AU.Dan

OC DV2015 Topics and References.

92 posts in this topic

Thanks Susie! I knew about the DV interview fee, but was confused when trying to read the reciprocity table in regards to the issuance fee. I've just looked again and noticed that says that table is for temporary visas. Did you find out about the USIC fee on the Travel.gov site?

Yes but they have changed the site since last year. Here is the info you will need after you get your visa: http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

For anyone who was interested in what type of proof is required in terms of not becoming a public charge, here is what the Sydney Consulate has said:

"You[/size] need to qualify under the education or work experience for the Visa Diversity Lottery. The requirements of funds will be under the discretion of the Consular Officer on the day of the interview. You may bring any evidence of funds on the day of the interview, if you wish."[/size]

Not the black and white answer I would have hoped for however I'm not really surprised based on previous conversations throughout these forums.

I'm still going to aim for 10K in the bank and hopefully that will be safe.

Yes it's not black and white because what they require will be dependent on each applicant - age, qualifications, family situation, savings, etc. each person is an individual judgment call for them.

Are you sure it's case number? Not amount of people selected including family members.

It is total number of selectees.

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks so much for starting this thread, its been very informative. I was selected for further processing for dv-2015. I'm trying to wade through all the information, but sometimes you get more confused. I have a few questions if anyone could have any answers for me

1. My case number is OC17XX, I know this is pretty high, but I was thinking that if I got an interview in would be in August or September 2015.

2. My case number is for Oceania, but I obviously have no idea how high my case number is for selectees from Australia. The visa bulletin lists case number cut offs for each Region. So would this mean that even if you're from a country that only had a few selectees, you would have to wait until your case number was called even if your embassy didn't have any visas to process? (for example Palau had only 6, what if some of those had really high case numbers, could they be one of the last ones to get an interview, even though their embassy had no other visa to process)

3. I haven't logged on to the DS-260 because I didn't know if by logging in (just to have a look) would count as showing intentions to migrate. I was thinking of making a quick two week holiday to the US in a few months for a friends wedding, so I didn't want to get refused entry because I viewed the DS-260

4. however I have seen the DS-260 questions posted online (as at Jan 2014) and I wanted clarity on a couple of questions:

a) under the work history, they want your supervisor details. Why do they want this and would they contact them. The reason I ask is that I don't want work to know

that I plan on leaving if I get selected. I don't want it to cause problems if I don't get an interview. And also for my previous jobs (i.e. 10yrs ago) I can't remember my

supervisors name, that is assuming that they even still work there.

b) documentation for vaccinations: I have found documentation for some vaccinations I received a few years ago, but I am having trouble finding my vaccination

records from when I was a young child and in high school. Are we expected to have documentation for these, and if we don't are we expected to get all the

childhood vaccinations again in order to meet the requirements.

I'm sorry for asking so many questions. I'm always told I ask to many questions.

Thanks in advance for anyone can help my confusion

Filed: Timeline

My cn is oc000006xx. ( high 6) Any idea when we could expect an interview and the likely hood of actually getting the visa. Also our first child is due in 4 days. Should we submit our forms now before baby is born or is it better to wait till baby is born and we get them a passport then add them to the application and submit all three ds 260's at the same time? Cheers

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hermosa,

Regarding the vaccinations, based on the advice of the wiser heads on this board, you should answer truthfully. If you don't have the documentation, you can't answer 'yes', regardless of whatever good intentions you might have to get those vaccinations before your interview.

My husband and I will be getting our vaccinations redone before we submit so that we can honestly answer yes that we have a immunisation certificate verifying our details. If you don't have it, my understanding is that you answer 'no' and then, when asked to explain in the form, put something along the lines 'in the process of acquiring necessary vaccinations, which will be presented to panel physician / at interview'.

Timeline

My cn is oc000006xx. ( high 6) Any idea when we could expect an interview and the likely hood of actually getting the visa. Also our first child is due in 4 days. Should we submit our forms now before baby is born or is it better to wait till baby is born and we get them a passport then add them to the application and submit all three ds 260's at the same time? Cheers

With a case number in the high 600s, based on the visa bulletin for this year (not perfectly reliable but a good guide), you will interview in February / March 2015. Check out the visa bulletin on the travel.state.gov website for more information.

Re the little one, congrats on your impending arrival! :dancing: I would wait until the baby is born and you have everything in place (birth certificate, passport etc). If you submit now, my understanding is that you would not only have to submit a new DS260 for the baby (which you will have to do regardless) but you and your spouse's DS260 forms would also need to be adjusted. It seems like a pain to go through all of that when you can just wait and submit all three at once with no need to redo.

Worst case scenario: by the time you get the paperwork sorted, you submit in late June / early July. No biggie given your interview isn't until February / March (based on 2014's visa bulletin).

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

b) documentation for vaccinations: I have found documentation for some vaccinations I received a few years ago, but I am having trouble finding my vaccination

records from when I was a young child and in high school. Are we expected to have documentation for these, and if we don't are we expected to get all the

Hi Hermosa,

I am having the same issues in regards to Vaccinations. I can prove some of mine but am yet to track down records of my baby/school vaccinations (apparently the council you had them done may keep those records). I asked the consulate what I should answer in regards to being able to prove only some but not all of my vaccinations and this is what they replied:

You may answer the question to the best of your knowledge. On the day of the interview we will check the medical record whether you have completed all the vaccinations required.

I have previously read in these forums (take with a grain of salt) that the blood tests can determine what vaccines you have had previously. Maybe you could contact the approved GP and ask them. What I can't prove I intend to be immunized against again.

Hope this helps :)

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

Sorry I should have said 'the blood tests at medicals' may determine your vaccines. Honestly I'm not sure about the truth of that claim though so it's best to check.

This might help.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/adana/5/Updated%202012/Medical%20Instruct%20With%20List%20of%20Doctors_updatespdf.pdf

Timeline

We are doing a titer test to see what antibodies we do have - we will then get the balance of shots done and our GP will issue an immunisation certificate along with the results of the titer.

We intend to do this before submitting the DS260 (ie in the next couple of weeks). It means we don't have to answer 'No' and we're going to have to get it done anyway so may as well be now.

Edited by EmilyW

Timeline

Thanks so much for starting this thread, its been very informative. I was selected for further processing for dv-2015. I'm trying to wade through all the information, but sometimes you get more confused. I have a few questions if anyone could have any answers for me

1. My case number is OC17XX, I know this is pretty high, but I was thinking that if I got an interview in would be in August or September 2015.

2. My case number is for Oceania, but I obviously have no idea how high my case number is for selectees from Australia. The visa bulletin lists case number cut offs for each Region. So would this mean that even if you're from a country that only had a few selectees, you would have to wait until your case number was called even if your embassy didn't have any visas to process? (for example Palau had only 6, what if some of those had really high case numbers, could they be one of the last ones to get an interview, even though their embassy had no other visa to process)

3. I haven't logged on to the DS-260 because I didn't know if by logging in (just to have a look) would count as showing intentions to migrate. I was thinking of making a quick two week holiday to the US in a few months for a friends wedding, so I didn't want to get refused entry because I viewed the DS-260

4. however I have seen the DS-260 questions posted online (as at Jan 2014) and I wanted clarity on a couple of questions:

a) under the work history, they want your supervisor details. Why do they want this and would they contact them. The reason I ask is that I don't want work to know

that I plan on leaving if I get selected. I don't want it to cause problems if I don't get an interview. And also for my previous jobs (i.e. 10yrs ago) I can't remember my

supervisors name, that is assuming that they even still work there.

I'm sorry for asking so many questions. I'm always told I ask to many questions.

Thanks in advance for anyone can help my confusion

17xx is fairly high but well within the realm of possibility. Last year the top OC case number was 1630 I think, however there appears to be an expectation it will surpass that this year which may be a pattern repeated next year as well. There are a whole group of people who track and keep probabilities of these things, maybe you can follow one of their threads.

The visas are allocated by continent rather than per embassy so the visas don't run out at a particular embassy. Have a look at one of the OC spreadsheets and you can see OC people getting visas all over the world.

You wouldn't get refused entry because you viewed a DS-260, however since your number is high you can wait until after you've returned from your vacation before submitting. Your interview is likely to be in the second half of next year so you have plenty of time.

Timeline

Thank you so much for your responses, they are very much appreciated.

Hi Hermosa,

I am having the same issues in regards to Vaccinations. I can prove some of mine but am yet to track down records of my baby/school vaccinations (apparently the council you had them done may keep those records). I asked the consulate what I should answer in regards to being able to prove only some but not all of my vaccinations and this is what they replied:

You may answer the question to the best of your knowledge. On the day of the interview we will check the medical record whether you have completed all the vaccinations required.

I have previously read in these forums (take with a grain of salt) that the blood tests can determine what vaccines you have had previously. Maybe you could contact the approved GP and ask them. What I can't prove I intend to be immunized against again.

Hope this helps :)

Thank you Brooklin. I live in Brisbane and called the Brisbane City Council and they stated they hold immunisation records for vaccines that were provided at a council venue (i.e. school) for a period of 21 years from the date of vaccination. Unfortunately for me, the time period won't cover my baby/childhood vaccinations, but it could be a great avenue for many other people who can't find their records. All you need to do is email/mail them and provide your personal details, where you lived at the time of vaccinations, and details of the vaccinations you are requesting records for.

We are doing a titer test to see what antibodies we do have - we will then get the balance of shots done and our GP will issue an immunisation certificate along with the results of the titer.

We intend to do this before submitting the DS260 (ie in the next couple of weeks). It means we don't have to answer 'No' and we're going to have to get it done anyway so may as well be now.

Emily, great advice. I know Brooklin touched on this, but I researched titer test and found out the information. If I can't find my vaccination records I will definitely go to my GP to get the test done. I don't want to get vaccinations that I don't need. If I can't find my vaccination records/ or the titer tests shows i don't have immunity for the required vaccines, I have no problem stating on the DS-260 that I don't have all my vaccination records. Information on the US visa site (http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/medical-exam-faqs.html) states that if an applicant does not have a vaccination record that the panel physician will work with you to determine what vaccinations you need to meet the vaccination requirement. I assumed that saying No on the DS-260 doesn't matter, just as long as you meet the requirement prior to your interview and get the all important medical clearance. By the sounds of the response that Brooklin received from the consulate (You may answer the question to the best of your knowledge. On the day of the interview we will check the medical record whether you have completed all the vaccinations required) my assumption was correct. I didn't want to take it upon myself to go get the vaccinations now, just in case I miss out on an interview, considering I have a high CN and have already been vaccinated.

17xx is fairly high but well within the realm of possibility. Last year the top OC case number was 1630 I think, however there appears to be an expectation it will surpass that this year which may be a pattern repeated next year as well. There are a whole group of people who track and keep probabilities of these things, maybe you can follow one of their threads.

The visas are allocated by continent rather than per embassy so the visas don't run out at a particular embassy. Have a look at one of the OC spreadsheets and you can see OC people getting visas all over the world.

You wouldn't get refused entry because you viewed a DS-260, however since your number is high you can wait until after you've returned from your vacation before submitting. Your interview is likely to be in the second half of next year so you have plenty of time.

Thanks Guestgulkan, I will wait to fill out the DS-260 until after my return. After all, it appears that I have plenty of time before an interview.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. Echo the sentiments of others - what a great resource! I have been selected at 2015OC000013XX. the low 1300's.

I have two questions, the first concern obviously is:

what is the likelihood of me getting an interview?

And also, once I am notified for an interview how long after that does the interview typically occur?

I estimate I will interview in July / August - but most likely (and conservatively) August, however some research suggest the interview is 4-6 weeks after you are notified?

If anyone can enlighten me that would be great!

Thanks!

Timeline

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. Echo the sentiments of others - what a great resource! I have been selected at 2015OC000013XX. the low 1300's.

I have two questions, the first concern obviously is:

what is the likelihood of me getting an interview?

And also, once I am notified for an interview how long after that does the interview typically occur?

I estimate I will interview in July / August - but most likely (and conservatively) August, however some research suggest the interview is 4-6 weeks after you are notified?

If anyone can enlighten me that would be great!

Thanks!

"what is the likelihood of me getting an interview?:

90-100%. The highest number we know of from DV2013 was 1630. The highest number so far this year is 1450, but there is another month so it will go higher. Your chances are very good. You beat me by 100.

"And also, once I am notified for an interview how long after that does the interview typically occur?"

Well, it's now June and the people with August interviews are getting notified right now.

btw the people from 1300-1450 went current in August, so maybe I'll see you in the consulate waiting room next year.

I estimate I will interview in July / August

I agree

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.