Then I had to think maybe these people are just unhappy in their own lives somehow. A few of the people that sent those nasty PMS do not even come to VJ or have had their account disabled, {did that give anyone any hints?} others are still sending the "I'm so perfect and innocent" PMS. Karma is a B#### and will come back and get them. What goes around comes around. I don't wish ill luck on anyone, but I swear if these people act like they do on VJ around their husbands they will be posting in another forum one day. I do still find VJ to be helping when I have a question regarding something. VJ is a playground, some will help you and some will diss ya. Ignore them, and really put them on ignore on VJ, that did wonders for me! Hope you decide to stay around.

Kudos!!! Great post!!!

Timeline

What little heart????

under your title.... little blue boxes eventually get hearts in them if you post enough! :P

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Why can't we all just get along? Aren't we here for the same reason? I know that not everyone will get along but is there really a need to be petty? For what it's worth, I hope you stay.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.