The Nature Boy

Roll Call of Fallen Commrades

2,825 posts in this topic

Timeline

Exactly. No need to hit report button just because don't like the subject matter. If someone is using the report button and the matter is not a TOS violation then maybe that reporter should get a time out to chill.

Seems to me - some on this site want free range to criticize whatever they want....including those which don't match their ideology.

& simultaneously - want to suppress the critical voices which disagree with their POV.

Discussion is open conversation. Don't like the topic being discussed. Find another thread.

Of course once again you've completely missed the point. But that's ok I'm here to help. My point was that there shouldn't be any special organizations based on race or sexual preference. That would be racist and bigoted. Just as an organization for white people would be racist and bigoted. I really hope that clears it up for you, because I don't think I can state it any clearer than that. Somehow I still think you wont get it though. Not because you're incapable, but because you're unwilling.

I do get your point, your point is wrong. The point of these organisations is not to exclude, but to provide a platform to support people who would otherwise have no voice because they are already excluded. Why can't you see that? Are you unwilling?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Exactly. No need to hit report button just because don't like the subject matter. If someone is using the report button and the matter is not a TOS violation then maybe that reporter should get a time out to chill.

I think filing a false police report is a crime.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

I think filing a false police report is a crime.

You can hit the report button for whatever the hell you want to, that doesn't mean any action will be taken.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

I do get your point, your point is wrong. The point of these organisations is not to exclude, but to provide a platform to support people who would otherwise have no voice because they are already excluded. Why can't you see that? Are you unwilling?

OK so then by that logic it would be ok to have organizations for white folks where they are the minority. I'm glad we agree. (F)

OK so then by that logic it would be ok to have organizations for white folks where they are the minority. I'm glad we agree. (F)

As you like what if's, I'll give you one. If history had been different, and if blacks had been the ones who removed the rights of whites to be human beings in any recognised sense of the word for several centuries then sure, they would be in a position to want and demand an organisation to promote their rights and support those who were denegrated for being white. As currently there is no where that this is the case, there is no need for an organisation to promote white folks.

Of course, you could always try going to a meeting of one of these scary black groups and find out for yourself what they do and whether in fact they are promoting a bigoted or racist agenda, you might find it interesting.

Timeline

As you like what if's, I'll give you one. If history had been different, and if blacks had been the ones who removed the rights of whites to be human beings in any recognised sense of the word for several centuries then sure, they would be in a position to want and demand an organisation to promote their rights and support those who were denegrated for being white. As currently there is no where that this is the case, there is no need for an organisation to promote white folks.

IDK, in the middle of second grade I was taken out of my school and forced to ride a bus to another school everyday solely because of my race. There was no organization to stick up for me when I was the victim of racism. I guess it's too late to sue, since that was 1974. I suppose I'll have to keep making a living by going to work everyday. It sucks being white. No one cares about you.

Of course, you could always try going to a meeting of one of these scary black groups and find out for yourself what they do and whether in fact they are promoting a bigoted or racist agenda, you might find it interesting.

I have a problem with groups whose membership is based on race. I'm progressive like that.

IDK, in the middle of second grade I was taken out of my school and forced to ride a bus to another school everyday solely because of my race. There was no organization to stick up for me when I was the victim of racism. I guess it's too late to sue, since that was 1974. I suppose I'll have to keep making a living by going to work everyday. It sucks being white. No one cares about you.

You may have been victimised, I have no idea. Why were you forced to go to another school because you were white? That does not make much sense.

I have a problem with groups whose membership is based on race. I'm progressive like that.

The membership is not based on race though. They are not promoiting blacks at the expense of others, they are there to try to give those who have been excluded and victimised a chance at doing better. They do not exclude others nor do they suggest that others are inferior or lesser than themselves. That seems to me to be slightly more progressive than allowing the status quo to exist for longer than it needs to.

They are the same. Justifying the relative lack of worth of an entire swath of people, repeatedly, is no different from using a racial slur.

Agreed. But it seems ok to do that here as long as it's blacks. Some religions are off limits, even when you post what their leaders say.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

You may have been victimised, I have no idea. Why were you forced to go to another school because you were white? That does not make much sense.

Yeah it doesn't make much sense. My parents thought the same thing, so we moved out of Detroit the following year. Here's a little about it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/09/booming/desegregation-and-the-public-schools.html?_r=0

IMO - as it relates to the nature of this forum = discussion / debate = yes.

That's what I like about this Forum = diverse perspectives discussed (IMO) by many intelligent people with good communication / writing skills.

a VJ for example - He constantly rails on the GOP & Conservatives...sometimes the Libertarians become a target. The only time I take offense to it = when he uses slurs and insult.

another VJ - is on point to criticize people of faith & organized religion. No offense until he starts name calling and insulting (which off the top of my head - I can't remember him using slurs. He just mocks.)

Etc...

I don't recall Danno ever making a racist comment about Blacks. (but) He is very committed to his opinion regarding the community shortcomings being the responsibility of the community itself. He might be a Bigot...I'm not convinced he's a racist. Coz he often recognized individual success....

I personally tire of the "race debate"...but before I grew bored with it - I learned some new perspective from the Danno versus - debates. Some threads were very informative.

I'm not saying he used any racial slurs either. But there is only one reason why he posted the derogatory articles about blacks and gays. Try posting an article that puts Muslims in a bad light, let alone dozens of them and see how that goes. A few members dislike for blacks is/was quite apparent. So, if that is acceptable, not liking lesbians, or Irish, or Italians should be ok too, as long as no slurs are used. I just want to know what the rules are. Danno probably posted a hundred threads about blacks, most every one negative. But that wasn't "painting a wide demographic with a wide brush." Right.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

The membership is not based on race though. They are not promoiting blacks at the expense of others, they are there to try to give those who have been excluded and victimised a chance at doing better. They do not exclude others nor do they suggest that others are inferior or lesser than themselves. That seems to me to be slightly more progressive than allowing the status quo to exist for longer than it needs to.

Really? Isn't affirmative action all about preferring one race over another? Seems the NAACP is fine with that:

http://www.naacp.org/press/entry/naacp-statement-on-supreme-court-decision-to-uphold-michigan-ban-on-affirma