The Nature Boy

Roll Call of Fallen Commrades

2,825 posts in this topic

I'm not saying he used any racial slurs either. But there is only one reason why he posted the derogatory articles about blacks and gays. Try posting an article that puts Muslims in a bad light, let alone dozens of them and see how that goes. A few members dislike for blacks is/was quite apparent. So, if that is acceptable, not liking lesbians, or Irish, or Italians should be ok too, as long as no slurs are used. I just want to know what the rules are. Danno probably posted a hundred threads about blacks, most every one negative. But that wasn't "painting a wide demographic with a wide brush." Right.

(been giving this some thought since yesterday. Couldn't quite determine how to organize a succinct response...still haven't got it down but gonna give it a try)

First, I personally think he posted those posts for more than 1 reason. A few come to mind = (Blacks ) Self Indulgent Debate, Debate White Guilt, Express his POV regarding AA, Express his POV how to make a change....etc. ) (Gays ) Self Indulgent Debate, Express his POV = Lifestyle Choice and thinly veiled disparagement, Political & Societal Ramifications...& let's not 4get another of his faves = Single Parents.....(pretty much) same reasons as above but mostly the larger theme of Moral Decay destroying society. (in his mind)

I am not convinced Danno is a racist. (but) I am convinced Danno has very well defined opinions and he is passionate about it.

I'm not endorsing his POV...(but) I support his freedom to express it in this forum (until and if the rules change)

So, if that is acceptable, not liking

(sorry to repeat myself but) There is a fine line separating criticism and disparagement.

Let's move away from Danno and discuss broader topic.

Think "Gangs of New York". (albeit full of historical inaccuracies. I think the movie's story line can translate here...sort of) On the surface - it appeared the fight between the Natives and the Irish was racist. (but) It was about socioeconomics. Own Five Points = Own the city's economic and political power.

Tie it to this forum = I have no discriminatory attitude towards the LGBT community but I recognize SSM will cost We the People money. See? I am not disparaging the LGBT community - but I recognize the extra expense & I don't like more expense. I accept it coz I think it's the right thing to do. Others may need some time to catch up with that understanding and maybe never will. Want to complain about LGBT SSM cost? Want to complain about LGBT education in Schools? Go for it = Attack the Doctrine - not the Sexual orientation. Attacking Sexual Orientation is now considered hate speech. (& it also attacks the foundation of our country = freedom. but that's a side thought)

The Black community (please don't ask me to list all the reasons how the Black community impacts...we all know or have opinions & I am not pushing an agenda just stating a fact), LGBT community, Illegals aka "migrant workers" (rolling my eyes on that 1), Unemployed, SNAP, Corporations, Entitlements, Energy Subsidies, Progressives, Conservatives, Tea Party, Islamic Militants, Foreign Policy, Fed Policy...etc..etc.. = these are "Current Events and Hot Social Topics" & all affect the Socioeconomics, Sociology & Governing of our country.

Attack the Doctrine...Defend the Doctrine....Debate the Doctrine...= Makes this forum entertaining.

(Okay...that's the best I could do - to condense a complicated & splintered ..thought? & wasn't Gangs of New York a great movie?!)

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

A real redneck would have filled the back of the pickup with water and gone swimming in it.

well I had a huge pool right there or we might have. We did have Hot chicks in Bikini's shooting big guns, so i guess that gets us the Neck badge

P.S Redneck is an offensive term used to describe a wide swath of demographics of folks like me

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

(Okay...that's the best I could do - to condense a complicated & splintered ..thought? & wasn't Gangs of New York a great movie?!)

I really enjoyed it. That movie redeemed Leo after that titanic bs

Timeline

Yes but why complain when we have hot babes in bikinis with big guns? Life is too good and exhausting for us.

well I had a huge pool right there or we might have. We did have Hot chicks in Bikini's shooting big guns, so i guess that gets us the Neck badge

P.S Redneck is an offensive term used to describe a wide swath of demographics of folks like me

Timeline

In my opinion if we ignore when he is doing this more often then we would see less of them. I will go and try to have a private chat with Danno if he is allowed to return and see if a common ground can be had by limiting offensive posting. They don't break the TOS though but we need to leave the mods alone.

I saw Marvin seemed to have a positive affect on Danno though.

(been giving this some thought since yesterday. Couldn't quite determine how to organize a succinct response...still haven't got it down but gonna give it a try)

First, I personally think he posted those posts for more than 1 reason. A few come to mind = (Blacks ) Self Indulgent Debate, Debate White Guilt, Express his POV regarding AA, Express his POV how to make a change....etc. ) (Gays ) Self Indulgent Debate, Express his POV = Lifestyle Choice and thinly veiled disparagement, Political & Societal Ramifications...& let's not 4get another of his faves = Single Parents.....(pretty much) same reasons as above but mostly the larger theme of Moral Decay destroying society. (in his mind)

I am not convinced Danno is a racist. (but) I am convinced Danno has very well defined opinions and he is passionate about it.

I'm not endorsing his POV...(but) I support his freedom to express it in this forum (until and if the rules change)

(sorry to repeat myself but) There is a fine line separating criticism and disparagement.

Let's move away from Danno and discuss broader topic.

Think "Gangs of New York". (albeit full of historical inaccuracies. I think the movie's story line can translate here...sort of) On the surface - it appeared the fight between the Natives and the Irish was racist. (but) It was about socioeconomics. Own Five Points = Own the city's economic and political power.

Tie it to this forum = I have no discriminatory attitude towards the LGBT community but I recognize SSM will cost We the People money. See? I am not disparaging the LGBT community - but I recognize the extra expense & I don't like more expense. I accept it coz I think it's the right thing to do. Others may need some time to catch up with that understanding and maybe never will. Want to complain about LGBT SSM cost? Want to complain about LGBT education in Schools? Go for it = Attack the Doctrine - not the Sexual orientation. Attacking Sexual Orientation is now considered hate speech. (& it also attacks the foundation of our country = freedom. but that's a side thought)

The Black community (please don't ask me to list all the reasons how the Black community impacts...we all know or have opinions & I am not pushing an agenda just stating a fact), LGBT community, Illegals aka "migrant workers" (rolling my eyes on that 1), Unemployed, SNAP, Corporations, Entitlements, Energy Subsidies, Progressives, Conservatives, Tea Party, Islamic Militants, Foreign Policy, Fed Policy...etc..etc.. = these are "Current Events and Hot Social Topics" & all affect the Socioeconomics, Sociology & Governing of our country.

Attack the Doctrine...Defend the Doctrine....Debate the Doctrine...= Makes this forum entertaining.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Fun day at the pool in the hay field

Impressive - she's got the stance down verra well.

How to tell? No jiggle in middle torso.. she absorbed the recoil from shoulders to spine to legs with no jiggle inbetween.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

She looked very comfortable while firing. Big thumbs up.

Impressive - she's got the stance down verra well.

How to tell? No jiggle in middle torso.. she absorbed the recoil from shoulders to spine to legs with no jiggle inbetween.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope this is family friendly. My lunch companions yesterday.

Family friendly - check.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC