The Nature Boy

Roll Call of Fallen Commrades

2,825 posts in this topic

She made it known it was her, at least one mod saw it or it was reported by someone else before it could be deleted, and now she's gone.

So no other choice was left....smh...youthful exuberance channeled the wrong way.

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

She made it known it was her, at least one mod saw it or it was reported by someone else before it could be deleted, and now she's gone.

But in the end game, I can see if we were doing foolishness in the upper forums, but what the heck does it matter

As I said in the Mod forum

Most folks are reasonable. If they are doing something that is truly not appropriate, if you send them a little message and ask them to stop, 99% would probably be a little embarrassed and stop

But when your first contact is an suspension and 3 paragraphs of " I highly suggest you refrain from any further action as I will be monitoring you and won't hesitate to etc etc" That's so over the top and heavy handed.

One mod sent me one like that and said at the Bottom. "Also I have copied Kathryn on this" That is like the coworker that sends you a bombastic E-mail and copies the boss. Not that I mind, she has always been pleasant, even if we disagree, but leadership that has to back up their authority by threatening to tell the boss, is lacking.

So no other choice was left....smh...youthful exuberance channeled the wrong way.

True, it was a mistake on her part, but the poor decisions by moderation that led up to it are also to blame. I would like to see some type of reconciliation by the mods and give her another chance.

Timeline

And I have went and made a pleading on her behalf and was rebuffed and now I am here enraged. The process to change this ban and give her another chance is so ridiculous and over the top that it is mind numbing. I am just pissed off at the process that is needed. No one can have come up with a worse system. I plan on chatting with Ewok about it but I am positive it won't help. He has to have been OK with it to allow it and probably made the system himself. So nothing can be done in my opinion. Of course that never stopped me from trying.

True, it was a mistake on her part, but the poor decisions by moderation that led up to it are also to blame. I would like to see some type of reconciliation by the mods and give her another chance.

Timeline

I agree. The automatic progression to a higher penalty is the culprit. On a site this large with the large differences of people need a more of a casual system at times. Just give simple timeouts. No suspension should last more than a few days or a real bad repeatable offense a week. A month is ridiculous for any offense. I have given a few timeouts and made the offenders be counciled. If they refuse then they are gone for good. That can't work here I am sure but the system is broken now.

But in the end game, I can see if we were doing foolishness in the upper forums, but what the heck does it matter

As I said in the Mod forum

Most folks are reasonable. If they are doing something that is truly not appropriate, if you send them a little message and ask them to stop, 99% would probably be a little embarrassed and stop

But when your first contact is an suspension and 3 paragraphs of " I highly suggest you refrain from any further action as I will be monitoring you and won't hesitate to etc etc" That's so over the top and heavy handed.

One mod sent me one like that and said at the Bottom. "Also I have copied Kathryn on this" That is like the coworker that sends you a bombastic E-mail and copies the boss. Not that I mind, she has always been pleasant, even if we disagree, but leadership that has to back up their authority by threatening to tell the boss, is lacking.

And I have went and made a pleading on her behalf and was rebuffed and now I am here enraged. The process to change this ban and give her another chance is so ridiculous and over the top that it is mind numbing. I am just pissed off at the process that is needed. No one can have come up with a worse system. I plan on chatting with Ewok about it but I am positive it won't help. He has to have been OK with it to allow it and probably made the system himself. So nothing can be done in my opinion. Of course that never stopped me from trying.

I agree with you 100%. Penny is Naive as they come, but not malicious. She gave me hell many days, and most of the time I played up the Misogynist redneck Neanderthal, just to get her worked into a lather.

She was one of my Favs here and I never took any of it personally. I think good natured ribbing, and bickering is part of .

Timeline

Penny is a fine member and should be here bickering with us now. The site was wrong to her.

I agree with you 100%. Penny is Naive as they come, but not malicious. She gave me hell many days, and most of the time I played up the Misogynist redneck Neanderthal, just to get her worked into a lather.

She was one of my Favs here and I never took any of it personally. I think good natured ribbing, and bickering is part of .

Penny is a fine member and should be here bickering with us now. The site was wrong to her.

Bickering is not allowed

So after seeing all the people gone. "I don't keep up with names as much as some"

Me being the class clown, I guess I am lucky to still be here

I'm gonna get booed on this 1...

TCO....the dude made for an easy target. & he kept getting back up for more. Now that = fun fun fun.

I am still not sold on Uncle Gary, I have my doubts.

The original 30 days for Penny calling someone a sock puppet was ridiculous. How does that even equate to a ban? It really doesn't matter about past offenses on something so ridiculous as that.

Especially when that is the person she called a sock puppet.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I miss pervy

What happened to Gary? I was away working on my degree and when I returned, Gary was absent. The short version would be enough.

PS. Danno is AWOL also -- is he gone or busy?

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC