yete

I-797, notice of approval extention.

4 posts in this topic

Hi All, our I-797 approval notice is valid from 04/01/2014 to 07/31/2014. My fiancee's medical is taking time and I do not think we will be able to get all our results by 07/31. How can we request to have this extended by a month or two?

I've already emailed NVC, but I'm yet to hear back.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Firstly, I have no idea which country you are from so it could vary depending on where you are.

Secondly, I had a similar issue but was out of the country for the first half of my I-797 (NOA2). I tried to email my Consulate to get an extension approved, to which they responded. SO, what you need to do is draft up a letter from the US Petitioner stating that you realise the notice will expire and would like to request an extension. You need to state that you are both still legally free to marry and love each other etc. This letter needs to be signed and dated. It can then be emailed to the Beneficiary who can then forward it to the Consulate/NVC which is handling your case. Remember to include your case number when contacting the consulate.

If you are unsure what the letter should look like, this is how mine looked like, roughly:

> Consulate Address <

> Date <

RE: I-797 Notice of Action - Approval Validity Date Extension

Case Number: XXXXXXX

Dear Sir or Madam,

It is my understanding that pursuant to 9FAM 41.81 N3.1 (Period of validity), the consulate can extend the I-797 approval notice for another 4 months, if my fiancé/e and I remain legally free to marry and continue to plan to marry after I enter the United States.

Therefore, please be aware:

• I and my fiancé/e continue to be legally single and free to marry.
  • I and my fiancé/e love each other and plan to marry after my entrance in to the United States.
  • If the I-797 approval notice has expired by the time of my interview, I sincerely request that you extend the approval notice (copy attached) so that my fiancé/e may receive the K-1 visa.

Many thanks, and kind regards,

Sincerely,

> XXXXXXXXXXX (Petitioner's Name) <

> Signature of Petitioner <

> Date <

You will need to change the parts in red to suit your case as to if your fiance/e is male or female. Etc.

252682in41fsxg03.gif018_zpsa5a9e9c6.gif

VJsig_zps1efa13bd.png

event.png

Thanks Rinni. My fiancee is in India. How many extra days did they give you? Was it easily taken care of? We're seeking at least a month or more. My fiancee has to take a sputum test, and that takes two months, which eats up the whole time.

Any one else with the same situation?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OP: :time: It helps everyone that uses the forum. Additionally, it enables other forum members to quickly formulate responses based upon your particular immigration situation.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.