5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

OK So We have made it this far and was wondering if anyone especially those who had there interview in Thailand can lend me some advise. Her interview is the 27th and I feel pretty comfortable about it we have been together since 2009. Lived together for half that in bahrain, We have a daughter together. The problem is thailand Packet 4 says to bring all old passports that was used for overseas travel. She has her current and the one from before we got married but the one before that is old and cannot find. She went to file a police report and they said she cannot unless she has the Passport Number. Would this be reason for a denial? Or major delay in her getting her visa? Has anyone else experience anything like that. I am open to hear from all and thank you in advance.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

OK So We have made it this far and was wondering if anyone especially those who had there interview in Thailand can lend me some advise. Her interview is the 27th and I feel pretty comfortable about it we have been together since 2009. Lived together for half that in bahrain, We have a daughter together. The problem is thailand Packet 4 says to bring all old passports that was used for overseas travel. She has her current and the one from before we got married but the one before that is old and cannot find. She went to file a police report and they said she cannot unless she has the Passport Number. Would this be reason for a denial? Or major delay in her getting her visa? Has anyone else experience anything like that. I am open to hear from all and thank you in advance.

She can only show them what she has and that will be enough. They just want to see her travel outside Thailand which helps indicate what she was doing in other countries ect.

File a police report? You must mean requesting a police report. Why doesn't she just use her current passport if they are asking for one? To get the police report she will need a copy of NOA 2 or something that indicates why she is asking. This will take 2 weeks to a month in normal circumstances. Of course we all see what is going on there now so plan on much longer and hope for the best. It was a mistake to wait so long to seek the police report because the report is good for 6 months anyway.

The embassy will not issue the visa without the police report. She can interview by indicating she will hand carry the report asap. The delay will be as long as it takes to obtain that report.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks Tango777

Ning We have the police certificate. I am asking about filing a report to the police for the lost old passports? I am wondering if that is required or not.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks Tango777

Ning We have the police certificate. I am asking about filing a report to the police for the lost old passports? I am wondering if that is required or not.

I don't know but I wouldn't think so. I don't think the embassy will care about the old passports anyway because they are useless if found. I would suggest she just goes thru with the interview and hopefully no one will bring up the lost passports. Just have her present what she has.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.