The Nature Boy

Roll Call of Fallen Commrades

2,825 posts in this topic

Okay...there can't be complete anarchy. Some1 will do a Psycho.

Perhaps....report count triggers action. Raise the bar. There has to be X # of reports by X number of members b4 a mod intervenes....

Question - Does this God..Ewok..have such logistical management technology?

Ah cool. If things are really changing, i'll come back.

Ummmm...excuse me...you are already here...Don't freak out! It's just the acid...you are..who you are! & YOU..are OKAY!

AJ did the last one. He's the pole master. Or do I mean poll? Both.

Oh whatever that was no accident

I think that's the solution = raise the bar. No mod intervention until X amount of reports come in from X # of various members....

& when a Mod intervenes...allow the fallen one...a way out..through some sort of penance. (rough draft..it's evolving)

Sure..there might be some gang bangers ..pulling resources...but all in all...if the bar is high enough....difficult to achieve a political / lobby majority.

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

1) I think it was NB which 1st suggested developing a level 2 forum registration and TOS acceptance = new arena

2) Let all come and behold! Accept the grace given unto you and register under the level 2 TOS Amnesty and new path to VJ citizenship.

Question is = what are the rules....some might say = there's no rules (in a W voice)...

I think you touched on it. The main problem is the arbitrary way in which the rules are enforced. I think when a TOS is breached it needs to be very clear. If they can not show the TOS, then they need to let it be. Admitting there is no TOS, but they are taking action anyway, is basically saying. we are doing cause we can and it's personal.

Also I learned in almost 30 years of management experience, if the same name keeps coming up in every controversy , no matter the group involved, you have what I like to call a common denominator. .

I have never seen the members of this forum so vocal, I do remember the days, that if you talked about a Mod action you got nuked. However in talking to several of you behind the scenes, I think most of you are almost at the point of leaving.

If I was a betting man, unless they dismiss some Mods, they are going to double down and might even just shut it down. just my opinion.

but purgatory NEVER buys the second death of Hell.

& perhaps some tort reform needs to be in play....I wish I knew God Ewok's technological capabilities....

Okay...there can't be complete anarchy. Some1 will do a Psycho.

Perhaps....report count triggers action. Raise the bar. There has to be X # of reports by X number of members b4 a mod intervenes....

Question - Does this God..Ewok..have such logistical management technology?

Ummmm...excuse me...you are already here...Don't freak out! It's just the acid...you are..who you are! & YOU..are OKAY!

I don't know if there needs to be a certain number of reports for a mod to intervene. Like when some loser comes along and posts a lot of racist ####### about Marvin. It shouldn't just sit there for all the world to see until enough people report it. Racism should not be tolerated. However, it needs to be obvious racism, sexism, etc. Danno, I don't think, ever crossed the line.

I also don't mind the filter on profanity, since everybody knows how to work around it.

Other than that, there's not much else I can think of that needs to be monitored.

I think you touched on it. The main problem is the arbitrary way in which the rules are enforced. I think when a TOS is breached it needs to be very clear. If they can not show the TOS, then they need to let it be. Admitting there is no TOS, but they are taking action anyway, is basically saying. we are doing cause we can and it's personal.

Also I learned in almost 30 years of management experience, if the same name keeps coming up in every controversy , no matter the group involved, you have what I like to call a common denominator. .

I have never seen the members of this forum so vocal, I do remember the days, that if you talked about a Mod action you got nuked. However in talking to several of you behind the scenes, I think most of you are almost at the point of leaving.

If I was a betting man, unless they dismiss some Mods, they are going to double down and might even just shut it down. just my opinion.

Then I am just pissing in my hand...I thought Lucky stated we have true hope.....now I'm just thinking to get drunk instead.

I don't know if there needs to be a certain number of reports for a mod to intervene. Like when some loser comes along and posts a lot of racist ####### about Marvin. It shouldn't just sit there for all the world to see until enough people report it. Racism should not be tolerated. However, it needs to be obvious racism, sexism, etc. Danno, I don't think, ever crossed the line.

I also don't mind the filter on profanity, since everybody knows how to work around it.

Other than that, there's not much else I can think of that needs to be monitored.

But Benny...obviously "Racism" is subjectively interpreted.

I think that's the solution = raise the bar. No mod intervention until X amount of reports come in from X # of various members....

& when a Mod intervenes...allow the fallen one...a way out..through some sort of penance. (rough draft..it's evolving)

Sure..there might be some gang bangers ..pulling resources...but all in all...if the bar is high enough....difficult to achieve a political / lobby majority.

Reporting should not have anything to do with it. Either somebody did something that is very offensive or they did not.

At the risk of repeating myself

Example:

I assign A B C etc to certain responses people like to give. it's meant in a funny way, but also to point out that the same response usually comes out.

It is fine for almost a year. Some tease me about. It's all good natured. Penny scolds me a few times. I laugh about it.

Then out of the blue in the middle of typing a reply I get banned for it, with no warning, and the only reason I am given is someone complained. That's just insane. Then when I buck a little, the same Mod starts handing out sanctions to me like candy, but tells me it's not Personal ??

In a normal world, someone would have said, Hey NB I know you been doing it for a year, but it is really rubbing some the wrong way. Would you mind toning it down ?

But Benny...obviously "Racism" is subjectively interpreted.

To an extent I agree. However, there are certain words, names, etc. that any reasonable person will understand as crossing the line.

Its fun hangin out with you dorks at night. Are we about to tear this mother down?

I prefer the term Geeky Nerd.

To an extent I agree. However, there are certain words, names, etc. that any reasonable person will understand as crossing the line.

Agreed = Filter.

& I am not suggesting eliminate the report button. I'm saying make it a sticky button.

I have no doubt the good people of this forum will rise up against ...the dark side.

So...if a report button is clicked...there is a category option selected & a brief twitter style comment permitted.

But. Again. I don't know God Ewok's technological capabilities...& if we ask Santa for too much...maybe he skips our house this year.