RW365

May 2014 filers - TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

239 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes im learning to just be patient, was hoping to have mybabe here for Christmas but as long as she gets here safe it will be fine...dont watch sports much except sec football so guess I can go racing and maybe finish my race car.lol

We received our NOA1 on 31st of May, and ARN on June 2nd. It looks it will take forever for TSC to start working on May fillers, so I was thinking to come and visit my fiancee in US for 2 months, since I already have my tourist visa. Can they deny me entry to US just because I am in k1 process? I still work in my country and I am planning to come back after my vacation is over, but I am afraid that if they deny me entry, that it could affect my k1. Has anyone experience with this?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We received our NOA1 on 31st of May, and ARN on June 2nd. It looks it will take forever for TSC to start working on May fillers, so I was thinking to come and visit my fiancee in US for 2 months, since I already have my tourist visa. Can they deny me entry to US just because I am in k1 process? I still work in my country and I am planning to come back after my vacation is over, but I am afraid that if they deny me entry, that it could affect my k1. Has anyone experience with this?

You can come and visit!

When you do visit, bring proof of work and ties to your country and have a return ticket. When CBP asks for your reason for visiting, simply state "I'm coming to visit my fiance for 2 months". Do not mention the I-129F, don't mention anything else unless they ask for it. Don't offer proof of ties unless they ask for it. Look the officer firm in the eye and answer with confidence. Don't bring too much stuff, try to limit everything to one suitcase.

In the end they can deny you but they probably won't. If they do it wont affect your K1 journey.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

You can come and visit!

When you do visit, bring proof of work and ties to your country and have a return ticket. When CBP asks for your reason for visiting, simply state "I'm coming to visit my fiance for 2 months". Do not mention the I-129F, don't mention anything else unless they ask for it. Don't offer proof of ties unless they ask for it. Look the officer firm in the eye and answer with confidence. Don't bring too much stuff, try to limit everything to one suitcase.

In the end they can deny you but they probably won't. If they do it wont affect your K1 journey.

Thank you so much for your quick response. Being together for 2 months will make this waiting so much easier. Thank you, and good luck with your k1 journey, soon all of this will be over, and we will be with our love ones :)

Timeline

I will be going back to work after two weeks of vacation. But I am sure, it would not stop me from visiting this forum and looking at those VJ members who got their NOA2. Though TSC is slow, one day, we will get our approvals and we will be with our loved ones soon. Besides, it is fun to write "congratulations" who just got their approved petition. I can feel their excitement and blissful moments. :dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So FINALLY there is some movement in TSC. One of the mid-January filers got his/her NOA2 yesterday. That's almost exactly 5 months. I suppose this is cause for celebration for TSC filers -- at least it's not 6/7/8/9 months, as some nightmarish cases have been taking!

12 May 2014: Mailed 129F packet to Dallas lockbox

21 May 2014: NOA1 from TSC

18 Sep 2014: NOA2

23 Sep 2014: Case sent to NVC

30 Sep 2014: NVC received + case number generated

06 Oct 2014: Left NVC

08 Oct 2014: Medical exam

09 Oct 2014: Case reached embassy in London

09 Oct 2014: DS-160 and Applicant Readiness form submitted

21 Oct 2014: Interview letter received

29 Oct 2014: Interview --> Approved!

07 Nov 2014: Visa in hand

08 Nov 2014: LHR --> BOS [Finally!!]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Congratulations Naloy. There seems to have been a lot of movement with the March filers as well. Though they can't process everyone, I hope we get our NOA2 soon. Feeling positive *Packet sent: 03/13. ReceivedDate: 03/18. NOA1 viaEmail: 03/23.

Timeline

YES, YOU CAN VISIT while K1 is pending. Quite easily, even.

I just wanted to share with the forum my experience of coming to the US to visit my fiancée. I was freaking out like hell for weeks, having read all sorts of nightmare stories about being asked by the immigration officials to turn back and go home. I did follow the usual advice here that you should come prepared, belt and braces - so I got all sorts of documents I could manage to get to prove my ties with my home country. BUT -- and I am hoping this will give some reassurance to people -- I AM NOT WORKING AT THE MOMENT, SO I DON'T have an employer letter to show that I will return. All I had was my rental lease, which expires in September and my bank statements, plus a couple of utility bills. [i also brought along my K1 application pack, just in case...]

I planned my visit to be 2.5 months.

At the airport, the guy asked me what I was here for -- I said, to visit my fiancé.

When was I returning? -- XX of August.

That's all. No questions asked. No evidence of ties to the home country. Nothing.

Further reassurance: I do not have a visa waiver i.e., I am here on a B2/Visitor visa.

So, if you were wondering if it was possible to visit your fiancé during this long and horrible separation that K1 visa is, then yes, YOU CAN. And it is not nearly as harrowing and horrible an experience as we fear it is.

Timeline

Noa2? I received my noa1 may 20th and still nothing..I know its about a 5 month wait for noa2 but I have seen no activity at all.Am I supposed to receive an ARN? If I enter my receipt # on the case status check on uscis website it says case not found..so I called they say wait 30-45 days. .is this normal???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

It's good to see there is finally a little bit of movement at TSC, and things aren't at a complete standstill. Though I'm not surprised that a bureaucratic entity could have such disparities between locations, it is pretty bad when they keep letting it reach these levels and don't find adequate solutions. The TSC processing timeframe is now almost as bad as the Vermont Service Center was when they stopped sending petitions there.

If only they were forward-thinking enough to allow electronic submissions of the paperwork, with a few signed hard copies mailed in with the check just for record-keeping.

That being said, I'm grateful we are in the USA where the government does actually do some things. I had to deal with some paperwork when I was living in my fiance's country and the government there was soooooo slow.

I129F Sent: April 29, 2014NOA 1: May 8, 2014<p>ARN Changed: August 19, 2014
NOA 2: October 10, 2014

INTERVIEW: December 10, 2014 (Approved)

VISA Obtained: Still WAITING with no news!!! (as of Jan. 6, 2015)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

That being said, I'm grateful we are in the USA where the government does actually do some things. I had to deal with some paperwork when I was living in my fiance's country and the government there was soooooo slow.

Exactly. I know it is sad that one location process is processing faster that the other and I wish luck everyone and hope they be with their loved ones as fast as possible, However you absolutely have to appreciate this professional process where there is no BS and there are laws and standard process and no corruption. Can oyu believe how terrible would it be if you didn't have money and oyu would have to wait 6 month VS people who were loaded they would be able to get their done in a week.

And trust me, there are bunch of countries that are like that.

So please be thankful for this and appreciate what we have in this country even if process is not perfect sometimes and you have to wait a little longer.

Keep thinking positive and practice your patience! It is helpful skill in life, to be patient;)

Good luck everyone!

5/16/2014 - I-129f sent

5/21/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date CSC

5/22/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email

5/29/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy

VJ Timeline estimated NOA2 approval date between June 16, 2014 and June 25, 2014

6/20/2014 - Txt and E-mail received that I-129f has been approved. BOOM :energy:
6/25/2014 - NOA2 Hard Copy

7/2/2014 - Received NVC Case Number via Phone(Called 3 days in a row. Between 6:30 and 7:30am CST. Got through with first attempt. On hold for 30 minutes all three times.)

7/8/2014 - US Embassy of Georgia has received the package

8/7/2014 - Medical Exam

8/20/2014 - Interview date - DENIED. :blink:

9/29/2014 - Mirracle :energy:

10/14/2014 - Visa Recevied.(Extra cost for shipping passport and package is approx $200 :secret:)

11/13/2014 - US Entry!!!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

======================================================

11/24/2014 - SSN Received

12/12/2014 - Getting Married (L)

12/27/2014 - AOS Package sent

1/2/2015 - NOA Received

1/26/2014 - Biometrics

3/10/2014 - EAD has been processed

:jest:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

It is almost July, a month has passed. How are you doing? We still have to wait for four months but hoping we will get approve soon. :dancing:

Edited by Anoushka Drew

Timeline

I keep looking at the January thread and feeling good for them that they are seeing some movement. After the nightmare stories of 7 months and 9 months, I'd take 5 full months any day. That makes it four more months to go for us...........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello, everyone!

USCIS received out file on May 9th 2014 and not long after I found this site... but as someone said, it's pretty much like Pandora's box if you have been assigned to the TSC Service Center.

I know how hard is to wait and be kept apart so I don't wish it to anyone, but the right thing for the USCIS to do should be to balance a bit the discrepancy between their Service Centers.

I keep praying and hoping they will do that so I wont have to spend another Christmas by myself.

Good luck..

Edited by Cristina_Brad

File sent - May 1st
NOA1 - May 9th
Transferred - August 8th
NOA2 - September 11th

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.