DMX

Montreal 221G processing time

12 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

I am a regular reader of VJ and this is a great source of information. I occasionally comment on topics that I have knowledge about. I am sure people get 221 G during interview and then send over the information to the consulate.

Last week I had interview at Montreal and was told by the CO that he is satisfied with the application and will issue the visa after I provide the information they were looking for and was given 221 G.

So I provided the information and sent over my passport through Loomis to Montreal which was received by the Consulate on Friday. Now my question is how much time Montreal takes to issue visa after receiving the information? I know most of the people stop following VJ once they immigrate to US and get busy with life etc. If anyone have gone through the same situation please comment so that I have some idea of wait time. In the meantime if I get any updates then I will post as well. Again Thank you everyone for contributing to VJ.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline

FYI

I was approved on the 6th of May and today May 12th, I have not been able to obtain any status on my case. Hopefully they will issue the visa sooner rather than later.

hi,

did you get your visa? I am still waiting as AP. CEAC shows update was done on 22. Hope it changes to issues this week.

Filed: Timeline

Hey DMX,

Yes I did get my visa but note that I was filing for a K-1 visa. Also, I did not go through the 221G process. All I know is that at some point the status went from Ready to Administrative Processing to Issued. The administrative processing took about a week maybe a week and a half in after the Ready status. I think that as long as you provided the necessary information, they should issue your visa unless they have some concerns (it is hard to gauge their logic sometimes). Anyways, I regularly checked on the CEAC website, because I was able to track if they had done work on my case or not by reading 'Last Updated' date status. Can you see if any progress has been made on the CEAC website in terms of the last updated status? Best of luck to you and I hope you do not have to wait long. Fingers crossed!

jonesmiller

Timeline

Hey DMX,

Yes I did get my visa but note that I was filing for a K-1 visa. Also, I did not go through the 221G process. All I know is that at some point the status went from Ready to Administrative Processing to Issued. The administrative processing took about a week maybe a week and a half in after the Ready status. I think that as long as you provided the necessary information, they should issue your visa unless they have some concerns (it is hard to gauge their logic sometimes). Anyways, I regularly checked on the CEAC website, because I was able to track if they had done work on my case or not by reading 'Last Updated' date status. Can you see if any progress has been made on the CEAC website in terms of the last updated status? Best of luck to you and I hope you do not have to wait long. Fingers crossed!

jonesmiller

Hi Jones,

Thanks for your reply. I am checking CEAC regularly. Last update happened on May 21st and yesterday being Memorial Day can also delay things. Hope it will be issued this week :) . You are right its hard to figure out ETA on issued passport. Even though I was issued 221G Interviewing Officer mentioned to me that he is satisfied with my file as long as I provide missing documents. Which I did. Can't wait to re-unite with family. In the mean while figuring out logistics of moving etc. Best wishes to you as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi DMX! you get back your passport with visa? me too i'm in AP for missing documents, and they have my passport from May 21

2FMbp1.png

I-130 / F-2A ( Spouse of LPR ) varie_amore_10.gif

To see every step go to my Immigration Story..

02.13.2012 NOA 1 - PRIORITY DATE

11.20.2013 NOA 2 - APPROVAL DATE

03.07.2014 CASE COMPLETE

04.04.2014 INTERVIEW LETTER

05.20.2014 MEDICAL EXAMINATION

05.21.2014 INTERVIEW DATE

06.03.2014 AP...THE WAIT CAN BE FROM 1 TO 4 MONTHS...

08.08.2014 YET IN AP, STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE AT TODAY!! AUGUST 8 !! YUPPY!

08.11.2014 YET IN AP...AT TODAY HAVE PASSED 7 WEEKS (counting business days)

08.12.2014 OMG!! TODAY VISA STATUS SAY READY!!! I can't believe!!!

08.13.2014 VISA STATUS ISSUED!!!!!

08.24.25014 POE

lineacuori.gif

N-400 My hubby's Naturalization varie_amore_10.gif

PHOENIX LOCKBOX

07.14.2014 N-400 MAILED

07.17.2014 N-400 DELIVERED

07.24.2014 N-400 ACCEPTANCE CONFIRMATION LETTER

08.08.2014 FINGERPRINT LETTER

08.18.2014 FINGERPRINT APPOINTMENT DATE

28.09.2014 INTERVIEW LETTER

22.10.2014 INTERVIEW DATE

30.10.2014 OATH CERIMONY FINALLY US CITIZEN!!!!

11.07.2014 US Passport Received!

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates from either of you how long it took to be issued a visa after getting AP and submitting 221 required documents back to the embassy via loomis?

• 2 years later...
Filed: Other Timeline

We had an interview on July 19th 2016,we were issued 221 g ,I sent the original employer letter and our passports within a week,Then after 3 weeks I was asked to send more document as an evidence ,Those were also sent,it's about a month that we sent second documents.Last updated date has changed twice,first on September 7,and then Sept 15.

Does anyone has an idea how long do the consulate in Montreal takes?

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

We are in the same boat. the visa status at ceca kept updates from the same day of interview 25th, 27th and 30th to 'READY' consecutively then on OCT 31st the creation date and update both of them changed to OCT 31st then to 'ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING' and the status visa went from immigrant to nonimmigrant. Since then there is no update.

• 9 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My Canadian spouse had his interview Aug. 17 in MTL.  He was issued a 221(g) stating "Documentation of your planned employment in the U.S."  The CO returned his passport, said all else was approved and good but he needed a letter of employment.  On Aug. 18, we used the courier service to mail that and my banking & investment information as well as his bank account info (all totaling several hundred thousand USD dollars).  We did not include his passport with the documents because it did not say to and the CO did not advise us to, even said we could simply email the letter, but I'm seeing elsewhere that others mail theirs back.  Should we have included his passport? 

Also, I get the impression that his Visa would've been approved at the interview had my I-864 been the original one I submitted in Sept. 2016. The reason I kept updating the I-864 was because I was submitting the incorrect birth cert., unaware Ontario issues 2 forms, and the I-864 was part of the required list.  Thus, I did not know what part of the documents submitted were incorrect but after 6 months, they sent a letter stating it was the wrong form of his birth cert. causing the delay.  At the interview, the CO was alerted & concerned I didn't have a 2016 tax return & my most recent I-864 was dated March 2017. My CPA told me not to file a return because I spent most of the year in Ontario with my spouse, was unemployed and had no official income. Thus, had the I864 had a 2016 date and signature, it seems like it would've worked out fine. Any feedback on that? I assume at this point, an old I864 would be useless. I'm really hoping his employment letter will be enough but common sense makes me think an I864 must be correct & approved.... meaning I'll likely have to have my parents co-sponsor....?

I appreciate any advice! 

2 hours ago, KateChurchill said:

My Canadian spouse had his interview Aug. 17 in MTL.  He was issued a 221(g) stating "Documentation of your planned employment in the U.S."  The CO returned his passport, said all else was approved and good but he needed a letter of employment.  On Aug. 18, we used the courier service to mail that and my banking & investment information as well as his bank account info (all totaling several hundred thousand USD dollars).  We did not include his passport with the documents because it did not say to and the CO did not advise us to, even said we could simply email the letter, but I'm seeing elsewhere that others mail theirs back.  Should we have included his passport? 

Also, I get the impression that his Visa would've been approved at the interview had my I-864 been the original one I submitted in Sept. 2016. The reason I kept updating the I-864 was because I was submitting the incorrect birth cert., unaware Ontario issues 2 forms, and the I-864 was part of the required list.  Thus, I did not know what part of the documents submitted were incorrect but after 6 months, they sent a letter stating it was the wrong form of his birth cert. causing the delay.  At the interview, the CO was alerted & concerned I didn't have a 2016 tax return & my most recent I-864 was dated March 2017. My CPA told me not to file a return because I spent most of the year in Ontario with my spouse, was unemployed and had no official income. Thus, had the I864 had a 2016 date and signature, it seems like it would've worked out fine. Any feedback on that? I assume at this point, an old I864 would be useless. I'm really hoping his employment letter will be enough but common sense makes me think an I864 must be correct & approved.... meaning I'll likely have to have my parents co-sponsor....?

I appreciate any advice! 

Did you also attend the interview? Where are you living now, still in Ontario or are you back in the USA?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Lemonslice,

Yes, I attended the interview.  I spend most of the year in ON but keep my primary residence in Kentucky.  I have no plans to return to KY until his Visa is approved. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.