1,074 posts in this topic

Does it normally take a long time to get packet 3? The embassy received the file 2 weeks ago, and still no packet 3. Fiance called them yesterday, and they just said it isn't ready yet. It isn't like they are incredibly busy, they don't even have to look it up by number, just hear his name and say, "oh, no, it is still in progress."

event.png

event.png
3-18-2014 - Mailed I-129F
3-24-2014 - NOA1 (email)
9-2-2014 - NOA2 (email)
9-16-2014 - NVC Received
9-17-21014 - NVC Case #
9-19-2014 - Belize Embassy Received electronically
10-15-2014 - Notice that Packet 3 was ready.
10-17-2014 - Fiance picked up both Packet 3 and Packet 4
11-11-2014 - Interview!! **Embassy cancelled because they remembered it was Veteran's day :wacko:
11-18-2014 - Interview!!!

Does it normally take a long time to get packet 3? The embassy received the file 2 weeks ago, and still no packet 3. Fiance called them yesterday, and they just said it isn't ready yet. It isn't like they are incredibly busy, they don't even have to look it up by number, just hear his name and say, "oh, no, it is still in progress."

Perhaps if you posted in the Belize portal.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had my interview this morning :) I woke up at 5am because I couldn't sleep, I was that nervous. The whole process was pretty easy; a lot of waiting, but the interview itself lasted about 3 minutes only. I was like, don't you want to keep my photocopies? Don't you want to see my pictures? He said no, we have everything we need. I was surprised by that as every guide says to take photocopies of your docs. Maybe they scan them these days?? Anyway, I was a little over prepared but that's ok. I am so happy to say I have been approved!! I know this is only the start of a long journey but after more than 7 months of waiting, I am so glad this part is nearly over.

Thanks for being my buddies these last few months, you've helped me more than you know. Even though I don't post everyday, I do read this thread everyday and will continue to do so until everyone has NOA2 and beyond.

Good luck to you all, especially those still waiting for NOA2! We'll be with our loved ones soooon!

Edited by Fishandchips78

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

I had my interview this morning :) I woke up at 5am because I couldn't sleep, I was that nervous. The whole process was pretty easy; a lot of waiting, but the interview itself lasted about 3 minutes only. I was like, don't you want to keep my photocopies? Don't you want to see my pictures? He said no, we have everything we need. I was surprised by that as every guide says to take photocopies of your docs. Maybe they scan them these days?? Anyway, I was a little over prepared but that's ok. I am so happy to say I have been approved!! I know this is only the start of a long journey but after more than 7 months of waiting, I am so glad this part is nearly over.

Thanks for being my buddies these last few months, you've helped me more than you know. Even though I don't post everyday, I do read this thread everyday and will continue to do so until everyone has NOA2 and beyond.

Good luck to you all, especially those still waiting for NOA2! We'll be with our loved ones soooon!

Congrats!

Yaaaaay!!!!! Congratulations ^_^

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-09

(Sent to NVC: 2014-09-15)

NVC Received : 2014-09-22

NVC Left :2014-09-26

Medical : 2014-09-29

Consulate Received : 2014-09-29

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-06

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2014-10-23

Interview Date : 2014-11-07

Interview Result : APPROVED!!

AP : 2014-11-12 (2 hours)

Issued: 2014- 11- 12

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

That's so exciting, congratulations!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

That's fantastic...congrats!!

I remember when we all started this back in March and were all talking about how long the process would take, etc. which seems so long ago. Now we are seeing interviews and approvals and, very soon, POE reports will start coming through. How time flies. Really excited for you and all the others who are getting close to coming to their new home. :)

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Congratulations!

Congrats!

event.png

event.png
3-18-2014 - Mailed I-129F
3-24-2014 - NOA1 (email)
9-2-2014 - NOA2 (email)
9-16-2014 - NVC Received
9-17-21014 - NVC Case #
9-19-2014 - Belize Embassy Received electronically
10-15-2014 - Notice that Packet 3 was ready.
10-17-2014 - Fiance picked up both Packet 3 and Packet 4
11-11-2014 - Interview!! **Embassy cancelled because they remembered it was Veteran's day :wacko:
11-18-2014 - Interview!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Such good news, Congrats!!!!! Our interview is Monday, even though i won't be in the interview I am still so nervous and excited, i cant imagine how my fiance feels lol!

3/17/2014 I-129f Sent
3/20/2014 Received at Texas lockbox
3/24/2014 NOA 1
8/18/2014 Expedite requested via phone call to USCIS Tier 2 customer service representative
8/22/2014 E-mail received requested evidence for expedite
8/22/2014 Scanned and E-mailed evidence needed
8/25/2014 Text Received, NOA2 approved
8/29/2014 NOA2 Hard copy in the mail.
8/29/2014 Case shipped to NVC

9/9/2014 Received by NVC

9/11/2014 Case Number assigned by NVC

9/12/2014 Left NVC

9/17/2014 Arrived in London

9/22/2014 Medical

9/25/2014 Medical results received at the Embassy

10/6/2014 Interview!!! - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

10/10/2014 CEAC status changed to ISSUED

10/16/2014 Visa in hand!!!

10/17/2014 POE Boston!

12/7/2014 Marriage!!!!

AOS

12/23/2014 Filed paperwork

12/30/2014 NOA 1

1/22/2015 Bio Appointment

2/10/2015 RFE (needed more proof of income for i-864a)

2/12/2015 Replied to RFE

2/18/2015 Reply to RFE received.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

That's fantastic...congrats!!

I remember when we all started this back in March and were all talking about how long the process would take, etc. which seems so long ago. Now we are seeing interviews and approvals and, very soon, POE reports will start coming through. How time flies. Really excited for you and all the others who are getting close to coming to their new home. :)

Maybe you can try filing a service request now that it's been just about 6 months and 30 days? I don't know if it made a difference, but we got our NOA2 about 3 weeks after filing the service request, and I've seen instances on here where people received approvals really quickly after filing a request. I know you've already contacted your senator, so maybe they're on it, but it's just a thought! It is so frustrating that they just keep us in the dark.

Timeline

Maybe you can try filing a service request now that it's been just about 6 months and 30 days? I don't know if it made a difference, but we got our NOA2 about 3 weeks after filing the service request, and I've seen instances on here where people received approvals really quickly after filing a request. I know you've already contacted your senator, so maybe they're on it, but it's just a thought! It is so frustrating that they just keep us in the dark.

I will try to open one again on Monday (over 7 months) and also ask my congressional rep to follow up again even though she said 30 days (which is too long IMO). TSC would not let me open one at 6.5 months (which is also absurd) so I will call and talk to as many as I need to in order to get one filed so I can get my timeout RFE :). I was hoping for a September approval and now I am hoping for a pre-Christmas arrival but even that is beginning to look doubtful. I am almost regretting doing this as it would have taken almost as long to do the K-3 and I would have seen her again by now. This is really really getting depressing

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

event.png

Timeline

I will try to open one again on Monday (over 7 months) and also ask my congressional rep to follow up again even though she said 30 days (which is too long IMO). TSC would not let me open one at 6.5 months (which is also absurd) so I will call and talk to as many as I need to in order to get one filed so I can get my timeout RFE :). I was hoping for a September approval and now I am hoping for a pre-Christmas arrival but even that is beginning to look doubtful. I am almost regretting doing this as it would have taken almost as long to do the K-3 and I would have seen her again by now. This is really really getting depressing

What worked for me was the ombudsman. I contacted 2 senators and congresswoman and it didn't do a thing.

Timeline

What worked for me was the ombudsman. I contacted 2 senators and congresswoman and it didn't do a thing

I thought you had to have opened a service request prior to contacting the ombudsman? If not, then yeah, I will also do that. Monday will be a busy day for me.

event.png

Timeline

I thought you had to have opened a service request prior to contacting the ombudsman? If not, then yeah, I will also do that. Monday will be a busy day for me.

No, I requested an expedite that was denied. I called the ombudsman and a few hours later the status had changed. I received an RFE, but better than waiting endlessly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.