• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I'll answer my own question:

I miss D the most

everybody now!: awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :cry:

Lisa...I feel the same way! Well, not about D!!! But rather about G. He went back o the UK on 10 Feb and it really stinks! I will be so glad when I can have my favorite UK import with me forever....sigh....though it won't be soon enough :cry:

I miss some of the clothes shops,certain foods and Eastenders

I miss exactly the same things.....I log into the BBC website every week and you can get 2 min clips of all the eastenders episodes you have missed. It helps me keep up - Im really sad arent I :(

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Mags, I LOVE Dr. Who too...Craig has em all on DVD (the very last season)...I wonder if he could burn you a copy...hmmmmm. :) I'll ask him... :) M.

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: Timeline
I miss some of the clothes shops,certain foods and Eastenders

I miss exactly the same things.....I log into the BBC website every week and you can get 2 min clips of all the eastenders episodes you have missed. It helps me keep up - Im really sad arent I :(

I don't miss Sharon's black effing jacket, I'll tell you what!

I think she wore it for a year straight.

OK now I am lost...not enough time in the

UK :D

char on Easties ;)

seriously, i think it was even more than a year.

that $#$@%#^@^ effing jacket, I loathed it after time. it mocked us all.

but oh Easties, how I miss the sh!t program you are! Pat with your earrings, and Mo with your farmer giles. and charlie with the one expression face-eye squint. You thought you looked angry, I thought you looked constipated.

good times, good times

Edited by LisaD

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

M & S lacy boyshorts, Monsoon, Innocent smoothies, my parents

April A friend told me that she thought my ideal man lived in Wyoming or Montana.

May 17 Did search on match.com. Found no-one in Wyoming. Only wrote to one person in Montana...his name was John. He replied two hours later.

Jun 26 Flew to Missoula to meet him & a weekend trip turned into a five week visit...

Many trips between US, Canada & Europe.

March 31 During a meeting in Vancouver, John proposed & I said YES!!!

Jun 2 Finally sent off our I-129F & a few days later we received NOA1. I am now officially an alien bride-to-be.

Aug 22 Email notification of NOA2.

Sep 12 Received letter to say application would be forwarded to US Embassy.

Nov 23 Returned packet 3 to Embassy

Nov 30 Medical

Jan 5 Got interview date

Feb 1 Interview. APPROVED!

Feb 2 Visa delivered.

Feb 7 Flight to Seattle.

Feb 8 Finally back home in Missoula, MT. I'm happy, John's happy & the cats are ecstatic - together again!

Apr 22 Wedding Day!

May 6 Sent AOS application

May 7 Honeymoon

May 23 NOA date for AOS, EAD & AP

Jun 12 Biometrics

Jun 15 RFE for AOS mailed

Jun 20 RFE received

Aug 16 RFE reply sent

Aug 31 AP approved!

Sep 5 EAD approved

Sep 8 AP received

Nov 13 Interview letter

Dec 14 Interview. Success!

Dec 26 Got green card!

Oct 08 I-751 to remove conditions sent to CSC

Oct 14 NOA

Nov 21 Biometrics

Jan 7 Approval notice

Jan 12 Received greencard

Hiyas...UK misser people you.

I am in the UK until a week from Sunday and if there is something I can reasonably bring back in my case I will. I don't mind.

Candy or something...a sauce?? I am serious I don't mind.

I know what it is like to miss.

Things are good here...Been watching a bit of the shows.

Last night we were in London and went to a show. It was awesome...but the fight that broke out in the takeaway wasn't all that great! Stupid effing kids. What are they all so angry about?! Haa

Today we are off to Whitby and then up towards Scotland. For several days. But I will be back on Thursday to take requests...

I can't bring back your darlings okay. I am sorry, but I just can't! :no::hehe:

Edited by ajames79

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
but oh Easties, how I miss the sh!t program you are! Pat with your earrings, and Mo with your farmer giles. and charlie with the one expression face-eye squint. You thought you looked angry, I thought you looked constipated.

Hey there fact fans...I've got one for ya. The woman who plays the older Mo (not the whiny Little Mo) is Gary Oldman's sister.

Thankyou, thankyou very much! :lol:

Edited by mags

I don't miss the telly cos I get all the UK programmes I like from certain sites :whistle: You'll have to message me for the sites cos I'm not allowed to post them in public.

Food is not missed anymore. We have a fantastic Indian place right in town (we're talking as good as Chutney Mary's - I'm so lucky!)...better than the usual ####### Indian food I had in the UK. Plus I can nip up to Canada to get a decent chocolate fix or a wonderful French dinner.

I still miss a good pub with real beer, decent public transport, decent clothes shops and hairdressers, London markets, and getting to the rest of Europe so easily. Oh, and snowless winters. :ph34r:

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

I don't miss the telly cos I get all the UK programmes I like from certain sites :whistle: You'll have to message me for the sites cos I'm not allowed to post them in public.

Food is not missed anymore. We have a fantastic Indian place right in town (we're talking as good as Chutney Mary's - I'm so lucky!)...better than the usual ####### Indian food I had in the UK. Plus I can nip up to Canada to get a decent chocolate fix or a wonderful French dinner.

I still miss a good pub with real beer, decent public transport, decent clothes shops and hairdressers, London markets, and getting to the rest of Europe so easily. Oh, and snowless winters. :ph34r:

yeah, LouLou knows all the places to get hooked up with telly ;) She rocks!

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Lou lou, that's primarily how Craig has the entire seasons too.....you didn't think I meant we actually..... :lol: j/k ;) I better not complete that sentence.... Mags, I'm really sorry I *totally* forgot to ask him today, but I will do it in the morning...DOH! I don't see why he shouldn't be able to! If he gets it all done and dusted I'll send you a PM for your addy or whatever...just the latest last season you need then? All of them or just the last however many? M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Hey there fact fans...I've got one for ya. The woman who plays the older Mo (not the whiny Little Mo) is Gary Oldman's sister.

Thankyou, thankyou very much! :lol:

Damn you, Mags - that is my favourite fact of all time (well, almost), and I was reading this thread & just about to post it... you beat me to it! (They look soooo alike, though, don't they? It's fantastic...)

It's lucky he doesn't look on here, 'cos I'm sure my lovely USC-boy wouldn't thank me for posting this. In his formative years he had a monster crush on Wendy 'Pauline Fowler' Richard, having seen her in Are You Being Served? He had no idea of her career beyond playing Miss Brahms, but often mentioned having had a long time 'thing' about her, that she was one of his first & favourite random celebrity crushes, etc. :lol: When he was over here last year, we went to Brighton for a couple of days, and the hotel we stayed in had a huuuuge flat screen TV... we were lounging lazily on the sofa (quite why we weren't out actually doing stuff, I have no idea), and I suddenly spotted the time and made a lunge for the TV remote... time for the EastEnders repeat on BBC3. Changed channels in time for the theme tune to start up. He was bemused, but I was going 'watch, watch, look closely....' - conveniently enough, Pauline appeared in the very first scene...

.... he was looking totally confused, like 'what am I looking at...?', then realisation slowly dawned... his eyes went really wide with shock, he looked really upset for a second, then more than slightly appalled (oh, it was funny watching all these different expressions flash across his face), and then said: "oh my god! Miss Brahms got old!", followed by "but I used to....!!"... then just sat there looking disturbed. :devil::devil::devil:

It was funny. :lol: Although I think he was severely traumatised by the experience, poor love.

Okay, tangent over with. As you were!

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.