Cindy2014

K1 Visa put on Ready status thrice

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks dear. I guess I just have to wait bcos on the ceac site it stated there that if there is no form given I just to with until further advise .. thank A lot! Will keep posted !

Timeline

Might want to be a bit careful on this too. Certain airlines have policies that don't allow people to fly extremely close to their due date for the obvious reason that giving birth within the 27 inches of seat you get could be extremely problematic and there could be complications. Certainly worth checking before actually booking a flight.Â

Hello Teripid! I looked into this and delta airlines does not have restrictions for pregnant women. Though they suggest to speak to your health care provider (which I did get a med cert), they don't restrict pregnant women to fly. Thank you for the concern! Really hope and pray that my visa would get issued today.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everyone! Just to give you all an update on my case that it may help others in the future as well. Here's my timeline:

May5-Interview

May8- Ready

May9- Administrative Processing

May14- Ready

May19- Ready

May20-Ready(AM)

May20-Administrative Processing(PM)

May22-Issued

May28-Got a text from 2go that my visa is ready for pick up. Visa on hand!

23days after my interview, I have the visa on hand. This is great news for me and fiance that everything went well. Because of this wait time, I already gave birth to our daughter. This now opens a new chapter--CRBA. Hope this helps everyone!

Timeline

23 days. I guess that is the new normal. Remember when it was 2 days?

Hehe. Either my case is an outlier or, this average may just go up. I was thinking maybe when they were saying 2-3 days they meant the concatenation of those values “23”.

Happy that other member got some good news. Better yet, they got a bundle of good news ;)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

23 days. I guess that is the new normal. Remember when it was 2 days?

Nope. It too 2 weeks when my wife got her visa. :lol:

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am undergoing the same, here's my timeline:

May 22- Interview

then when I checked the ceac status until now it's still ready and case is open. case creation and case updated May 22. I haven't seen any AP on it. As i was reading some topics on this forum, their cases got into the AP the next day after the interview.

why mine hasn't change at all? :(

God has perfect timing; never early, never late. It takes a little patience and it takes a lot of faith but it's worth the wait. ❤️

I was on a K-1 Visa on 2014.

I-751 Timeline California Service Center:

• Sent Packet: July 03,2017
  • NOA 1 Receipt Date: July 05,2017
  • NOA 2 Receipt Date: July 14,2017
  • Biometrics: August 02, 2017
  • Case Received at My Local Office - No Mail Notice- Just Online Status: February 26,2018
  • I-551 Stamp: August 13, 2018
  • 18 Months Extension Letter Receipt Date: August 18,2018
  • 18 Months Extension Letter Received: August 25, 2018
  • New Card is being Produced: October 15, 2018
  • Case was Approved: October 16,2018
  • Card was Mailed to me: October 17,2018
  • Card was picked up by the USPS: October 18,2018
  • Card Received/on Hand: October 19,2018

N-400 Timeline Las Vegas Field Office:

• Online Application : January 03,2019
  • Biometrics Appointment Scheduled: January 04, 2019
  • Biometrics: January 25, 2019
  • Interview Scheduled: August 16,2019
  • Interview Day: September 23, 2019
  • Approved Application: September 23, 2019
  • Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled: October 10,2019
  • Naturalization Day: November 15,2019
  • Passport Applied: November 15,2019 (Regular Processing)
  • Passport Received: January 07, 2020

IR-5 Timeline California Service Center - MOTHER:

• I-30 Online Application - January 08, 2020
  • NOA 1 Receipt Notice Received - January 13,2020
  • Approved (Approval Notice was uploaded online) - May 18,2020
  • NVC Number was issued via E-mail - May 18,2020
  • Submitted Documents on CEAC - July 23,2020
  • Documentarily Qualified - September 29,2020

Waiting for the interview schedule before doing the medical....

IR-5 Timeline California Service Center- FATHER

• I-30 Online Application : January 08,2020
  • NOA 1 Receipt Notice Received: January 13, 2020
  • Approved (Approval Notice was uploaded online) - October 23,2020
  • NVC Number was issued via E-mail - October 28,2020
  • Submitted Documents on CEAC - November 02,2020
  • Documentarily Qualified - January 27,2021

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

DId you see K-1 going to AP the next day? For some reason, our K-1 seem to take the longest. I guess they don't like us. I also guess that they have forgotten about the fact that without the fat fees we pay, none of them would have jobs.

Edited by Al422

Timeline

A few days is nothing to worry about yet, below is my horror show of a timeline of 8 weeks. I want to give you hope that delay is just delay, I believe you will get the visa soon (barring denial reasons, of course). Way sooner than I did, too :)

Interview Date : March 24

Ceac status Ready : March 26

Ceac status Ready : April 8

Ceac status Administrative Processing : April 21

Ceac status Ready : April 30

Ceac status Administrative Processing : May 9

Ceac status Issued : May 13

Visa on hand : May 16

Do you have a prior history with regards to US visas? I have a theory that it is only people with clean slates who have possibility of getting their visas 3 days after the interview. I was living in the US with my fiance and came back to Manila only to get visa stamped after H-1b renewal petition was approved. Big mistake! My H-1b renewal was denied in 2013, so imagine all the terrible thoughts in my head during these 8 weeks, that my K1 was going to be denied as well and our life is over. We had retained a lawyer for the K1 process so that we can do it perfectly. He said the H-1b denial will have no bearing on my K1, but I lost faith after the first AP. My H-1b record is now on eternal repose as AP on CEAC after the denial, I will give a million bucks to never see those words again.

My fiance resorted to calling the Manila embassy himself after a month of no progress, and me getting useless canned replies from embassy phone operators. Checking CEAC everyday stresses you out like hell!!!!! We didn't go to a senator or congressman for fear of getting my file pushed back down in the queue. He magically got to speak to a nice American officer/employee (not sure), who told him there were only 2 people working on all these visas, hence the extreme backlog. TWO! You would think that at $240 a pop they could afford to hire a couple more people for these, but that's just me. [Note: I am not suggesting for petitioners to call USEM and try to get an American on the phone, I don't even know how my guy did it, but he has a way about him. I do suggest just the calling USEM part, as they log all calls and these make your file more visible to someone.]

Good luck to everyone! I would say keep calm, keep distracted with work or other productive stuff, enjoy your family while still in Manila. This process is not for the faint of heart, luckily I have a great fiance who always told me to keep the faith, that no matter what happened (approved, denied, WW4, armageddon) we will be together. Our relationship was only made stronger by this challenge, as will yours.

AOS process timeline

June 20 - Married my soulmate (L)

June 24 - Sent AOS package via UPS

June 26 - Delivered to Chicago

July 1 - Text and email confirmation from USCIS, check cashed

July 7 - NOA1 letters

July 9 - Biometrics appointment letter for July 23

July 15 - Biometrics early walk-in at Varick Street, New York office

Aug 26 - EAD/AP approval! (60 days)

Sep 5 - Received EAD/AP combo card

June 27 - Received welcome letter and Permanent Resident card together :goofy:

Next up... Removal of conditions - 2017!

Currently being patient and enjoying married life :wub:

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

A few days is nothing to worry about yet, below is my horror show of a timeline of 8 weeks. I want to give you hope that delay is just delay, I believe you will get the visa soon (barring denial reasons, of course). Way sooner than I did, too :)

Interview Date : March 24

Ceac status Ready : March 26

Ceac status Ready : April 8

Ceac status Administrative Processing : April 21

Ceac status Ready : April 30

Ceac status Administrative Processing : May 9

Ceac status Issued : May 13

Visa on hand : May 16

Do you have a prior history with regards to US visas? I have a theory that it is only people with clean slates who have possibility of getting their visas 3 days after the interview. I was living in the US with my fiance and came back to Manila only to get visa stamped after H-1b renewal petition was approved. Big mistake! My H-1b renewal was denied in 2013, so imagine all the terrible thoughts in my head during these 8 weeks, that my K1 was going to be denied as well and our life is over. We had retained a lawyer for the K1 process so that we can do it perfectly. He said the H-1b denial will have no bearing on my K1, but I lost faith after the first AP. My H-1b record is now on eternal repose as AP on CEAC after the denial, I will give a million bucks to never see those words again.

My fiance resorted to calling the Manila embassy himself after a month of no progress, and me getting useless canned replies from embassy phone operators. Checking CEAC everyday stresses you out like hell!!!!! We didn't go to a senator or congressman for fear of getting my file pushed back down in the queue. He magically got to speak to a nice American officer/employee (not sure), who told him there were only 2 people working on all these visas, hence the extreme backlog. TWO! You would think that at $240 a pop they could afford to hire a couple more people for these, but that's just me. [Note: I am not suggesting for petitioners to call USEM and try to get an American on the phone, I don't even know how my guy did it, but he has a way about him. I do suggest just the calling USEM part, as they log all calls and these make your file more visible to someone.]

Good luck to everyone! I would say keep calm, keep distracted with work or other productive stuff, enjoy your family while still in Manila. This process is not for the faint of heart, luckily I have a great fiance who always told me to keep the faith, that no matter what happened (approved, denied, WW4, armageddon) we will be together. Our relationship was only made stronger by this challenge, as will yours.

Thanks for the encouragement. ☺️ It's my first time applying for a visa.

God has perfect timing; never early, never late. It takes a little patience and it takes a lot of faith but it's worth the wait. ❤️

I was on a K-1 Visa on 2014.

I-751 Timeline California Service Center:

• Sent Packet: July 03,2017
  • NOA 1 Receipt Date: July 05,2017
  • NOA 2 Receipt Date: July 14,2017
  • Biometrics: August 02, 2017
  • Case Received at My Local Office - No Mail Notice- Just Online Status: February 26,2018
  • I-551 Stamp: August 13, 2018
  • 18 Months Extension Letter Receipt Date: August 18,2018
  • 18 Months Extension Letter Received: August 25, 2018
  • New Card is being Produced: October 15, 2018
  • Case was Approved: October 16,2018
  • Card was Mailed to me: October 17,2018
  • Card was picked up by the USPS: October 18,2018
  • Card Received/on Hand: October 19,2018

N-400 Timeline Las Vegas Field Office:

• Online Application : January 03,2019
  • Biometrics Appointment Scheduled: January 04, 2019
  • Biometrics: January 25, 2019
  • Interview Scheduled: August 16,2019
  • Interview Day: September 23, 2019
  • Approved Application: September 23, 2019
  • Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled: October 10,2019
  • Naturalization Day: November 15,2019
  • Passport Applied: November 15,2019 (Regular Processing)
  • Passport Received: January 07, 2020

IR-5 Timeline California Service Center - MOTHER:

• I-30 Online Application - January 08, 2020
  • NOA 1 Receipt Notice Received - January 13,2020
  • Approved (Approval Notice was uploaded online) - May 18,2020
  • NVC Number was issued via E-mail - May 18,2020
  • Submitted Documents on CEAC - July 23,2020
  • Documentarily Qualified - September 29,2020

IR-5 Timeline California Service Center- FATHER

• I-30 Online Application : January 08,2020
  • NOA 1 Receipt Notice Received: January 13, 2020
  • Approved (Approval Notice was uploaded online) - October 23,2020
  • NVC Number was issued via E-mail - October 28,2020
  • Submitted Documents on CEAC - November 02,2020
  • Documentarily Qualified - January 27,2021

Timeline

TWO people? Are they for real? Do they take fiance visas seriously? Obviously not! There should be a minimum of 50 people doing these. And at $240 a pop and at least 100 visas a day, any sort of claim that they cannot afford 50 people is a ridiculous joke.

Timeline

Sorry Hank, but i am not laughing. I am very happy that you were planning on spending extended time in the Philippines during your wife's intervew. It did not matter to you how long it took because you and she were together in the Philippines anyway.

But I don't have that luxury. I am in New York, Candy is stuck in the Philippines, and today I am going to see my doctor because he thinks I need liver surgery to stop the cancer. I can't have it while the visa is pending because I will be called upon with only 4 days notice to drive to JFK Airport, pick Candy up, handle luggage ant take her home. I can't do that post op, and since I don't have the remotest hint as to when the Gods at Mount USEM will give these two mere mortals their visa, I can;t risk surgery now.

And I can't even tell my doctor how long to put it off for.

And if I have the surgery now, there will be NOBODY to take care of me at home. Not so when Candy is here.

She is ready to leave right now. I am ready to receive her right now. And the only thing stopping is is a bunch of bureaucrats who can't be bothered getting visas out the door at a reasonable speed. If I managed my company the way they managed their embassy, I would be oujt of a job in short order.

Can you understand now why most of us need these visas ASAP?

I am very happy you had the luxury of time that most of us don't have. I definitely don't have it, and right now USEM is jeopardizing my health because of their bureacratic indifference to the people they claim to be serving.

Can you understand why I am angry?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry to hear about the upcoming surgery.

Totally irrelevant that I spent two months in the Phils back when my wife was getting her visa, that was then this is now... and now the reality is everyone is waiting longer for the final processing and the visa to be issued. Rants and whining won't speed up a thing.

Needing Candy there to assist in taking care of you is actually a negative in the visa process and the embassy would look at your relationship as false based upon your "needs" so I would not broadcast that one too much. Your health issues, as sad as it is, are not a plus.

Do I understand why you are angry? Nope. I see you being impatient and prone to ranting when you don't get your way. ;)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Sorry Hank, but i am not laughing. I am very happy that you were planning on spending extended time in the Philippines during your wife's intervew. It did not matter to you how long it took because you and she were together in the Philippines anyway.

But I don't have that luxury. I am in New York, Candy is stuck in the Philippines, and today I am going to see my doctor because he thinks I need liver surgery to stop the cancer. I can't have it while the visa is pending because I will be called upon with only 4 days notice to drive to JFK Airport, pick Candy up, handle luggage ant take her home. I can't do that post op, and since I don't have the remotest hint as to when the Gods at Mount USEM will give these two mere mortals their visa, I can;t risk surgery now.

And I can't even tell my doctor how long to put it off for.

And if I have the surgery now, there will be NOBODY to take care of me at home. Not so when Candy is here.

She is ready to leave right now. I am ready to receive her right now. And the only thing stopping is is a bunch of bureaucrats who can't be bothered getting visas out the door at a reasonable speed. If I managed my company the way they managed their embassy, I would be oujt of a job in short order.

Can you understand now why most of us need these visas ASAP?

I am very happy you had the luxury of time that most of us don't have. I definitely don't have it, and right now USEM is jeopardizing my health because of their bureacratic indifference to the people they claim to be serving.

Can you understand why I am angry?

I am sorry to hear that. Do they know your condition? They might be able to expedite Candy's visa for medical and humanitarian reasons. Hope everything turns out well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.