The Nature Boy

Roll Call of Fallen Commrades

2,825 posts in this topic

So who is the dominant group, and what defines "dominant?"

The group that wields the power, makes the rules. If that group makes rules that explicitly or implicitly demean those who do not belong to that group then you have bigotry. Legacy bigotry is when people still operate as if those rules are still in place even when they have been removed, that's what is happening now.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Generally speaking, the name calling isn't much of a problem, it's just the icing on the cake, what sucks is not being able to go through life without having to explain yourself all the time. The dominant group go about their business without hindrance, the group that has been institutionally castigated remains highly visible and often has to prove innocence. That's not how it should be.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Feigned outrage rules the day on this site. Mods here can twist any statement into a bannable offense. To be a mod here you have to have somewhat of an inferiority complex.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The group that wields the power, makes the rules. If that group makes rules that explicitly or implicitly demean those who do not belong to that group then you have bigotry. Legacy bigotry is when people still operate as if those rules are still in place even when they have been removed, that's what is happening now.

So then there should be no problem with some white folks getting together in Detroit, San Antonio, El Paso etc. setting up an organization for themselves. White folks are the minorities in those places. African Americans have been making the decisions for the white minority in Detroit for 30+ years, yet I haven't seen any white's rights groups pop up there. If they did, they would quickly be labelled as racist Nazis.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Feigned outrage rules the day on this site. Mods here can twist any statement into a bannable offense. To be a mod here you have to have somewhat of an inferiority complex.

Mods do not twist anything. Anyway, you are an anarchist, you don't play by any rules so what do you care?

Timeline

Mods do not twist anything. Anyway, you are an anarchist, you don't play by any rules so what do you care?

He +1'ed your post. Now I'm really confused. I guess that's the point of anarchists though.

Seems to me - some on this site want free range to criticize whatever they want....including those which don't match their ideology.

& simultaneously - want to suppress the critical voices which disagree with their POV.

Discussion is open conversation. Don't like the topic being discussed. Find another thread.

That sums it up nicely actually.

So then there should be no problem with some white folks getting together in Detroit, San Antonio, El Paso etc. setting up an organization for themselves. White folks are the minorities in those places. African Americans have been making the decisions for the white minority in Detroit for 30+ years, yet I haven't seen any white's rights groups pop up there. If they did, they would quickly be labelled as racist Nazis.

Sorry, no, that makes no sense. These issues are not about 'what if', they are about what is.

Timeline

Sorry, no, that makes no sense. These issues are not about 'what if', they are about what is.

Ahh ok. Got it now. :rolleyes:

He +1'ed your post. Now I'm really confused. I guess that's the point of anarchists though.

That sums it up nicely actually.

Thanks.. I need a confirm now and then ...coz..I'm not good at Sum Ups....& my BFF G hasn't been providing any coaching....I'm just hanging on by a thread.

I really need to take a self esteem class...perhaps a group hug type therapy....

I am? :rofl:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Seems to me - some on this site want free range to criticize whatever they want....including those which don't match their ideology.

& simultaneously - want to suppress the critical voices which disagree with their POV.

Discussion is open conversation. Don't like the topic being discussed. Find another thread.

So even though there is agreement amongst the vast majority that racism is wrong and shouldn't be complacently accepted, you think that racist views should be allowed because they are just 'another' point of view?

Ahh ok. Got it now. :rolleyes:

No, you really haven't. You think that just because there are non white politicians in a certain area that should justify white only institutions? How does that even begin to make sense to you? What would a white only group hope to achieve in this context do you think?

That's a loaded question coz - first have to define / qualify the suggested "racism" displayed.

Meaning = what 1 considers racist another may not. (but) A clear qualifier = Slur & Hate speech.

Using Danno as an example again....

For some reason Danno is focused on "Moral Decay' to the point I consider - obsession. (I think 1 reason is convenience = he knows it will garner the self indulgent debate he desires)

Okay...now tie it to another = if I pick up a Home & Garden magazine.. I expect to read what?

If I open one of Danno's threads...I expect to read his theories on - Moral Decay.

Danno considers the plight of Black America to be self inflicted moral decay. That's not racism. Bigotry? Maybe. But not racism.

That's my take on Danno.

( I am building a trellis for the Garden. Have some viners ready to vine. I'm exiting the conversation coz I think the glue has set.)

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Timeline

No, you really haven't. You think that just because there are non white politicians in a certain area that should justify white only institutions? How does that even begin to make sense to you? What would a white only group hope to achieve in this context do you think?

Of course once again you've completely missed the point. But that's ok I'm here to help. My point was that there shouldn't be any special organizations based on race or sexual preference. That would be racist and bigoted. Just as an organization for white people would be racist and bigoted. I really hope that clears it up for you, because I don't think I can state it any clearer than that. Somehow I still think you wont get it though. Not because you're incapable, but because you're unwilling.

Edited by Karee

That's a loaded question coz - first have to define / qualify the suggested "racism" displayed.

Meaning = what 1 considers racist another may not. (but) A clear qualifier = Slur & Hate speech.

Using Danno as an example again....

For some reason Danno is focused on "Moral Decay' to the point I consider - obsession. (I think 1 reason is convenience = he knows it will garner the self indulgent debate he desires)

Okay...now tie it to another = if I pick up a Home & Garden magazine.. I expect to read what?

If I open one of Danno's threads...I expect to read his theories on - Moral Decay.

Danno considers the plight of Black America to be self inflicted moral decay. That's not racism. Bigotry? Maybe. But not racism.

That's my take on Danno.

( I am building a trellis for the Garden. Have some viners ready to vine. I'm exiting the conversation coz I think the glue has set.)

Self inflicted moral decay? Why would this only affect the 'black' group? Do you not even get the principal of what constitutes racism? This is the danger of complacently accepting certain views as just another opinion. You get this, a poster in perfect ignorance that they are promoting racist views simply because it doesn't present itself as 'hate speech' in a form they recognise as such.