married2006

FRAUD SUSPICION

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
HELLO GOOD PEOPLE OF VJ.IM A NEWBIE SO PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH MY QUESTIONS AND PROVIDE OPINIONS IF YOU HAVE ANY.THE UTTER ARROGANCE OF SOME CONSULAR OFFICERS IS SCARY AND THATS WHY IM ASKING THE QUESTIONS.I MET MY WIFE IN BOGOTA IN LATE FEB.2006.OBVIOUSLY THERE WAS INTEREST IN BOTH OF US.I WAS THERE FOR TWO WEEKS AND RETURNED HOME TO FL.AFTER A FEW WEKS SHE WANTED TO COME TO THE US WITH A TOURIST VISA TO KNOW THE USA AND TO KNOW ME BETTER.AS IS NORMAL IN MOSTS POSTS SHE WAS DENIED.IN A FEW MORE WEEKS SHE HAD AN INVITATION FROM HER BOSS TO COME TO MIAMI ON BUSINESS.AGAIN DENIED.SO I DECIDED TO RETURN TO BOGOTA TO KNOW HER BETTER.I SPENT TWO MONTHS THERE AND WE REALLY FELL IN LOVE.BECAUSE OF HER DAUGHTER 18TH BIRTHDAY IN OCT.WE THOUGHT IT PRUDENT TO GET MARRIED BEFORE THAT DATE.WE WENT TO SAN ANDRES IN SEPT.AND GOT MARRIED.I THEN RETURNED HOME AND STARTED THE K/3 PROCESS.WE HAVE QUITE A BIT OF EVEDIENCE SUPPORTING OUR RELATIONSHIP ALBEIT BEING SHORT.JUST AN OPINION ON WHETHER HER APPLICATIONS FOR A TOURIST VISA WOULD INITIATE SUSPICION OF FRAUD INTENT AND IF THE CONSULAR OFFICER WILL EVEN LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE WE HAVE WHICH IS CONSIDERABLE AND SHOULD BE CONVINCING THAT IT IS A LEGIT RELATIONSHIP. WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HIDE BUT I UNDERSTAND THE VISA GODS SOMETIMES MAKE SNAP DECISIONS.SO PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS ANY OPINIONS I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE ALL REPLYS AND POSSIBLY SUGGESTIONS.THANKS IN ADVANCE EVERYBODY ON THIS JOURNEY THAT IS HELLISH AND DEFINATELY HAS SCARY UNCERTAINTY.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I wouldn't sweat it in the least. My wife (paisa) was denied three times. She met me and we married and were granted the K-3. I wouldn't sweat getting an attorney. HE cannot make the facts go away...she applied and was denied. As long as she didn't make any false representations on her prior applications.

Good luck,

Tony

HELLO GOOD PEOPLE OF VJ.IM A NEWBIE SO PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH MY QUESTIONS AND PROVIDE OPINIONS IF YOU HAVE ANY.THE UTTER ARROGANCE OF SOME CONSULAR OFFICERS IS SCARY AND THATS WHY IM ASKING THE QUESTIONS.I MET MY WIFE IN BOGOTA IN LATE FEB.2006.OBVIOUSLY THERE WAS INTEREST IN BOTH OF US.I WAS THERE FOR TWO WEEKS AND RETURNED HOME TO FL.AFTER A FEW WEKS SHE WANTED TO COME TO THE US WITH A TOURIST VISA TO KNOW THE USA AND TO KNOW ME BETTER.AS IS NORMAL IN MOSTS POSTS SHE WAS DENIED.IN A FEW MORE WEEKS SHE HAD AN INVITATION FROM HER BOSS TO COME TO MIAMI ON BUSINESS.AGAIN DENIED.SO I DECIDED TO RETURN TO BOGOTA TO KNOW HER BETTER.I SPENT TWO MONTHS THERE AND WE REALLY FELL IN LOVE.BECAUSE OF HER DAUGHTER 18TH BIRTHDAY IN OCT.WE THOUGHT IT PRUDENT TO GET MARRIED BEFORE THAT DATE.WE WENT TO SAN ANDRES IN SEPT.AND GOT MARRIED.I THEN RETURNED HOME AND STARTED THE K/3 PROCESS.WE HAVE QUITE A BIT OF EVEDIENCE SUPPORTING OUR RELATIONSHIP ALBEIT BEING SHORT.JUST AN OPINION ON WHETHER HER APPLICATIONS FOR A TOURIST VISA WOULD INITIATE SUSPICION OF FRAUD INTENT AND IF THE CONSULAR OFFICER WILL EVEN LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE WE HAVE WHICH IS CONSIDERABLE AND SHOULD BE CONVINCING THAT IT IS A LEGIT RELATIONSHIP. WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HIDE BUT I UNDERSTAND THE VISA GODS SOMETIMES MAKE SNAP DECISIONS.SO PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS ANY OPINIONS I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE ALL REPLYS AND POSSIBLY SUGGESTIONS.THANKS IN ADVANCE EVERYBODY ON THIS JOURNEY THAT IS HELLISH AND DEFINATELY HAS SCARY UNCERTAINTY.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
I'm just curios...have you had an interview yet?

have not had interview yet,but the packet 3 documents were just faxed,and couriered to the embassy today.im thinking possibly in april at the soonest.

I-130-K/3 NOA1-11/14/2006
I-129F-K/3 NOA1-12/07/2006
I-130-K/3 NOA2-02/03/2007
I-129f-K/3 NOA2-02/03/2007
nvc recieves case 02/13/2007
nvc forwards to embassy 02/15/2007
waiting for appointment
interview for k/3-k4 04/18/2007 called embassy for info
packet 4 received 03/14/2007
interview 04/18/2007
approved
still waiting for visa 04/26/2007
visa in hand 04/30/2007plane tickets in hand arrival june 21 am i excited or whatttttttt
arrived new jersey liberty june 21 immigration a cakewalk
filed 1-485 and i-765 july 16
received notice for biometrics july 24
appointment for biometrics aug 01 so far, smooth sailing
EAD cards received
AOS appointment OCT. 31
Approved-card production ordered
green card in hand 11/05/2007 I-751 packet signed for at vsc 08/03/2009 received receipt notice and biometrics app. letter on same day 08/13/2009. bio. app.for 09/04/2009

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

maybe im over confident,but we have nothing at all to hide,and we got a lot of supporting evedience, so realistically i think we will be just fine.i am going to be at the interview as well.we got uscis approval in less than two months,so im thinking i did as well or better than an attorney would have done.an attorney would not be any help at this point anyway.with all the info and all you good people helping everyone here on vj,its a confidence builder.i honestly think if a person does the research and are careful with all the documentation,attorneys are not going to do as good or better than an individual.thanks a million everybody.

I-130-K/3 NOA1-11/14/2006
I-129F-K/3 NOA1-12/07/2006
I-130-K/3 NOA2-02/03/2007
I-129f-K/3 NOA2-02/03/2007
nvc recieves case 02/13/2007
nvc forwards to embassy 02/15/2007
waiting for appointment
interview for k/3-k4 04/18/2007 called embassy for info
packet 4 received 03/14/2007
interview 04/18/2007
approved
still waiting for visa 04/26/2007
visa in hand 04/30/2007plane tickets in hand arrival june 21 am i excited or whatttttttt
arrived new jersey liberty june 21 immigration a cakewalk
filed 1-485 and i-765 july 16
received notice for biometrics july 24
appointment for biometrics aug 01 so far, smooth sailing
EAD cards received
AOS appointment OCT. 31
Approved-card production ordered
green card in hand 11/05/2007 I-751 packet signed for at vsc 08/03/2009 received receipt notice and biometrics app. letter on same day 08/13/2009. bio. app.for 09/04/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
maybe im over confident,but we have nothing at all to hide,and we got a lot of supporting evedience, so realistically i think we will be just fine.i am going to be at the interview as well.we got uscis approval in less than two months,so im thinking i did as well or better than an attorney would have done.an attorney would not be any help at this point anyway.with all the info and all you good people helping everyone here on vj,its a confidence builder.i honestly think if a person does the research and are careful with all the documentation,attorneys are not going to do as good or better than an individual.thanks a million everybody.

Having an attorney does not influence the timing of the USCIS approval. The fact that your initial petition was approved in two months really doesn't mean anything at all and has no relationship to the consular interview.

An attorney can certainly help prepare you and guide you for your interview if you feel you need it or want it.

I can't see why you think a prior tourist visa denial means "SUSPICION OF FRAUD INTENT". There is no relationship between a prior tourist visa denial and a current K3 application, although you should certainly be very well prepared to prove the validity of the relationship.

Good luck.

Edited by kitkat1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Jerry:

Just realized that I never follow up on this issue. As I said, my wife tried to get a tourist visa in 2005, but was denied (as are most Colombians who either do not have immediate family in the U.S. or who are not well connected). As I have posted elsewhere, my wife was not asked one single question at her interview, including about her previous visa application. The CO was satisfied with our petition.

So, I would not worry too much about the tourist visa denial. Just have her tell the truth, if asked.

Mike

Maybe getting denied by a U.S. embassy in some "first world" county would be a negative, I can't imagine that being denied by the U.S. embassy in Bogota will be a big deal. As you've learned, the U.S. government denies many, many Colombians every day. In fact, from what I have been told, Colombia is one of the hardest countries from which to get a tourist visa to the U.S. As the U.S. Department of State says, the presumption is that the person is coming to the U.S. with the intention to stay...unless he or she can prove otherwise.

My wife tried to get a tourist visa for herself and her daughter two years ago to visit Disney World and was denied. If that is raised at her interview on Friday, I will let you know. But I have not worried about it.

Honestly, I don't think you need an attorney...unless she gets denied. Not much you can do at this point. Just tell her to answer any questions at the interview honestly.

Mike

5/25/06 - We met in Bogota

8/12/06 - Officially engaged in front of her family

9/15/06 - Married in Bogota by notary

10/7/06 - Wedding Blessing and reception in Bogota

I-130:

9/21/06 - Mailed to Texas

9/29/06 - NOA date (received on 10/11)

12/02/06 - NOA 2 received

I-129F:

10/13/06 - Mailed to Chicago

10/18/06 - NOA 1 date (received on 10/22)

11/27/06 - E-mail notification that petition approved!

12/02/06 - NOA 2 received

12/06/06 - Called NVC and got case number; told that petition had been forwarded to embassy in Bogota!

12/11/06 - DHL delivered petition to embassy.

12/13/06 - Adriana faxes "packet 3" information to embassy.

12/15/06 - We send "packet 3" information to embassy via courier.

12/22/06 - Return from honeymoon to find both packet 3 and 4 at my wife´s home in Bogota.

1/19/07 - Embassy interview - APPROVED! (Visa received on 1/22/07)

1/26/07 - Adriana and daughter to arrive in Miami

I-485 and I-797:

2/12/07 - AOS and EAD sent to Chicago lockbox

5/7/07 - Employment Authorization card received

8/28/07 - Re-scheduled (from 6/28) AOS interview in Orlando - AOS approved.

9/13/07 - Wife and step-daughter receive green cards

I-751:

6/1/09 - I-751 mailed

11/18/09 - Removal of Conditions approved

Citizenship:

10/26/10 - Citizenship interview (successful)

10/29/10 - Citizenship ceremony and oath

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Well, my story is little bit different. I got married to my wife in May of 2006. She has her K-3 interview set for March 22nd, 2007 and the CR1 has been completed, but not yet forwarded to the embassy. So, I believe that even if your wife got denied twice it doesn't mean she will have a problem. There is nothing wrong of applying and being denied. That means that at that time she didn't qualify, but NOW with the K-3 she has probably the best chance because it is meant to enable the families to be together sooner.

Now, I got married in May, 2006. I visited her in April, I visit my wife in May to get married. I visited her in September, I visited her in November, and I visited her on December. I got all the receipts, plane ticket receipts, car rental receipts, pictures, I mean, I really spent a lot of money traveling back and forth to visit my dearly wife. Not only it is good for our marriage and relationship, but it is also good in terms of her K-3 interview and hopefully the CR1. This shows that the marriage is genuine and even could not stop me from going. You may take down the bank account by traveling so much, but the officer will see how the money was spent in case you did not have enough money in your savings account, etc.

Now, I would say that you must make the very best effort to prove well enough how you and your wife keep in touch? My best recommendation is to try to visit your wife more often because what this shows is that since you are able to travel in and out of the US, the officer is probably going to ask, why the husband hasn't been traveling as much when he is able to travel in and out of the US? But your wife, being denied twice has made the effort to try to go to the US.

But the bottom line is, do not worry about it. Keep in mind that she was trying to visit you from Colombia. All she wanted was to see you and be with you. That's a simple explanation of her applying twice. It was to try to visit you while you got the paper work going with the K-3, which that's what you are doing.

Sergio

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

No, a denied tourist visa has no impact on your application now unless you falsified

information on the tourist visa application.

It is almost impossible to get a B2 visa from some countries so it does not matter.

No need for a lawyer about this issue.

Concentrate on relationship proof instead.

A denied B2 would raise serious suspicion if, for example, you want to visit a fiance

but answer no to the question of having a fiance in the country you want to visit.

Through cross checks this will be noticed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.