sharaby03

I-864A question about sponsor

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My uncle retired in 2010, and is now a aerospace consultant. His income past 3 years average out 500,000 a year god bless. In his I-864 he put he retired in 2010 and he is now self employed. He will be providing a copy of his W2 along with this IRS Transcript. Will he need to provide proof of Self Employment even though he has his W2's and IRS transcript?

01-11-2013- I-30 Filed

01-16-2013- NOA1

XX-XX-XXXX- NOA2

He can provide his tax return transcript and his W2 or his entire tax return including 1099s, w2, etc...

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Best to include all three complete US Federal tax returns, if he's currently self employed. Make sure you state his income from line 22 of the first page of each 1040. For the self employed, there are no W2 forms, and his "current income" will be the number on line 22 of his 2013 tax return. Has it been filed?

Strange as it may seem, I would not recommend using a Tax Return Transcript in this kind of situation. I know you'll read that they are preferred generally, but they are NOT PREFERRED in a Joint Sponsor, self employed, filing jointly with spouse, situation.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello All,

Here the thing is my sponsor has 0 income and her father (in the same house) sponsoring me. sponsor filled I864 and her father is filling I864A as a household member.

Is it correct????

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

blsuda

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 9.58.34 AM.png

--Green Card Conditions Removal Process - GC will be expired on 10/27/2016---

26-07-2016- I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center

01-08-2016-- NOA1

01-09-2016 --BioMetrics

07-03-2017-- Date of Decision (Approved)

07-25-2017 -- 10 Years Green Card Received

--N-400 Citizenship Process--

08-01-2017- Submitted Application via Online

08-02-2017- NOA

08-05-2017- Biometrics scheduled for 09-04-2017 at Charlotte

08-22-2017- Biometrics - Completed

08-22-2017- Interview Scheduled' status update (in-line)

10-18-2017- Interview was Scheduled' status update in myUSCIS

10-19-2017- Status updated in Online account and Interview pdf available 

11-27-2017- Interview Date (Approved)

11-30-2017- Oath Ceremony ( I am US Citizen Now :jest:)

My US Journey Ends Here. Thanks to everyone and all the best for new applicants.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello All,

Here the thing is my sponsor has 0 income and her father (in the same house) sponsoring me. sponsor filled I864 and her father is filling I864A as a household member.

Is it correct????

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

blsuda

The I-864A is used by a qualifying household member to combine their income with that of the sponsor filling out the I-864 in order to meet the requirement. If the petitioner/sponsor has no income, then there is no need for an I-864A because there is no income from the sponsor to combine with. It would be better for the father to be the joint sponsor and fill out his own separate I-864.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Timeline

Best to include all three complete US Federal tax returns, if he's currently self employed. Make sure you state his income from line 22 of the first page of each 1040. For the self employed, there are no W2 forms, and his "current income" will be the number on line 22 of his 2013 tax return. Has it been filed?

Strange as it may seem, I would not recommend using a Tax Return Transcript in this kind of situation. I know you'll read that they are preferred generally, but they are NOT PREFERRED in a Joint Sponsor, self employed, filing jointly with spouse, situation.

He has filed his taxes yes. What he has is his IRS Complete Tax Return Transcript. That shows all his income and money made in 2013. What I understand is since it shows Married Filing Joint, he needs to prove his income in that transcript. The idea is he has to submit his 1099, not sure if he has W2's since he is retired in 2010. I will find out tomorrow what he has and hopefully you can tell me if that would be enough.

01-11-2013- I-30 Filed

01-16-2013- NOA1

XX-XX-XXXX- NOA2

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

A tax return and a tax return transcript are not the same thing. I'm recommending using a "complete copy of the US Federal Tax Return including all schedules as well as any W2 and/or 1099 forms, as applicable." Just email him exactly what you see between the " " in my previous sentence and he'll know what that means.

One of the difficulties we're facing in helping you is that the affidavit of support is typically completed and managed by a US resident familiar with US Tax returns instead of a foreigner communicating through one or two others in the USA, to get to the actual sponsor. It would be so much more simple if the sponsor was reading and participating in this topic.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.