AI&RL

Another Visa Status Question

65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All,

I am hoping you can help reassure my fiancée and me. As if this process isn’t stressful enough our last closing event of the journey appears to be dragging. We completed the interview with success and were approved on April 15, 2014. Our question is around the mysterious VISA process timeline. We both asked the embassy in Manila the timeline to print, or deliver and no one could share that info. Based on the other posts I have seen and the visa timelines it appears that most people have received their visas within 3 weeks.

In any case the below is the timeline. Wanted to get everyone’s thoughts.

• 4/15/14 Interview completed with success :)
  • 4/16/14 Status on ceac site updated to ready
  • 4/21/14 Status updated to Administrative Processing
  • 4/24/14 Status date updated, but still reflecting Administrative Processing
  • 4/29/14 Status date updated, and status reflecting "Ready"
  • Today-Status has not changed from ready.

When we email passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com it use to state passport is with post. However, now it says "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted."

We also emailed IVManilaReplies@state.gov back on the 24th, but received no response to date.

p.s. we thought it would take about two weeks. In which case it already has been with excluding the holidays of holy week.

Thanks

AI & RL

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All,

I am hoping you can help reassure my fiancée and me. As if this process isn’t stressful enough our last closing event of the journey appears to be dragging. We completed the interview with success and were approved on April 15, 2014. Our question is around the mysterious VISA process timeline. We both asked the embassy in Manila the timeline to print, or deliver and no one could share that info. Based on the other posts I have seen and the visa timelines it appears that most people have received their visas within 3 weeks.

When we email passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com it use to state passport is with post. However, now it says "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted."

We also emailed IVManilaReplies@state.gov back on the 24th, but received no response to date.

p.s. we thought it would take about two weeks. In which case it already has been with excluding the holidays of holy week.

Thanks

AI & RL

You can check tracking with the CEAC website along with ustraveldocs.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp#trackingoptions

I have a feeling you should start to check with 2GO as well.

There is tracking information in my link below, follow the flashing arrow...

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks for your quick response Hank. When we check https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx is when it says "Ready". I have sent a few emails to 2go, and checked their site and they say they don’t have the passport because it’s still with the embassy. When we check http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp#trackingoptions we receive:

Passport Status :

There is no status update available for the passport number submitted

I also failed to mention I was able to get through to the Embassy of Manila, they said they have all the papwerwork and there are no problems. We just have to wait for processing, but they would not give a timeline either.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for your quick response Hank. When we check https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx is when it says "Ready". I have sent a few emails to 2go, and checked their site and they say they don’t have the passport because it’s still with the embassy. When we check http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp#trackingoptions we receive:

Passport Status :

There is no status update available for the passport number submitted

I also failed to mention I was able to get through to the Embassy of Manila, they said they have all the papwerwork and there are no problems. We just have to wait for processing, but they would not give a timeline either.

When my wife did her interview it took two week after before we saw the visa, and back then the embassy was not nuts crazy busy like it is currently with all the Yolanda expedites.

I am still feeling that very soon it will be issued and on its way. :)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks Hank. I was thinking Obama being in the PI might hold up some Embassy resources as well. We are both so antsy. Also with it becoming spring/summer ticket prices seem to keep climbing! All I want is my soon to be here! :)

AI&RL, on 04 May 2014 - 5:09 PM, said:

Hello All,

Thanks

AI & RL

The visa processing steps after visa interview are as follows:

The first AP is the immigration unit doing the paperwork for approving the visa

The first ready is a notice that they are finished and the paperwork is being sent for visa issuance

The second AP is the visa issuance people doing their own paperwork

The second ready is that the visa has been issued and is currently being processed for delivery

Upon the second ready, it will be sent out within a few days.

No one can tell anyone when they will get there visa. There has been some who received in two days and others more than three months. Yes, normal delivery is around 3 weeks if the sun, moon and mars are lined up so don’t run out and buy any airline tickets till your visa is in your hands.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Thanks Greenbaum.

I am just amazed that this part of the process is taking so long since everything else seemed to go rather quickly. (or faster than the benchmarks) As of today its still stuck in ready. She I be alarmed that I no longer receive a status on the passport when I try to track it?

Perhaps I am being a little to jumpy, but I still feel like its taking a rather long time. Today will actually mark three weeks not including the holy week.

I think I would feel much better if when I called the Embassy they could provide some sort of timeline. Instead they go, yes, its in adminstrative processing even though it clearly shows on the Visa site as "Ready". Hope its not just sitting one someones desk.

AI&RL

AI&RL, on 06 May 2014 - 06:17 AM, said:

Thanks Greenbaum.

I am just amazed that this part of the process is taking so long since everything else seemed to go rather quickly. (or faster than the benchmarks) As of today its still stuck in ready. She I be alarmed that I no longer receive a status on the passport when I try to track it?

Perhaps I am being a little to jumpy, but I still feel like its taking a rather long time. Today will actually mark three weeks not including the holy week.

I think I would feel much better if when I called the Embassy they could provide some sort of timeline. Instead they go, yes, its in adminstrative processing even though it clearly shows on the Visa site as "Ready". Hope its not just sitting one someones desk.

AI&RL

The embassy is looking at the same screen you are so their answer won't be any different. Yes your being a little too "jumpy".

Patience, Patience and more Patience. Your almost there. 1943.gif

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Relax. We were stuck in Ready for more than 3 weeks...then it jumped to Issued and a message from 2GO 2 days later. I just think they are in a bit of a backlog with regards to processing through to printed and packaged for issued. I've noticed numerous delayed longer than expected recently in this stage.

It is very difficult to get much of a status update from the USEM, they aren't able to tell you much but if they are saying there are no more requirements on your side be patient.

Timeline

Relax. We were stuck in Ready for more than 3 weeks...then it jumped to Issued and a message from 2GO 2 days later. I just think they are in a bit of a backlog with regards to processing through to printed and packaged for issued. I've noticed numerous delayed longer than expected recently in this stage.

It is very difficult to get much of a status update from the USEM, they aren't able to tell you much but if they are saying there are no more requirements on your side be patient.

Took a look at your timeline. Im assuming from the looks you have been waiting since 1/31? Quite wild :)

Hopefully we will all get some updates soon!

Timeline

Well, we were put in AP at interview...which moved into Ready 3/28...finally issued 4/23. We were in Ready for almost a month before Issued. However, after Issued we had the 2GO message for pickup on the 3rd business day after.

Timeline

Well, we were put in AP at interview...which moved into Ready 3/28...finally issued 4/23. We were in Ready for almost a month before Issued. However, after Issued we had the 2GO message for pickup on the 3rd business day after.

Wow, quite the wait. Just curious. Did you monitor your passport as well via the email box passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com or http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp#trackingoptions. Ours use to be able to be found and it says at post. However since 4/24/14 which was our second update date, but still in Administrative processing; it can no longer be tracked.

RL

Timeline

Wow, quite the wait. Just curious. Did you monitor your passport as well via the email box passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com or http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp#trackingoptions. Ours use to be able to be found and it says at post. However since 4/24/14 which was our second update date, but still in Administrative processing; it can no longer be tracked.

RL

No, I didn't start tracking the passport until after it was in Issued. We knew where it was...hehe

Timeline

Just an update on this. Recieved an email that was short and provided no info as outlined below.. So still waiting with no updates, mind you my first email was never responded to so I reforwarded after 7 days.

"We are referring your May 7, 2014 communication to our processing units for appropriate action."

RL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.