aruadha

Feb filer here who contacted my Senator....

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

If you are standing in a long line waiting to buy a ticket and you go up to the person selling the tickets to ask them how much longer the wait is going to be don't you think it will slow the process down? Now what if 100 people went up to the ticket seller to ask how longer they are going to have to wait in line. The ticket seller is going to be so busy answering your questions they won't be able to sell tickets. Thus the wait has just become much longer.

Or more of a daily example. You are waiting for your food at a fast food restaurant. Someone walks up to the cashier and starts asking for all sorts of special things. Can I get creamer? And can I get some ketchup? How about some hot fries? Now I need extra dressing. I need a to go box. You get the idea. And what happens to your food while this special person is being dealt with? Your food is sitting there waiting for the cashier to get to it to give to you.

USCIS is required to answer every Congressional inquiry within a set number of days. So the person has to stop adjudicating the cases to write a letter/send an email/make a phone call. Now imagine if they had to respond to 20 Congressional inquired daily...when would they have time to adjudicate cases?

Contacting your representative to discuss an issue with a government agency is your duty as a citizen. But making an inquiry into your personal case when it is within processing times is not.

BTW I did contact my congressperson in regards to my case AFTER it had been in AP for six months. I didn't ask them to check on it a week after it went into AP as that would have been useless.

Edited by belinda63

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

If you are standing in a long line waiting to buy a ticket and you go up to the person selling the tickets to ask them how much longer the wait is going to be don't you think it will slow the process down? Now what if 100 people went up to the ticket seller to ask how longer they are going to have to wait in line. The ticket seller is going to be so busy answering your questions they won't be able to sell tickets. Thus the wait has just become much longer.

USCIS is required to answer every Congressional inquiry within a set number of days. So the person has to stop adjudicating the cases to write a letter/send an email/make a phone call. Now imagine if they had to respond to 20 Congressional inquired daily...when would they have time to adjudicate cases?

Contacting your representative to discuss an issue with a government agency is your duty as a citizen. But making an inquiry into your personal case when it is within processing times is not.

BTW I did contact my congressperson in regards to my case AFTER it had been in AP for six months. I didn't ask them to check on it a week after it went into AP as that would have been useless.

Agreed on the airline situation...however in that case the free market (or whats left of it these days) takes care of the airline and income (people go to other airlines). However in our case this is a monopoly and enough said on that score.

However you are right about contacting them before 5 months is up is wasting time. You are right about the case status and Congressional Responses

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

I heard that a different department deals with congressional inquiries and not the actual agents who work on our cases.

01/14/14 I -129F Petition sent
01/17/14 Petition received
01/22/14 NOA1 - TSC
06/23/14 Service Request created after congressional inquiry
07/03/14 Email from USCIS - our case is on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/04/14 No update from USCIS. Filed a case with CIS Ombudsman
08/05/14 Senators/Congresswoman cannot help with my case because security checks are pending
08/05/14 Another Service Request created by Tier 2 since no response from TSC.
08/18/14 Email from USCIS in response to second service request - still on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/21/14 NOA2 (finally after 7 months)

08/25/14 Email from USCIS - approved case shipped to NVC on 8/22/14

09/02/14 Case received by NVC

09/04/14 Case # assigned by NVC

09/05/14 In transit to the Embassy

09/09/14 Case received by Tbilisi Embassy - ready for interview

09/17/14 Interview!!! - APPROVED!!!!
09/24/14 POE :D

10/31/14 Married :devil:

11/05/14 Filed for Adjustment of Status

11/13/14 NOA1

12/04/14 Biometrics

01/21/15 AP/EAD approved

01/26/15 Card mailed

01/29/15 Combo card arrived in the mail

02/25/15 Notice of Potential Interview Waiver received in the mail

07/09/15 Green Card approved on USCIS site

07/13/15 Notice received in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Interesting analogy but the people answering questions on the phone and responding to congressional inquiries are not the same ones processing the applications. If one is pulled, it would probably be by the T2 or other rep that goes to the desk of the adjudicator and grabs it from under the 8 foot stack personally after checking who has it in the computer. Not much of a delay really...and that is assuming they are even at their desk in the first place. :)

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Interesting analogy but the people answering questions on the phone and responding to congressional inquiries are not the same ones processing the applications. If one is pulled, it would probably be by the T2 or other rep that goes to the desk of the adjudicator and grabs it from under the 8 foot stack personally after checking who has it in the computer. Not much of a delay really...and that is assuming they are even at their desk in the first place. :)

I don't know what thread that was on, but someone said they maybe having a bake sale and are like 'the heck' with these winey K1 filers.....would love to be having coffee and cake with them..I sure they have stories....like we do.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.