FZSA

I-864 + I-864A INCOME QUESTION

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Friends :

Please help me out this matter , i am totally confused and unclear

If joint sponsor file tax return with his wife , this will call total annual tax return of joint sponsor.

Then which amount should be write in Question 11 form I-864A of house hold member ?

Same amount of annual tax return of joint sponsor or the amount show on W2 or IRS of house hold member ?

Example : Joint sponsor annual income 10,000 $

his wife annual income is 10,000 $

Total annual reported as federal Tax return of the most recent for joint sponsor is 20,000 $

Total annual reported as federal Tax return of the most recent is 10,000 $ should be written in Question 11 Form i-864A ?

Please help me ......

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

When a husband and wife file these two forms they state their personal income in the current income sections, but the income from tax return will be the same for each if they are filing jointly. Take the past tax return information from line 22 of the 1040 form or "total income" from a tax return transcript.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
house hold 's income indicated on line 11 of the I-864A does not correspond to that shown on the most recent tax return and W-2(s)

Then why they are saying above statement while they have same amount as in I-864 in part 6 13a , 13b , 13c AND I-864A in question 11

Timeline
Hello

[x] _______house hold member____________________________'s income indicated

on line 11 of the I-864A does not correspond to that shown on the most recent tax return and W-2(s).

I received a checklist above , she filled I-864A form ...I dont understand which income should be write here ???

Note Joint sponsor annual tax return for most recent year 2013 is 80000 $ which is joint tax return with house hold member ..She wrote same income but got check list...Remember they just send joint tax return of 2013 .....Kindly clear me

Timeline

What kind of tax paper do you have? From a 1040, enter the number from line 22. From a tax return transcript enter the number labeled "total income". Is that the number that's already there, or is it different. Both the I-864 and I-864a should have the same dollar figures from past tax returns. The household member's personal portion of the total income goes on line 10. There are also places to state the current individual income from both the joint sponsor and household member, on the I-864.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

What kind of tax paper do you have? From a 1040, enter the number from line 22. From a tax return transcript enter the number labeled "total income". Is that the number that's already there, or is it different. Both the I-864 and I-864a should have the same dollar figures from past tax returns. The household member's personal portion of the total income goes on line 10. There are also places to state the current individual income from both the joint sponsor and household member, on the I-864.

MY SITUATION IS LIKE :::::

*my wife fill up I-864 BUT LOW INCOME

*MY JOINT SPONSOR FILL UP I-864 HIGH INCOME BUT TAX RETURN WITH HIS WIFE

*SO HIS WIFE FILL UP I-864A

MY JOINT SPONSOR INCOME IS 90,000 $ INDIVIDUAL

HIS WIFE INCOME IS 80,000 $ INDIVIDUAL

THEY FILL UP BOTH INDIVIDUAL INCOME IN INDIVIDUAL PORTION IN I-864 & I-864A RESPECTIVELY

ALSO ENTER TOTAL INCOME AS REPORTED IN FEDERAL TAX IN I-864 IN PART 6 , 13a, AS 170,000 (UNCLE + AUNTY INCOME)

AND WIFE ENTER SAME AMOUNT FIGURE IN TOTAL INCOME AS REPORTED IN FEDERAL TAX IN I-864A IN QUESTION 11 LIKE BELOW :

[x] _______house hold member____________________________'s income indicated
on line 11 of the I-864A does not correspond to that shown on the most recent tax return and W-2(s).
BUT GOT INCORRECT ?????
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY IS INCORRECT WHILE TAX RETURN IS SAME AS UNCLE AS FILL UP BOTH TOGETHER AND AMOUNT SHOULD BE SAME . ALL INCOME COMES FROM IRS TAX TRANSCRIPT.
Edited by FZSA

Timeline

Are you taking the past tax return information from the "total income" line on the tax return transcript? Please answer yes or no.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Are you taking the past tax return information from the "total income" line on the tax return transcript? Please answer yes or no.

I have 1040 IRS transcript filled by joint sponsor jointly with his wife ...

Where total income from line 22 is 170,146 and adjust gross income from line 37 is 170,146

And according to form I-864A , question 11 ( total income - Adjust gross income ) should be 170,146 ???????

Am i rite or wrong ????

now where is past tax return information ???????

Timeline

Line 11 is for past income. There is space for three years. The 170,146 goes on the top line for 2013. A similar "total income" number should appear on each of the other two lines, for 2012 and 2011.

What do you have on line 10?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Line 11 is for past income. There is space for three years. The 170,146 goes on the top line for 2013. A similar "total income" number should appear on each of the other two lines, for 2012 and 2011.

This 1040 IRS transcript is for 2012 .....not 2013 , i don't have 2010 , 2011 IRS tax Transcript.

Line 10 : Taxable refunds , Credits , or offsets of state and local income taxes is 2675

Line 11: Alimony received is empty

I have attached original IRS TRANSCRIPT with name send to NVC , please have a look

f1040.pdf

Edited by FZSA

Timeline

Edited by FZSA

Timeline

This 1040 IRS transcript is for 2012 .....not 2013 , i don't have 2010 , 2011 IRS tax Transcript.

Line 10 : Taxable refunds , Credits , or offsets of state and local income taxes is 2675

Line 11: Alimony received is empty

I have attached original IRS TRANSCRIPT with name send to NVC , please have a look

I mean what did you enter on line 10 of the I-864a?

Look at the affidavits. They both ask for information from three tax returns. Those three would be 2011, 2012 and 2013. We are well past the deadline for filing the 2013 tax return.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

I mean what did you enter on line 10 of the I-864a?

Look at the affidavits. They both ask for information from three tax returns. Those three would be 2011, 2012 and 2013. We are well past the deadline for filing the 2013 tax return.

On line 10 of I-864A individual income is 86,500 and this is current individual income of 2013 not 2012..

I know we need three year IRS transcript , but we are talking about IRS 2012 and check-list is also for IRS 2012 ....which was most recent at the time of AOS submission.

Edited by FZSA

But you will need to correct this for interview and they will require 2013 taxes.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.