• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sorry bgreed, I can't answer your question for you. Look up and ask the user: Liviv_lovers. They married and are in the home stretch for their case.

Now a question for everyone else. We have our Embassy case number, but the petition was still sitting at NVC as of last Friday. I am going to call them again on this Friday to see if it has been sent (we hope so, it's been there since the 22nd of August). Since we have the case number is it permitted to go forward with the Medical soon? I sent the Embassy an email asking this and they sent one of their canned responses to me just saying they do not have the petition yet, and will send my fiancee the information packet once they have it. They completely ignored the question of can we do this now or do we have to wait. I see that the medical is good for one year, but obviously, we don not expect the process to take that long.

Any thoughts?

IR-5

11/01/2011: I-130 Submitted

11/04/2012: I-130 NOA1

04/19/2012: I-130 NOA2

05/04/2012: NVC Received

05/27/2012: Received I-864/DS 3032 Package

05/28/2012: Pay I-864 Bill

05/29/2012: Submit DS 3032/I-864

06/05/2012: Receive IV Bill online

06/05/2012: IV Bill Paid

06/06/2012: Payment Accepted

06/07/2012: IV Packet Mailed (Additional documents sent next day on 06/08/2012)

08/28/2012: Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Now a question for everyone else. We have our Embassy case number, but the petition was still sitting at NVC as of last Friday. I am going to call them again on this Friday to see if it has been sent (we hope so, it's been there since the 22nd of August). Since we have the case number is it permitted to go forward with the Medical soon?

E,

I have told you thousands of times... Why don't you listen to me... :crying:

The medical can be done in a matter of days and and since Lena is in Kiev she can do it at anytime, but the KEV # is all that is required by the clinic to do the medical.. by all means, have Lena call the clinic and schedule if she so desires.

YMMV

Timeline
Now a question for everyone else. We have our Embassy case number, but the petition was still sitting at NVC as of last Friday. I am going to call them again on this Friday to see if it has been sent (we hope so, it's been there since the 22nd of August). Since we have the case number is it permitted to go forward with the Medical soon?

E,

I have told you thousands of times... Why don't you listen to me... :crying:

The medical can be done in a matter of days and and since Lena is in Kiev she can do it at anytime, but the KEV # is all that is required by the clinic to do the medical.. by all means, have Lena call the clinic and schedule if she so desires.

Ok, ok, I got it that time. Sorry.

E.

IR-5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello VJ surfers,

I am pretty new to this site but I find it very informative.

If I get my US spouse visa (we filed for CR-1). how much time should pass before I can travell back to Ukraine to see my family? I am far from getting my visa but I am already thinking about that... funny

P.S. I just got my KEV # assigned with NVC.

Edited by Mariya
44_34_44DB9040_LMLyPLhLuLbLbLyPLiLsPLmLaLkLiLnLgPLmLePLhLaLpLpLyPLfLoLr_3.gif

Timeline

Another question. Me and my hubby Daniel had our baby born here in Ukraine. The US embassy issued our baby a US passport. If\When I am issued visa will I have any difficulties taking baby (who is US citizen though born In Ukraine) out of the country when flying to Us without his father.

Yeahh, I gotta fly alone to Us with the baby.

44_34_44DB9040_LMLyPLhLuLbLbLyPLiLsPLmLaLkLiLnLgPLmLePLhLaLpLpLyPLfLoLr_3.gif

Timeline
Another question. Me and my hubby Daniel had our baby born here in Ukraine. The US embassy issued our baby a US passport. If\When I am issued visa will I have any difficulties taking baby (who is US citizen though born In Ukraine) out of the country when flying to Us without his father.

Yeahh, I gotta fly alone to Us with the baby.

My guess would be no because the baby is departing on a US Passport (with intention to travel to the US) and not a Ukrainian Passport.. but to be safe, I would have a written notarized statement from Daniel acknowledging that you have his full permission to take the baby with you on your travels...... You may not need it but be safe.....

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Glad it was a non event for both of you.

Welcome to America, now go have some fun!

Regards,

T.

Thanks T. It was certainly nothing that I heard what it was going to be. Wish they were all so easy.

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Timeline
Hello VJ surfers,

I am pretty new to this site but I find it very informative.

If I get my US spouse visa (we filed for CR-1). how much time should pass before I can travell back to Ukraine to see my family? I am far from getting my visa but I am already thinking about that... funny

P.S. I just got my KEV # assigned with NVC.

As far as I am aware on a CR-1 (which turns into a conditional greencard upon entry) there are no travel restrictions per se other than not accumulating too much time out of the country....

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Etripke,

No need to wait for embassy to send info packet---have your girl download it from embassy site. I had my lady do this as soon as we learned KEV# , so we had everything ready and assembled when they finally scheduled her interview. Medical and other documents are good for a year----be sure to tell her to get a copy of her medical exam for YOUR records. Our illustrious DHS cretins lost Nataly's exam somewhere between JFK and our AOS application. She had to go to a CS here for a complete new medical exam. Interview in Kiev was VERY easy---they only asked her one question.

Timeline
Etripke,

No need to wait for embassy to send info packet---have your girl download it from embassy site. I had my lady do this as soon as we learned KEV# , so we had everything ready and assembled when they finally scheduled her interview. Medical and other documents are good for a year----be sure to tell her to get a copy of her medical exam for YOUR records. Our illustrious DHS cretins lost Nataly's exam somewhere between JFK and our AOS application. She had to go to a CS here for a complete new medical exam. Interview in Kiev was VERY easy---they only asked her one question.

Hello,

I have a question could you give me the link from where I could download the info paket to start to get ready and my second question for how long is police certificate is valid?

Thanks

Natasha

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Ukraine

Marriage : 2006-11-02

I-130 Sent : 2006-12-11

2008-05-16 CR-1 visa issued

2008-05-20 recieved visa

2008-05-31 I arrived at JFK (took me 1hour and a half to be out of the airport with a stamp in my passport)

10 year GC

2010-03-06 I-751 sent

2010-03-09 NOA-1

2010-03-10 check cashed

2010-4-12 Bio (done early 3-29)

2010-6-3 card production ordered

2010-6-19 10 year GC recieved

N-400

2011-3-28 application sent via express mail to LEWISVILLE TX SC

2011-3-29 application recieved

2011-4-20 early BIO

2011-6-16 interview

2011-7-29 Oath

Timeline
Hello,

I have a question could you give me the link from where I could download the info paket to start to get ready and my second question for how long is police certificate is valid?

Thanks

Natasha

http://kiev.usembassy.gov/visa_K1K2_eng.html#top

police certificates are valid for up to one year

YMMV

Timeline

Wrong link.. previous link was for K1/2

This link is for IR1

http://kiev.usembassy.gov/visa_iv_forms_eng.html

YMMV

Timeline
Etripke,

We've done that thanks :) Everything is ready for her, all organized in binder, just need to send updated financials and schedule medical. Just out of curiosity, why did it take so long for your fiancee's interview?

Thanks.

IR-5

Timeline

I called NVC this morning. Today is Day 17 since NVC received our petition, and guess what...the damn thing is still there. I did have a nice CSR who did say that the processing is complete, we are not stuck in name checks, and that it is in the mailroom awaiting dipatch to the Embassy. She also said that it can take 4 weeks to be sent out. That sounds freak'n crazy to me, I haven't found a single timeline for a Ukrainian K-1 taking that long at NVC when it is finished with processing. I did ask if they are sent in batches, and she told me that they do not send individual cases to the Embassy. Why do they even bother sending a letter saying it will be sent out within a week?

So, I guess we wait until next Wednesday and I'll call at the 3 week mark and see if it has been sent. At this rate I guess I can expect them to send it by ocean liner, camel and horse to Kyiv and add about an additional month of transit time.

IR-5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.