steve n songsang

thought interview process was over....

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Time-11;00am,5/1/2014. Place-Chicago, Cook County Office of Vital Records. Reason- To acquire marriage liscense.

Should be no problem...We give the very gruff and all business gentleman Songsang`s passport, original BC and certified English translation. He comes back, all business, says cannot accept laminated original BC OR certified English translation. This being the only secondary form of I.D. that we have that they will accept I start in with the "U.S.govt accepted this BC but a state county office will not"??? He tells me they are not the federal government, and than states..."I have good news also...We now accept the thai passport as one form of I.D. and the U.S. visa inside as the 2nd form"...well,allrighty then...I answer a series of questions,then he asks me if Songsang speaks English, I reply "yes,no problem". First couple questions, no problem.then, "Are you and this man family"? Songsang..."yes". I start to explain that she believe`s we ARE family, he nastily tells me that I am not to speak and that she must answer questions correctly, I say phrase the question differently, I get a nasty look then he asks Songsang "are you and this man related"? Again..".Yes"... "damn"...The guy than says he will be right back and that we will need to find a thai translator to be able to get a marriage liscense. We are standing at a high counter and I place my hand on Songsang`s hip and tell her..."one squeeze is yes, 2 squeezes is no. The gentleman returns,i say can we try again, another nasty look but he starts over, Songsang answers all his questions, some with my hand`s assistance. He says we are good to go, turns out he is from belize, has the warmest smile and is hilarious,various unrelated issues getting the liscense printed and we are laughing and joking about the various issues he confronts every day. Turns out he was good cop,bad cop all in one and had a little fun with us at our expense, he had to know when he stepped away that Songsang and I would be having a little conversation. He even chased us down outside the building because he believed he had not added the county seal to the liscense.On a related note, songsang and I were married on 5/2 and are waiting for certified copy of marriage certificate so we can file our completed I-485.I-765 and I-131 package...

9/16/2013-I-129-F Petition Rec`d-(Dallas lockbox, transfered to CSC)
9/19/2013-Notice Date- NOA-1
10/1/2013-Notice Date- NOA-2-I-129-F Petition Approved!
11/1/2013-NVC Rec`d I-129-F Petition
11/14/2013- U.S.Consulate- BKK Rec`d I-129-F
11/23/2013-Rec`d Packet 3
12/1/2013-Medical Exam
12/9/2013-Packet 3 sent to U.S. Consulate-BKK
12/16/2013-Rec`d Packet 4
1/22/2014-Interview/Approved!
1/25/2014-Rec`d Visa/Passport (Korat)

4/30/2014-POE-Chicago-O`Hare
5/1/2014-Successful S.S.# Application(Chicago office)Marriage License(Cook County)
5/2/2014-Married!
5/16/2014-AOS,I-765,I-131 package received by U.S.C.I.S.
5/19/2014-Notice Date- NOA-1`s
5/23/2014-Rec`d Biometrics Appointment Notice
5/30/2014-Early Biometrics(Chicago location)
7/26/2014-I-765 and I-131 Approved (card production)
8/01/2014-Rec`d Combo Card
9/10/2014-Rec`d Potential Interview Waiver Letter
3/20/2015-Filed form with CIS Ombudsman requesting assistance with AOS.
3/21/2015-Rec`d case# from Ombudsman.
4/03/2015-Sent I-765/I-131 renewal documents to U.S.C.I.S.
4/9/2015- NOA Notice Dates-I-765/I-131 renewal.
4/10/2015-NOA Notice Date-Biometrics Appt.for I-765/I-131 renewal.
4/27/2015-Biometrics Appt.for I-765/I-131 renewal.

5/22/2015-Rec`d RFE for expired Medical Exam.

5/23/2015-Rec`d Renewal Combo Card.

6/8/2015-Updated I-693 Medical Exam sent to U.S.C.I.S. (New York office)

6/20/2015-Rec`d Welcome Letter.

6/24/2015-Rec`d Green Card via U.S.P.S.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Time-11;00am,5/1/2014. Place-Chicago, Cook County Office of Vital Records. Reason- To acquire marriage liscense.

Should be no problem...We give the very gruff and all business gentleman Songsang`s passport, original BC and certified English translation. He comes back, all business, says cannot accept laminated original BC OR certified English translation. This being the only secondary form of I.D. that we have that they will accept I start in with the "U.S.govt accepted this BC but a state county office will not"??? He tells me they are not the federal government, and than states..."I have good news also...We now accept the thai passport as one form of I.D. and the U.S. visa inside as the 2nd form"...well,allrighty then...I answer a series of questions,then he asks me if Songsang speaks English, I reply "yes,no problem". First couple questions, no problem.then, "Are you and this man family"? Songsang..."yes". I start to explain that she believe`s we ARE family, he nastily tells me that I am not to speak and that she must answer questions correctly, I say phrase the question differently, I get a nasty look then he asks Songsang "are you and this man related"? Again..".Yes"... "damn"...The guy than says he will be right back and that we will need to find a thai translator to be able to get a marriage liscense. We are standing at a high counter and I place my hand on Songsang`s hip and tell her..."one squeeze is yes, 2 squeezes is no. The gentleman returns,i say can we try again, another nasty look but he starts over, Songsang answers all his questions, some with my hand`s assistance. He says we are good to go, turns out he is from belize, has the warmest smile and is hilarious,various unrelated issues getting the liscense printed and we are laughing and joking about the various issues he confronts every day. Turns out he was good cop,bad cop all in one and had a little fun with us at our expense, he had to know when he stepped away that Songsang and I would be having a little conversation. He even chased us down outside the building because he believed he had not added the county seal to the liscense.On a related note, songsang and I were married on 5/2 and are waiting for certified copy of marriage certificate so we can file our completed I-485.I-765 and I-131 package...

Now we have a love story that rivals many including my own. Fun to hear and know things are moving along.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.