AU.Dan

OC DV2015 Topics and References.

92 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have just found this forum and have been posting on another forum but it's been very quiet. Our number is 2015OC000006xx which is exciting and I finally submitted the DS-260 forms today. Hoping to relocate to Colorado, looking at Evergreen or Golden, somewhere where I can commute to Denver. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have just found this forum and have been posting on another forum but it's been very quiet. Our number is 2015OC000006xx which is exciting and I finally submitted the DS-260 forms today. Hoping to relocate to Colorado, looking at Evergreen or Golden, somewhere where I can commute to Denver. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

The other forum is busier for DV actually, but this one is better for other non-DV visas I think.

Anyway I used to live in Denver and know Golden well. Wonderful place. Home of the terrible Coors beer though.

Timeline

Great to hear you liked Golden. We covered 30 States when we travelled in the USA but didn't get to Colorado.

Colorado is beautiful. You'll love it. You can see snow capped peaks from anywhere.

Golden.. what do I know about Golden:

• Is near Boulder which is Mork and Mindy country, Jon Benet Ramsay, hipster university students
  • Southpark is kinda set in Denver and I imagine it could be the Golden or Aurora area
  • There are some big companies in the south of Denver such as Luminent, Newmont, JD Edwards (Oracle), Lockheed that are good for jobs. DTC (Denver Tech Center) area.
  • There aren't many trees if you like trees.
  • It's close to Colombine High School (Littleton). ie massacre site.
  • Coors Beer as already mentioned
  • Is a loong drive from Denver. Very outer suburban.
  • Near Red Rocks Amphitheatre
  • You can't get further from Denver Airport. Your taxi is gonna be like $100

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi! Thought I'd add my number to the thread: My now husband got selected in the high 2015OC000004xx's so we think we will be interviewed end of January if it goes similarly to 2014's. Submitted our DS260's a few weeks ago (what a headache to fill out! Took a bit of searching for all past addreses/jobs!)

Very excited but nervous about finding work! I don't have a "career" or degree in anything but hopefully experience in my industry will land me something..or there's always bar work - hopefully!

Does anyone have any first hand experience on whether Citibank or HSBC is better for setting up an account/credit card here to use to transfer when we move?

I just got an AMEX card to build up my history with them to hopefully get approved for one when we move, and I do have a no fee HSBC credit card I haven't used in a while. Perhaps best to stay with them and create a bank account?

Now it's just the waiting (and saving $$ ) game! We intend to move to Los Angeles as we have some friends there (but who knows where our time in the States could take us!)

We are also taking our dog with us! Anyone else moved a dog over or planning to?

CN: DV2014OC000004XX (husband was selected)
Entry checked: 02/05/2014

MARRIED! 14/06/2014
Forms sent to KCC: 16/07/2014
Confirmed by KCC: Yes
2nd NL: Not yet
Documents: Not yet
Police report: Not yet
Medicals: Not yet
Interview: Not yet
POE: LAX

Filed: Timeline

Hello fellow Aussies!

I wonder if you guys can help ease my mind.

I have a low case number - less than 50.

However, I'm not ready to leave yet! I won't graduate university till next year, and I'd like to save some more money before heading overseas.

For that reason, I'd like to delay my filing of DS-260.

Given my case number is low, it will be 'current' from about October. If I hold off filing DS-260 until March-April, will I be interviewed as soon as my form is processed, given I'll already be current?

I won't miss my chance will I?

Thanks everyone!

Hello fellow Aussies!

I wonder if you guys can help ease my mind.

I have a low case number - less than 50.

However, I'm not ready to leave yet! I won't graduate university till next year, and I'd like to save some more money before heading overseas.

For that reason, I'd like to delay my filing of DS-260.

Given my case number is low, it will be 'current' from about October. If I hold off filing DS-260 until March-April, will I be interviewed as soon as my form is processed, given I'll already be current?

I won't miss my chance will I?

Thanks everyone!

Well done for thinking that through. It is a good strategy to get the timing right for you - and no you won't miss your chance.

FYI, once you will submit your 260 there will be a delay (2 to 4 weeks) while they "process" your case. Once that is done you would then be scheduled in the next batch of interviews scheduled - and that could be 5 to 9 weeks depending on timing of when your forms are completed processing. So - you need to plan to submit your forms around two months before you want to be processed and because DV2015 will exhaust visas I would suggest timing your interview no later than July, maybe August. So - that means filing your case around early mid April should get you a July interview. Late April might see you miss the July slots and be pushed into August.

Once you get your visa you have up to 6 months to enter for the first time and that entry "activates" your LPR status. Once you enter you could jump straight back on a plane and leave for up to 12 months without prior permission to leave - many people do exactly that. So, with your strategy you could delay moving there until late 2016 if you want.

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow , opening of 400 for the October VB!!!

Any speculation about how this will impact the further VB's? I was thinking as a high 400's (almost 500) CN we would be looking at late January but now i'm not so sure!

DV2014 had jumps of 75 numbers between OCT-NOV-DEC 100 between DEC-JAN-FEB ...so if they stick to that I may be December!

CN: DV2014OC000004XX (husband was selected)
Entry checked: 02/05/2014

MARRIED! 14/06/2014
Forms sent to KCC: 16/07/2014
Confirmed by KCC: Yes
2nd NL: Not yet
Documents: Not yet
Police report: Not yet
Medicals: Not yet
Interview: Not yet
POE: LAX

• 1 month later...

I suspect you'd be looking at August or September.

I'd stay positive about your chances. I personally think that, with the introduction of the DS260 online, that cases might get to the consulates faster (taking into account that the KCC won't have to physically open and process the hard copy applications anymore). Also, bear in mind that in 2015, there are less selectees than in 2014.

So keep your spirits up. Aussies are great at maintaining positivity even when your footy team is 60 points behind!

Thanks!! this helped, i can see some hope, fingers crossed.

hello dear

i m from ethiopia my cn af 8xxx i didnit understand this sayings in visa bulletin visas available for november 2014 All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately? could those listed less than 7,800 can get visa or the whole african region 14,200?

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately AFRICA 14,200
Ethiopia: 7,800

hello dear

i m from ethiopia my cn af 8xxx i didnit understand this sayings in visa bulletin visas available for november 2014

All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately? could those listed less than 7,800 can get visa or the whole african region 14,200?

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately AFRICA 14,200

Ethiopia: 7,800

It means the cutoff numbers for africa are 14200 *unless* you come from Ethiopia, in which case the cutoff is 7800.

They have too many applicants from Ethiopia to be able to process them that fast hence the lower cutoff.

Edited by SusieQQQ

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Fiji
Timeline

Hi All,

This is Pranish from Fiji - Case number OC17XX. Actually my wife is a lucky winner here and my son and I are with her as spouse and child in the DS-260 for (filled and submitted). I'm stressing out here and need some hope if someone got some good news or similar case number.

I see case numbers for OC in the monthly bulletins increase by 50 there for in Jan 2015 it states 700 while ours is in the OC17xx's so by the time it gets to around OC16xx's it will already be Oct and no more visa's are issued? whats going to happen to our case?

I see no one has posted in a long time, hoping someone sees this and sheds some light of hope on our case number. Really looking forward to US for a bright future for my son.

Stay blessed all!

Timeline

Hi All,

This is Pranish from Fiji - Case number OC17XX. Actually my wife is a lucky winner here and my son and I are with her as spouse and child in the DS-260 for (filled and submitted). I'm stressing out here and need some hope if someone got some good news or similar case number.

I see case numbers for OC in the monthly bulletins increase by 50 there for in Jan 2015 it states 700 while ours is in the OC17xx's so by the time it gets to around OC16xx's it will already be Oct and no more visa's are issued? whats going to happen to our case?

I see no one has posted in a long time, hoping someone sees this and sheds some light of hope on our case number. Really looking forward to US for a bright future for my son.

Stay blessed all!

Hi Pranish,

1700 is a bit high, but not impossible.

Some information for you: Nigeria is disqualified from the lottery this year. Their visas will be re-distributed across the world. Most pundits are predicting this will increase the OC share of visas.

There's a very active OC greencard lottery community on immigration dot com. Go there and get your name added to Emily's spreadsheet. Then you can spend the year stressing together with friends.

Filed: Country: Fiji
Timeline

Hi Pranish,

1700 is a bit high, but not impossible.

Some information for you: Nigeria is disqualified from the lottery this year. Their visas will be re-distributed across the world. Most pundits are predicting this will increase the OC share of visas.

There's a very active OC greencard lottery community on immigration dot com. Go there and get your name added to Emily's spreadsheet. Then you can spend the year stressing together with friends.

Hey guys, an update to my CN.. It's not 17xx but OC11xx.. I logged into our DS260 form submission site and there it was.. What are my chances now? Predictions/knowledge?

Timeline

Hey guys, an update to my CN.. It's not 17xx but OC11xx.. I logged into our DS260 form submission site and there it was.. What are my chances now? Predictions/knowledge?

Last year's cutoff was 1450. You are easily below 1450 so your chances are good. Nearly 100%.

Time to focus on your paperwork.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.