The Nature Boy

Roll Call of Fallen Commrades

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Anybody remember Joe, from Joseph & Anna? How about Dan & Judy?

Dan & Judy for sure but Joseph and Anna don't ring a bell.

And I am allowed to say my thoughts. This section on the site needs to be cleaned up from troublemakers and a huge troublemaker is the thin skinned ones that should not even be in P&R. The mods don't need to be worrying about this section. Too often reporting non TOS postings then should be permabanned from the OT and P&R only. That way we get a win win all around.

Stop using the report button to bother the mods.

(post edited to remove quoted comment previously removed - VJ Moderation)

This ^^

Slava Ukraini !

ukraine_zps4f8e4d75.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

An exchange of posts containing personal attacks and some quoting same have been removed. This is an official warning. Any further such comments, personal attacks or insults will result in the poster being thread-banned from this thread. Decide if that is worth it to you.

Come on, everyone, you know the rules! Making things personal is what gets you in trouble. Discuss the topic (and yes, it has veered widely off base at times) and please leave off with the inappropriate behaviour.

Another consideration - while some members may no longer participate on Visa Journey because they have used up all of their chances (and there are usually many) to post appropriately, some do chose to leave Visa Journey on their own and for their own reasons.

Thank you for addressing this in a transparent manor. The rest of us really appreciate the thread being able to continue even if absent a few of the bickering members. This type of moderating makes sense and is fair to everyone. It allows people to dig their own grave instead of everyone's.

When I edited the post, I took out the slang terms and left the rest. I sincerely thought that was what moderation wanted removed. I had no intention to cause even more controversy, and for that I apologize.

We need to have some very detailed rules and a list of unusable words as a guide to go by. There were dozens upon dozens of threads painting blacks, gays, etc in a negative light, yet that was considered someone's opinion. If we're expected to do a 180 on what is allowed, we really do need some very explicit instructions. If we don't know what the rules are, we can't follow them. And using common sense and trying to be "politically correct" isn't going to work, IMO. Someone is going to be offended no matter what. Whether here or in real life, we see and hear things we don't like. Comedians make jokes on TV, people are offended. Oprah had content that offended some people. The news has stories that offend people. If I don't like what I'm seeing, I change the channel or turn off the TV. I don't laugh at racist jokes. I don't hang around with racist people.

If there is a VJ thread about basket weaving, I don't read it. We had people in this thread making post after post judging someone they didn't know, calling him a fat, lazy slob. Questioning his financial status. All because they don't approve of his lifestyle or choices in life. They posted to cause controversy and trouble. Lot's of judging goes on in these forums. I find some of it quite offensive, but it's my choice to continue to participate.

Man Crush

+1111111111

IMO - it's really quite simple.

Example -

Danno used "research" to explain / argue his pov regarding the pro / con of specific population - racial or sexual orientation or marital status - demographic.

BUT

Danno NEVER referred to any of the above with a slur.

(that's how I recall his posting history)

Once again dead on +1111111111

They are the same. Justifying the relative lack of worth of an entire swath of people, repeatedly, is no different from using a racial slur.

so it's ok to claim that all of the issues plaguing the black community as a whole, are the result of Racism, but to have the opinion that many of the problems, that the demographic itself complains of, are the result of problems endemic to issues withing the demographic is not allowed

In short claiming an issue is because of the racism of white people is is fine, refuting that with fact and example is offensive. Makes perfect sense Not. So it's ok to imply my race as a whole are all racist but not ok to submit evidence to the contrary.

I really do believe it should be easy to avoid debasing an entire group of people, and also to not personally attack people on this board. No need to rewrite the TOS or make a long list of crazy rules.

But, I do tire of what has been called the "PC debate." It should be called the polite debate.

Back to the jokes!

And it seems that in the past few days I have asked several times about why you choose to deliver biting comment and acidic replies. ??

None of us are perfect and all here have been snarky, and at times you have been very very less than polite.

This. And even though I've mellowed into the kinder, gentler maven these days, when I think back about the nasty, vitriolic comments that were made about certain nationalities, it still makes my hackles raise a little.

I ask for petince and forgiveness for my past acidic remarks about Caba chicks

Now I will go and cry the tears of burdens lifted, my favorite CABA chick of all times

:thumbs:

You're only a bigot when you criticize the "oppressed". ;)

& slurring those which criticize the oppressed by labeling them bigots doesn't make me a bigot...no...not at all. :whistle:

A darn men. Per my earlier post. It's quite ok to imply most white people are racist oppressors. However to refute that is Racism

I, for 1 , got tired of the various race threads populating this forum. (But) This isn't my forum. It's Ewok's. & It's not mine to dictate what interests other VJs desire to discuss. Posting is open for all active members.

Different strokes for different folks.

Don't like what one particular poster ...posts...don't follow that poster's posts.

Heck - I don't even read Danno's threads anymore...coz I've seen enough of them to repeat it verbatim. (that's an exaggeration but I'm sure you get the point)

and i not because I think he is racist, quite the contrary. His posts are too long .

Feigned outrage rules the day on this site. Mods here can twist any statement into a bannable offense. To be a mod here you have to have somewhat of an inferiority complex.

You know we are having a frank honest discussion and have made a lot of progress with understanding from both sides. I honestly feel most Mods try to do what they think is right. There is one, who I think should not be a mod, based on my many years of leadership experience.They head mod Kathryn is very gracious and nice, even when we disagree. As are several others.

Your remark however is uncalled for. and I would report, if we had all not agreed to not report.

Seems to me - some on this site want free range to criticize whatever they want....including those which don't match their ideology.

& simultaneously - want to suppress the critical voices which disagree with their POV.

Discussion is open conversation. Don't like the topic being discussed. Find another thread.

Bingo You on fire tonight

I'm not saying he used any racial slurs either. But there is only one reason why he posted the derogatory articles about blacks and gays. Try posting an article that puts Muslims in a bad light, let alone dozens of them and see how that goes. A few members dislike for blacks is/was quite apparent. So, if that is acceptable, not liking lesbians, or Irish, or Italians should be ok too, as long as no slurs are used. I just want to know what the rules are. Danno probably posted a hundred threads about blacks, most every one negative. But that wasn't "painting a wide demographic with a wide brush." Right.

And conversely Marvin' who I like very much this is not a a slam, posting many many articles about blacks and how they all suffer at the hands of white oppression, is not paining a demographic. I viewed a lot of what Danoo posted, not so much attacking Blacks, as defending whites saying it was not their fault.

75 pages into this thread and no one noticed that NB spelled comrades wrong!

You know.. just how freaking awesome is that

It's like my freaking destiny to launch the greatest thread ever and misspell the title.

It's like making the moon landing on Acid and not caring