pmarshall

interview this wednesday last question

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi

I'm off for my 8:30 appointment on wed morning, ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

so just to clarify im taking with me -

man bag ;-)

phone and mifi device - allowed ?

microsoft surface pro tablet - allowed ?

house key and paperwork including:

passport

photo

ds160 form

visa payment receipt form

interview letter

police record + copy

Birth certificate + copy

my saving account proof for self sponsor - worth asking :-)

sponsor I-134 + w2 etc for his employment, pentions and other job - backup :-)

so i hope all is looking good as its too close to do anything now !!

thanks

Edited by pmarshall

Sounds about right, what's a mifi though?

Tablets and phones are allowed although last week when i was there the security guards kept asking people with tablets if they had a keyboard with them.. no idea why.

Timeline

Sounds about right, what's a mifi though?

Tablets and phones are allowed although last week when i was there the security guards kept asking people with tablets if they had a keyboard with them.. no idea why.

It's a WiFi dongle ;-)

Good answer on the keyboard ill leave mine behind at home.

How was the interview ??

Paul

Ohh, man i felt kinda old then.

The interview was fine, i was nervous but in the end thinking back on the entire day, it really wasn't much to worry about. As long as you have everything everybody says you need to have, then you'll be fine :)

My interview was at 8AM, i was in there at 7:45 and out by 9:15 so it was rather quick really

Timeline

Ohh, man i felt kinda old then.

The interview was fine, i was nervous but in the end thinking back on the entire day, it really wasn't much to worry about. As long as you have everything everybody says you need to have, then you'll be fine :)

My interview was at 8AM, i was in there at 7:45 and out by 9:15 so it was rather quick really

In 38 :-s

Im a little worried about i-134 and evidence but in sure it will be fine.

Did you take any relationship evidence ?

Paul

Hah okay i don't feel old now ;) still never heard mifi though, kinda embarrassing working in IT and not knowing that -.-

Anyway - I was worried about the I-134 as well, my fiancee's tax transcript only displayed half of her salary as she started working mid year, the embassy questioned this too but that's why i had taken along letters from employees detailing her salary and i explained why the transcript was weak as such. The lady said that was fine and took all of the evidence. She also asked if i had any savings, i said yes and gave her a 5 figure number, stating that this would be coming with me to America. She took a note of it on her system but didn't ask for any evidence of that.

I took 2 photos and a copy of our last boarding passes, none of it was requested though.

Timeline

Hah okay i don't feel old now ;) still never heard mifi though, kinda embarrassing working in IT and not knowing that -.-

Anyway - I was worried about the I-134 as well, my fiancee's tax transcript only displayed half of her salary as she started working mid year, the embassy questioned this too but that's why i had taken along letters from employees detailing her salary and i explained why the transcript was weak as such. The lady said that was fine and took all of the evidence. She also asked if i had any savings, i said yes and gave her a 5 figure number, stating that this would be coming with me to America. She took a note of it on her system but didn't ask for any evidence of that.

I took 2 photos and a copy of our last boarding passes, none of it was requested though.

In in IT too.

Im taking 5 figure USD plus I-134 with full year w2 pages showing current job (almost 6 figure) plus pension w2 pages full year and a copy of sponsor passport.

Hope all will be good.

Paul

You'll be fine in that department then :) you have a lot more evidence etc than we did.

Best of luck to you, let us know how it goes!

Timeline

You'll be fine in that department then :) you have a lot more evidence etc than we did.

Best of luck to you, let us know how it goes!

Taking a couple recent images and boarding passes too ;-) thanks

Any tips getting to embassy ?

Bond street is closed for quite some time. I came into Euston so just got on the Victoria line to Oxford Circus, changed to the Central line and got off at Marble Arch

Marble Arch is roughly the same distance from the embassy as Bond Street is. It's a simple 5-10 walk from Marble Arch, i just used maps on my phone to make sure i got there fine

Timeline

Bond street is closed for quite some time. I came into Euston so just got on the Victoria line to Oxford Circus, changed to the Central line and got off at Marble Arch

Marble Arch is roughly the same distance from the embassy as Bond Street is. It's a simple 5-10 walk from Marble Arch, i just used maps on my phone to make sure i got there fine

Ill prob drive to cockfosters and get on underground as im 40 mins from there.

Thanks

Good luck :D reading all of this is making me nervous even though I'm nowhere near this stage!

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Ill prob drive to cockfosters and get on underground as im 40 mins from there.

Thanks

I would say, given where you live, it may be better to drive to Stanmore as that is on the Jubilee Line and will take you straight through to Bond Street. I then walked from there.

Good luck for tomorrow! You'll be fine. I took some relationship evidence but was not asked for any of it - although I did volunteer some of it to back up the tale of how he proposed. I think most people take it as a security blanket.

Timeline

I would say, given where you live, it may be better to drive to Stanmore as that is on the Jubilee Line and will take you straight through to Bond Street. I then walked from there.

Good luck for tomorrow! You'll be fine. I took some relationship evidence but was not asked for any of it - although I did volunteer some of it to back up the tale of how he proposed. I think most people take it as a security blanket.

Bond street is shut so marble arch it is. I live north of cockfosters and its £5 parking all day ;-)

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.