doshi

FRONT LOADING AT US EMBASSY LAGOS

89 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

As a well respected Immigration Lawyer on another board said there are 4 categories of Consulate for Fraud

Low

Medium

High

Lagos

He had flat fees for the first 3, but not Lagos.

As for the amount of evidence and when to submit is, it does depend on the factors of the individual case. Many you see on VJ fall into the atypical category.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

As a well respected Immigration Lawyer on another board said there are 4 categories of Consulate for Fraud

Low

Medium

High

Lagos

As for the amount of evidence and when to submit is, it does depend on the factors of the individual case. Many you see on VJ fall into the atypical category.

can you kindly explain what "a typical" category entails

Timeline

They match the Lawyer's definition.

The last thread I read was where the beneficiary had numerous refused Student Visa's and a K1 with a lady he had never met.

Now he was married, I can not remember how long they had spent together, not long.

Obviously with that history you are likely to have issues at any Consulate.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Seriously...what are you smoking ? This is a thread from the twilight zone.

am smoking wisdom and logical reasoning

look at it this way keep an open mind and be objective

it is generally believed that Lagos is one of the most difficult consulates in the world right?

I understand there is a database where we can correlate number of applicants with number of issued,denied,refused or ap cases right?

with particular emphasis to the IR1/CR1 visa do we have figures to back this claim up while also using same parameters to benchmark vwp countries, Asia and middle east

lets see which embassy turns out worst

Timeline

You would have to assume that each Consulate had a similar cross section of applications to handle.

2 classic example of differences, Philippines it is not unusual for the US applicant to be male and older, North Africa the applicant is likely to be Female and older.

Timeline

You would have to assume that each Consulate had a similar cross section of applications to handle.

2 classic example of differences, Philippines it is not unusual for the US applicant to be male and older, North Africa the applicant is likely to be Female and older.

and what is the ratios as per benchmark compared to lagod

Timeline

That was what I ws trying to point out, there is no benchmark, you would need information that is not in the public realm if you wanted to do a proper comparison.

I understand there is a database where we can correlate number of applicants with number of issued,denied,refused or ap cases right?

No, that is classified.

You are in for a rude awakening in 2 weeks.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

but what does one do when even on VJ we have divergent views on whether the petitioner/beneficiary/attorney can send extra evidence after a case has already been sent to the embassy.

Simple question if you were scheduled for your interview in lagos and you have extra evidence that came up after you had already concluded with USCIS/NVC

what would YOU do? "frontload" or carry along to interview and hope for best?

When we have divergent views, we discuss them. When you are the one asking the questions, you listen to the answers you get from those with far more experience than you.

You are not suggesting front-loading. That's done in the "front" of the process. What you are suggesting is "back-loading". From all my experience, I would suggest you carry the evidence to the interview. You can mail it if you like. Nobody is stopping you. Go for it. What I'm telling you is not to count on the evidence even getting added to your file, much less being looked at or considered.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i know this topic has been long over flogged but my question is who(the petitioner/attorney/beneficiary) should send the paperwork/evidence to the embassy?

how important is this front loading and is it legally/morally right to do it? since the beneficiary will take evidence along to interview anyway or is it a case of share proactiveness?

All we sent to USCIS was our marriage certificate (we had not discovered VJ back then). Later when submitting IV documents to NVC we included proof of developing relationship (middle loading) - cell phone records, What's App, money transfer, gifts, wedding album, affidavits by friends who attended the religious wedding ceremony in INDIA.

I know NVC would not have looked at them, but hoping the CO will take a few minutes to look at them before the interview. Hopefully they return our wedding album after their review.

Walking to the interview with relationship documents do not work for two reasons:

a. They only have a few minutes to spend with you during the interview (maybe 5 min or less)

b. Most likely they have made up their mind already even before the interview

Edited by bkghosh

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : National Benefits Center; Consulate : Mumbai, India; Marriage (if applicable): 2013-07-05
USCIS
I-130 Sent : 2013-07-20; I-130 NOA1 : 2013-07-26; I-130 Transferred to CSC: 2014-01-13; I-130 Approved: 2014-01-22
NVC
NVC Received: 2014-02-03; AOS Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-19
NVC Case # and IIN Assigned: 2014-03-11; AOS Package Delivered: 2014-03-21;
Submitted/Completed DS-261 online: 2014-03-12; AOS Package Touched: 2014-03-25;
Receive & Pay AOS Bill : 2014-03-13; AOS Package Approved: 2014-04-08
AOS Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-18;
IV Bill:
Receive & Pay IV Bill: 2014-03-24; False Checklist for Civil Documents: 2014-04-07
IV Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-26; Case Completed at NVC: 2014-04-16;
IV Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-26; Case Complete Email Received: 2014-04-23
IV Package Received by NVC: 2014-03-31; Interview scheduled: 2014-05-01;
IV Package Touched: 2014-04-03 (still in review); IL Email Received: 2014-05-01
DS-260 Available/Completed/Submitted: 2014-03-27
Consulate: Mumbai
Fingerprinting & Photo: 2014-05-09 Medicals: 2014-05-19
Interview: 2014-06-04 Visa Approved CEAC Website Status "Issued": 2014-06-05
USCIS ELIS Fee Paid: 2014-06-08 Passport w/Visa Received: 2014-06-09
POE (LAX): 2014-07-20 SS# Received: 2014-07-28
Actual GC received 2014-08-30
CA ID Received: 2014-09-02.
First job in USA (yeeeh!!!) starting: 2014-09-22
Taking driving lessons....!!!!

ROC
Application Sent: 2016-04-26
NOA1:2016-04-28
Biometrics: 2016-06-02 (early walk-in on May 31st)

ROC Approval Email and Online Status Change - 2016-11-07
Google Doc for April 2016 filers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Mb-ALcbwQbYafLj4vFaEMjSGD-wfjtrycs3ul8QlUo/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Timeline

When we have divergent views, we discuss them. When you are the one asking the questions, you listen to the answers you get from those with far more experience than you.

You are not suggesting front-loading. That's done in the "front" of the process. What you are suggesting is "back-loading". From all my experience, I would suggest you carry the evidence to the interview. You can mail it if you like. Nobody is stopping you. Go for it. What I'm telling you is not to count on the evidence even getting added to your file, much less being looked at or considered.

like I said before 80% of me wouldn't send evidence directly to the consulate I never at anytime said,I was gonna send I,only asked?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Low

Medium

High

Lagos

Those four categories are as valid today as they were 9 years ago, when I first heard them. No, Casablanca is not on par with Lagos but is on the high side of high. Accra, is about on par with Lagos now though. Anybody who wishes to believe Lagos isn't the highest of the high in terms of the visa fraud attempts dealt with, both in numbers and percentages, is misinformed, and cruising for a rude awakening. I have no further information to offer the OP, except to say, "Good luck."

like I said before 80% of me wouldn't send evidence directly to the consulate I never at anytime said,I was gonna send I,only asked?

In my view, you asked repeatedly, and refused to accept the answers given by anybody. Good luck to you.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Those four categories are as valid today as they were 9 years ago, when I first heard them. No, Casablanca is not on par with Lagos but is on the high side of high. Accra, is about on par with Lagos now though. Anybody who wishes to believe Lagos isn't the highest of the high in terms of the visa fraud attempts dealt with, both in numbers and percentages, is misinformed, and cruising for a rude awakening. I have no further information to offer the OP, except to say, "Good luck."

In my view, you asked repeatedly, and refused to accept the answers given by anybody. Good luck to you.

am glad you finally wished me luck!!!!

there wil only be rude awakening for those who wish people same and yes I will come back in two weeks with a review for all to see.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

You might be just fine and be issued the visa with no issues... Not saying it is a guaranteed denial... Fr one thing, We have no idea if your case has any "red flags" or other issues... You may be successful without supplying anythng, but there is certainly a higher chance you will have issues by not front loading than if you had supplied them evidence beforehand.

However, for applicants starting the process through Lagos and reading this, I certainly hope they will heed the astute advice of many of the members here and send in relationship evidence with the initial petition, aka "FRONTLOAD" to maximize their chances of a successful outcome.

Keep us posted either way... VJ can also provide great night into the re-affirm process and 212g requests if need be...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.