MalcomX

DV2015 statistics....

101 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I don't know what the highest issued case number was, or what the highest number return to KCC was. What I can tell you is, Iranians and those on uncompleted AP aside, everyone who wanted a visa got one. There is precedent for announcing cut offs if they will not have enough visas to satisfy demand - they did not do that. We also know they announce if they have run out of visas before FY end - they only did that for Iran. Therefore, i disagree with your conclusion that there were people who wanted visas who did not get because of their case number. We would know if that were the case.

Also, it's rubbish that you'll never be able to get a B1/B2 visa if you've demonstrated immigrant intent. I have demonstrated immigrant intent for the past 7 years and managed to not only renew my B1/B2 visa but get visas for my minor children during that time too. I have travelled to the US I think 4 times on those visas as well without a problem. The key is to be able to show them that you have enough ties to return to your home country, that you are not the type of person who will become an illegal immigrant prepared to work below minimum wage, etc. in other words that even though yes you want to immigrate, you want to do it legally and will not use a B visa to enter the country then stay illegally.

There is a formula that apportions visas among regions. Remember the aim of this is diversity, so proportionally more visas go to regions that have sent less immigrants to the US in total over the last, I think, 5 years.

Thanks for your valuable information and for taking time to reply. I really appreciate that

Just wanted to add that, form DS160 has the following question "Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf" answer to which should be "Yes" after you file DS-260 Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application after being selected for DV Lottery, the purpose of this question is to clarify applicant's intentions, intentions are difficult to measure but filing an immigration petition is a prove of intentions ( it doesn't matter whether your intentions to immigrate legally or not) intentions are fact and cannot be changed with time (just like trust, when it's lost it's lost for ever ;) ), once you have dual intentions as defined by the law you can travel to the US only with proper dual intention Visa like H1B1 but not B1/B2. The fact that you extended your Visa is more of exception than a rule. most likely applicant's request for B1/B2 will be rejected ( specially if you're from those countries with high

rate of rejection)...

For the consular employee everyone applying for non-immigrant visa is considered to be immigrant until he can prove otherwise.. you may agree with me that proving that you have strong ties to your country is much more difficult when at one point of time you were ready to break any ties to come back.

Edited by DuIllusion

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, it's all about what you can prove. I was completely truthful on my B applications about the question if anyone had ever filed a petition on my behalf. I assume the reason most people get rejected is because there is a presumption of immigrant intent unless you can prove otherwise even for an ordinary B application (.see the state.gov website, they state this clearly). I'd bet most people getting refused after this would have stood a high likelihood of being refused anyway, this would just be another nail.

And re the "breaking ties", sure but in my case it was all intended in the future (our petition was approved in 2008, with a wait of around 10 years to get current). The real question, to be blunt about it, is do they think you are a candidate for living illegally? If you have a decent job, qualifications, home etc, the answer is very likely to be no, because it's a lot to give up to go work as an illegal nanny or whatever in the US.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for your response Susie, please check AS 30-09-2013 here, look at the maximum case number for Aisa of 2013AS10682.

Now, are you saying that nobody had a case number higher than 2013AS10682? hence all the numbers where processed?

My guess that there was a lot higher case numbers than 2013AS10682 but the time was up and all where turned down.

By the way, If you file an immigration petition like DS-260 ( like when you when DV Lottery ) or Adjustment of status you'll never be able to get a B1 or B1-B2 visa to the US because it will be dual intention ( you already demonstrated immigration intentions )...that's why I want to be sure before applying ...

Purely depends on circumstances. Let's say you have a married couple who's combined income is 80k British pounds a year or a small business owner (tiny building company) and they go for B1 visa interview. Do you think that any consular officer would believe that they would rather work simple jobs illegally in the US or have a comfortable life in their home countr? All depends on ties to your home country.

So if you think that you can prove that, in case of B1 interview someday, fill the DV forms and hope for the best. Good luck.

Edited by franko

The world is governed by chance. Randomness stalks us every day of our lives.

FRANKYNUMBERVILLE ! :content:

intentions are fact and cannot be changed with time (just like trust, when it's lost it's lost for ever ;) ), once you have dual intentions as defined by the law you can travel to the US [/size]only with proper dual intention Visa like H1B1 but not B1/B2.

I missed this bit in my previous response. This is ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE and I say that from discussions with US consular officials. If on any particular trip your intention is only to visit temporarily then you have non-immigrant intentions for that trip and you are perfectly entitled to both receive and use a B visa. There is no such thing as dual intention being a permanent conditions as defined under law...

Filed: Timeline

Purely depends on circumstances. Let's say you have a married couple who's combined income is 80k British pounds a year or a small business owner (tiny building company) and they go for B1 visa interview. Do you think that any consular officer would believe that they would rather work simple jobs illegally in the US or have a comfortable life in their home countr? All depends on ties to your home country.

So if you think that you can prove that, in case of B1 interview someday, fill the DV forms and hope for the best. Good luck.

I do agree it's all about circumstances, but I think also that a married couple whose combined income is 80K British pounds are very unlikely to file an immigration petition to the US through DV Lottery and more unlikely that they get refused :), in general the rule is that majority of people who are looking to immigrate to US are looking for better life conditions as in better quality of life and standard of living if that seems to be difficult to achieve in their home countries... majority of those are from Asia, Africa , Eastern Europe,South America .. those countries count for more than half the population of the world , the law is designed taking into consideration the majority

Edited by DuIllusion

I do agree it's all about circumstances, but I think also that a married couple whose combined income is 80K British pounds are very unlikely to file an immigration petition to the US through DV Lottery and more unlikely that they get refused :), in general the rule is that majority of people who are looking to immigrate to US are looking for better life conditions as in better quality of life and standard of living if that seems to be difficult to achieve in their home countries... majority of those are from Asia, Africa , Eastern Europe,South America .. those countries count for more than half the population of the world , the law is designed taking into consideration the majority

I think you make a lot of assumptions.

I know a number of people in very comfortable circumstances who enter the lottery, and a few who've won it. Indeed there are a few such on this very forum. There are various reasons people want to move from what may seem already good conditions to the US. But, they do. As the US stupidly does not make it easy for visas based on skills like say Australia, this is one of the few options open. (You could do an EB5, but you need to be prepared to lose that money so it's an expensive option.)

Yes it is unlikely these people will get refused. However there is a possibility they run out of visas for example, the they will still have demonstrated immigrant intent.

And it's nothing to do with the law and "the majority". Each applicant is judged on a case by case basis...as my case clearly shows.

Oh man where to start - you are making inaccurate generalisations and misquoting terms faster than I can read.

OK - you keep same that people have demonstrated "dual intent". No - they have demonstrated "immigrant intent". Dual intent (as you rightly say) is for some types of visa such as H1 that allow the person to be applying for a temporary visa and at the same time be applying for a immigrant visa (LPR). I have done exactly that with no issues. Regarding the blanket statements about most people will be turned down for their future temporary visas, that is not true as others have explained.

Regarding who might be motivated to apply. This is the DIVERSITY visa - you have no idea what people want from a move. I for instance had a very nice life in the UK earning much more than 80k pa and I have options for an employment based GC or family based GC. However, DV is faster and simpler (therefore cheaper) than either of those options. My motivation for moving - the weather. So - please understand, things are rarely as black and white as you seem to believe they are...

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

Filed: Other Timeline

Oh man where to start - you are making inaccurate generalisations and misquoting terms faster than I can read.

OK - you keep same that people have demonstrated "dual intent". No - they have demonstrated "immigrant intent". Dual intent (as you rightly say) is for some types of visa such as H1 that allow the person to be applying for a temporary visa and at the same time be applying for a immigrant visa (LPR). I have done exactly that with no issues. Regarding the blanket statements about most people will be turned down for their future temporary visas, that is not true as others have explained.

Regarding who might be motivated to apply. This is the DIVERSITY visa - you have no idea what people want from a move. I for instance had a very nice life in the UK earning much more than 80k pa and I have options for an employment based GC or family based GC. However, DV is faster and simpler (therefore cheaper) than either of those options. My motivation for moving - the weather. So - please understand, things are rarely as black and white as you seem to believe they are...

OMG SirPercy is in da house!!! So vladek15425 can finally go to bed! My lovely british friend, don't make our dvholic vladek to lose that much sleep time.

OMG SirPercy is in da house!!! So vladek15425 can finally go to bed! My lovely british friend, don't make our dvholic vladek to lose that much sleep time.

Apologies. My lovely client (who cleverly negotiated a fixed rate per day for my services) seems to think I am able to work 28 hour days. I am running just to stand still....

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Just add on sussie's post:

Last year they selected 62000 from africa with cn number AF01 untill AF116000... So because of the Holes the numbers are stratched...

And so on for the other regions...

I'm starting to like the Math behind this :)

We all Live in a Yellow Submarine...

I'm starting to like the Math behind this :)

Well if you like that - don't forget that the 62k includes family - so actually there were about 35k cases within 116k case numbers. LOTS of holes.

Then a lot of people do not return their forms and some others return their forms but never show up for the interviews....

Out of the 62k selectees in AF in DV2014 they will probably end up with around 23k/24k visas.

Am just curious.whats the seccret to ypur double selection?what dates did you enter both dv2014 and 2015.?Congratulations yu r very lucky.

Lol

What about "random" do you not understand?

I know someone from my country who won two consecutive years as well. And there are plenty of people who enter year after year and never win. Because it's a random selection.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.