Marry American

Ownership

47 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
My fiance and me. Or my fiance and I . . .

That is how I will refer to him. Maybe even my man. But for sure, I will not say my Moroccan. To me the signals a sense of ownersip. How can one this day and age own another human being? I have been reading several messages and though not commenting, I have enjoyed them all. You guys seem to have some real online friendships going on.

My moroccan is just like saying my chinese girl, my Jamaican, my Russian, My African, my American. Is it just me or do these terms not sound right to others?

For all of you guys (white women), would it be safe to assume then that if you were married to someone of the same race (white man) you would refer to him as my white man, my Caucasian, my Anglo saxon? Respectfully.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends refer to C. jokingly as the 'the Canuck' or 'your lumberjack', and I sometimes tell him he's my big Canadian bear, but I don't think I'd say 'my Canadian and I.'

I'd feel like I was saying 'my iPod', or 'this toaster oven is returnable on Amazon.'

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I had a wonderful time with my fiancé. He spoils me. I do not have to lift a finger for a change. It is so much fun just being catered too. I will want him to cook and clean for me here all the time. I do not think It will happen, lol. Thanks for asking.

I am glad to hear that and wish you a speedy processing. Also I hope that you will have him by your side very soon - you guys make such a lovely couple...Best of luck.

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline
I suspect that if the Moroccan was going around referring to his fiance/wife as "My American" there would be those that would think that is not very different than saying "My Green Card".

:lol: ain't that the truth.

Timeline
I had a wonderful time with my fiancé. He spoils me. I do not have to lift a finger for a change. It is so much fun just being catered too. I will want him to cook and clean for me here all the time. I do not think It will happen, lol. Thanks for asking.

I am glad to hear that and wish you a speedy processing. Also I hope that you will have him by your side very soon - you guys make such a lovely couple...Best of luck.

Dorothy

You are very kind, thank you.

I suspect that if the Moroccan was going around referring to his fiance/wife as "My American" there would be those that would think that is not very different than saying "My Green Card".

yes I agree :thumbs::thumbs:

That is how I will refer to him. Maybe even my man. But for sure, I will not say my Moroccan. To me the signals a sense of ownersip. How can one this day and age own another human being? I have been reading several messages and though not commenting, I have enjoyed them all. You guys seem to have some real online friendships going on.

My moroccan is just like saying my chinese girl, my Jamaican, my Russian, My African, my American. Is it just me or do these terms not sound right to others?

For all of you guys (white women), would it be safe to assume then that if you were married to someone of the same race (white man) you would refer to him as my white man, my Caucasian, my Anglo saxon? Respectfully.

I don't see how this compares. No one is referring to their spouse from Morocco as "my brown man" or "my caramel-colored man". They are referring to their country of origin, not their skin color. Using whites and Anglo Saxon interchangably is like saying all brown people are from India. I know many Moroccans who consider themselves white and identify this way on applications, etc.

Filed: Other Timeline

This comparison makes no sense. "My Moroccan" refers to his country, not his color.

Many cultures have plenty of pet names for each other. Where I live, there are a huge number of hispanic/caucasian relationships and it's common for a caucasian girl who is with an hispanic guy to be called "my guera" (slang for white girl in Spanish) as a pet name. They also use "gorda/gordo" a lot which translates to fatty, which I'm sure many of us would object to in English, but is a pet name in Spanish.

Also, my moroccan calls himself white (how the french & moroccan word translates into English), but he's certainly not Anglo Saxon. Europeans don't have the line on light skin.

Edited by peezey

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well... since I'm the person you are referring to I suppose I should respond.

First of all, I think you should stop taking yourself so seriously. :) I would say its somewhat of a term of endearment. By NO WAY would I ever say or think I OWN someone. Thats a ridiculous thing to say. But then again you don't know me. But I somehow think most people wouldn't feel they OWN someone.....hmmmm...

How about when you call someone " your baby", "your sweetie", "your lover". Do you own them? And if "my moroccan" called me "my american" I would think it was funny... not offensive. :blink:

Unless your post really was a joke and I completely missed it? I almost find it hard to believe you sat here and thought about this and felt the need to make a post because you took it so seriously. haha!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

First of all, I think you should stop taking yourself so seriously. :) I would say its somewhat of a term of endearment. By NO WAY would I ever say or think I OWN someone. Thats a ridiculous thing to say. But then again you don't know me. But I somehow think most people wouldn't feel they OWN someone.....hmmmm...

How about when you call someone " your baby", "your sweetie", "your lover". Do you own them? And if "my moroccan" called me "my american" I would think it was funny... not offensive. :blink:

Unless your post really was a joke and I completely missed it? I almost find it hard to believe you sat here and thought about this and felt the need to make a post because you took it so seriously. haha!

I just took your thread title to mean I have questions about my moroccan as opposed to your moroccan. :lol:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

Since I am allowed to post anything I want to, I did. Who are you to question my post. No it was not a joke. I do not find it as a term of endearment. Baby, Sweetie, Honey are terms of endearment. Grow up!

Filed: Other Timeline

Since I am allowed to post anything I want to, I did. Who are you to question my post. No it was not a joke. I do not find it as a term of endearment. Baby, Sweetie, Honey are terms of endearment. Grow up!

Calling a grown man "baby" is grown up? I find that rather infantilismic and a bit sick, and veering on the ownership side far more than calling him "my moroccan" when that's what he likes to be called.

I just took your thread title to mean I have questions about my moroccan as opposed to your moroccan. :lol:

That's what I thought, too!

Edited by peezey

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband calls me his private property. And tells me that he owns me. I don't mind it. I actually like it. When is mother was here she told me to take care of my moroccan man. As I see it, he does it out of a sign of affection. My best friend and I have always called our boyfriends who have been from Morocco, "Our Moroccan Men." It's like when I was in high school and I dated a guy who lived out on a farm and participated in Rodeos I called him "My Cowboy." There's nothing wrong with sayign that. It's like saying "My Friend" and I am sure when you say "my friend" you are not saying you own your friend. You get what I'm saying?

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

:lol:

Gozee calls me "mraty" or by my name . . . . his friends ask about his "American wife" . I haven't called him "My Egyptian" because I haven't thought of that before (maybe I'll try that one out on him today) . . . . but he doesn't like the typical nicknames for his Arabic name either. I've suggested that he might want to be "Max" when he gets here . . . he rather likes that one, hehe!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.