vladek15425

August visa bulletin 2014 in cluding september the final !

92 posts in this topic

In the beginning of 2014 we also had 125 k winners.. How do you explain that? Is there any chance that we have in 2015 also 140 k winners latter?

Why they publish 140k for dv 2014, and why they didn't change 125k in notification letter... :unsure:

In 2014 they changed the announced number to 140k when they published the announcement in the visa bulletin. They have already made the same announcement for DV2015, here: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin/2014/visa-bulletin-for-june-2014.html and it is still 125k (or 125.5k if you what to be pedantic).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

In the beginning of 2014 we also had 125 k winners.. How do you explain that? Is there any chance that we have in 2015 also 140 k winners latter?

Why they publish 140k for dv 2014, and why they didn't change 125k in notification letter... :unsure:

Some of us believe that in dv13 they stayed with visas left of the nacara perhaps and that why in dv14 they took extra !

Other believe that is because of 2012dv software ! Big story !

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Vladek, you are answering a different question.... I think he was asking why in DV2014 they originally said 125K and then said 140K. Other years that change has not happened. (not asking why 140)

I don't think that (suddenly announcing 15K more) is anything to do with Nacara or software, why suddenly in a week do you find 15k more winners?

I don't think any of us has ever been able to explain this.

Timeline

Vladek, you are answering a different question.... I think he was asking why in DV2014 they originally said 125K and then said 140K. Other years that change has not happened. (not asking why 140)

I don't think that (suddenly announcing 15K more) is anything to do with Nacara or software, why suddenly in a week do you find 15k more winners?

I don't think any of us has ever been able to explain this.

Oohhh okay ! Indeed I didn't catch it !

Timeline

Thank you for your answers :-)

I didn't ask, but i am curious to why so much of us was picked.. why suddenly 140k.. my cn is so high eu 469xx.. and i am worried because of that.. :-(

My friend they have always selected extra selectees ! More than double of what they need, because as you can read on the instructions more than 50k are not going to follow their applications ....

Always bear in mind its a lottery!

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

Nobody has the answer for this question

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys,

Need some understanding as I don't know much about the US DV Lottery, I'm Canadian my wife just won DV2015 CN is AF92xx I have couple questions about the DV process:

1- sending the application ds260 sooner make any difference in the process timeline?

2- with that number when do you think we should expect an interview?

3- just wondering if the supporting documents can be in French since the interview will take place in Montreal according the the section below from the US DV website:

Translation Requirements

All documents not in English, "or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made", must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that

Thanks,

Hi guys,

Need some understanding as I don't know much about the US DV Lottery, I'm Canadian my wife just won DV2015 CN is AF92xx I have couple questions about the DV process:

1- sending the application ds260 sooner make any difference in the process timeline?

2- with that number when do you think we should expect an interview?

3- just wondering if the supporting documents can be in French since the interview will take place in Montreal according the the section below from the US DV website:

Translation Requirements

All documents not in English, "or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made", must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that

Thanks,

1 no it makes no difference apart from the obvious fact that they cannot schedule your interview until you submit the forms (and the process that).

2 . Low number. October or November.

3. English or French is fie for Montreal.

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks I appreciate the reply and the answers, so having the documents in French and not being translated is fine from your point of view, do the husband (accompany) have to provide the documents for diploma, work experience documents proof, as the applicant is the one is required person to provide that as a selection criteria? Your help is much appreciated.

Edited by Jarodca

Thanks I appreciate the reply and the answers, so having the documents in French and not being translated is fine from your point of view, do the husband (accompany) have to provide the documents for diploma, work experience documents proof, as the applicant is the one is required person to provide that as a selection criteria? Your help is much appreciated.

Only the principal applicant needs to show proof of education (and education OR work experience is fine - don't have to prove both).

If your husband is highly qualified and the main earner, then it doesn't hurt to have his info too as it helps show how you will support yourselves once in the USA.

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.