2,161 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I've been following this forum since early May. USCIS received my application on April 28. However, I did not get my "Notice of Action" until May 16 (I had to call them). Received my Bio-metrics letter on May 22. I did early walk in on May 23. On June 6, I received a yellow letter saying I forgot to sign my medical form. It said that I will receive a RFE or to bring it to the interview. July 3, I received an email saying that I'm scheduled for an interview on August 5. I also have my EAD which I received July 16.

I have my AOS interview tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous, but also confident that our testimony and documents will be enough for us to show that we are legit. We've been married 10 months today.

I have the following documents that we are bringing to the interview:

Originals:

The interview letter received

Both of our Birth Certificates

Marriage Certificate

IDs

My current Passport (Don't have the one with the Visa, only a copy. Hopefully not a big deal)

My i-94

Sealed Form i-693 Medical Examination

Supporting documents for our marriage:

2011-2013 Taxes

Work Letter from Human Resources

Last two Paycheck stubs

Bank statements

Car insurance

Health Insurance

Form stating I'm the beneficiary in case she would die (HR from work)

Comcast Bill, Credit Card statement

Pictures

Copy of our Previous Lease/termination letter and our new lease agreement

Copy of both our cars registered under our names

Copy of her SSN showing her new last name

Hoping for the best tomorrow. I will update to see how it goes. I'm going to San Jose, CA office.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I've been following this forum since early May. USCIS received my application on April 28. However, I did not get my "Notice of Action" until May 16 (I had to call them). Received my Bio-metrics letter on May 22. I did early walk in on May 23. On June 6, I received a yellow letter saying I forgot to sign my medical form. It said that I will receive a RFE or to bring it to the interview. July 3, I received an email saying that I'm scheduled for an interview on August 5. I also have my EAD which I received July 16.

I have my AOS interview tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous, but also confident that our testimony and documents will be enough for us to show that we are legit. We've been married 10 months today.

Originals:

Marriage Certificate

IDs

My current Passport (Don't have the one with the Visa, only a copy. Hopefully not a big deal)

My i-94

2011-2013 Taxes

Last two Paycheck stubs

Bank statements

Car insurance

Health Insurance

Pictures

Hoping for the best tomorrow. I will update to see how it goes. I'm going to San Jose, CA office.

Good Luck!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Just curious as to what time of the day people are getting updates on when the EAD goes into production?

got an update at 3pm

You'll be fine! Let me know if they keep the certified copy of your marriage certificate (the original) I feel like I have to ask for another one because they don't want a copy. Good luck!

Hello everyone,

Originals:

Marriage Certificate

IDs

My i-94

2011-2013 Taxes

Last two Paycheck stubs

Bank statements

Car insurance

Health Insurance

Pictures

Timeline

That's what they told me too, until I got a bit upset and told the guy that I had a job offer and he said "you know what I can ask for a service request" which he did asking for my email address and he gave me a receipt number. 3 days later I got an email saying that they needed proof of my pending job offer, and my future employer didn't want to write one for me (it's complicated) anyway a few days later my husband wrote me a "pending job offer letter" with a real company saying that I would be working with him, and I also wrote a cover letter saying that we had a financial loss etc. faxed everything in the morning, and then got an update on my case status saying that my card was in production. So I don't know if it was because of the letter or just because it was meant to be that day but I would try if I were you. I did after 70 days and I had no update on my case. Check my timeline :) hope this helps. Also they don't check to see if it's real, they didn't even call him. Good luck!

Well it did no good calling USCIS, they told us to wait till August 19th which is the 90 day mark. Now it is past 75 days since NOA-1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hi Everyone, i filled out my working authorization and green card at 23th of may, i went biometric interview, but today my case change to card production!! But only with one case?

Does anyone know what does it mean? My green card arriving? or such an just working authorization?

Thanks for answers

Timeline

You have to refer to your receipt number, you should have 2 or 3 on your notice of action that you received before. It should be your employment card if you didn't have the interview for the green card yet. That means your employment card (EAD) is coming soon! Check your mailbox :)

Hi Everyone, i filled out my working authorization and green card at 23th of may, i went biometric interview, but today my case change to card production!! But only with one case?

Does anyone know what does it mean? My green card arriving? or such an just working authorization?

Thanks for answers

I will. Although I think they will only want to see the original. I'm taking a copy of each document with me again.

got an update at 3pm
You'll be fine! Let me know if they keep the certified copy of your marriage certificate (the original) I feel like I have to ask for another one because they don't want a copy. Good luck!

Just got an update. EAD/AP card in production.

Still waiting for I-485 interview date!

USCIS - 50days

I-129F Application mailed: 10-July-2013; NOA1 (hard copy): 22-July-2013; NOA2: 29-Aug-2013 (text/email)

NVC: 52 days

NVC received: 15-Oct-2013; Got case #: 16-Oct-2013(phone); In Transit: 17-Oct-2013(CEAC website)

Consulate ~ Medical - POE: 139(+) days

Consulate received: 21-Oct-2013; Packet3 forms sent to Consulate: 29-Oct-2013; Packet4 received: 04-Nov-2013

Medicals completed on 28-Jan-2014; Interview on 10-March-2014; Visa in hand: 24-Apr-2014

GC: 114 days

POE:17-May-2014; Marriage: 19-May-2014 (Got marriage certificate on the same day at Sacramento, CA); I-693 on 20-May-2014

AOS/EAD/AP sent: 22-May-2014; Reached USCIS: 26-May-2014; NOA1: 02-June-2014

Received Biometrics notice: 07-June-2014 for Biometrics on 23-June-2014, 12:00 noon; Early Walk-in Biometrics successfully completed: 12-June-2014

USCIS website AoS status changed to "testing & Interview" : 30-June-2014; EAD/AP Status "Card in production": 04-Aug-2014; USCIS website updated with interview date as 8-Sep-2014 on: 6-Aug-2014.

Received EAD/AP Combo card in mail: 11-Aug-2014

AoS Interview: 8-Sep-2014; Result: APPROVED; USCIS status changed to "card in production"; Received GC by mail: 16-Sep-2014

RoC:

Applied I-751: 14-June-16; NoA: 17-June-16; Letter received on: 22-June-16

Biometrics notice received on 30-Jun-16 ; Biometrics: 12-July-16;

Received RFE dated 04-Aug-17 on 09-Aug-2017; asked house lease or deed, utility bills if applicable, birth cert of children born to this marriage;

Responded on 15-Aug-2017; USCIS received response on 16:Aug-17; Approved: 13-Sep-17; Case Status to "New Card is mailed": 18-Sep-17; Card received in mail: 21-Sep-2017

N-400

Applied online: 12-Nov-2017; Biometrics: 06-Dec-2017; Received interview letter on 09-Oct-18; Interview at SFO: 06-Nov-2018; Approved; Oath Scheduled on 05-Dec-2018; postponed to 16-Jan2019 because of Former President Sr. Bush's funeral; Oath completed on 16-Jan-2019; Applied for US Passport (expedited) on 18-Jan-2019; received Passport : 29-Jan-2019; received NC:01-Feb-2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Thanks

Linaaliya, I heard not everyone attending a green card interview, is this correct? should maybe i get my cards both in the mail?

You have to refer to your receipt number, you should have 2 or 3 on your notice of action that you received before. It should be your employment card if you didn't have the interview for the green card yet. That means your employment card (EAD) is coming soon! Check your mailbox :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just got an update. EAD/AP card in production.

Still waiting for I-485 interview date!

Awesome, hopefully it doesn't take too long to arrive.

K1 AOS:

May 22nd: Sent away AOS package Day 1

May 27th: Notification via text/email confirming receiving package. Day 5

May 29th: NOA's recieved on 29th May Day 7

June 2nd: Biometrics appointment for June 16th arrives. Day 11

June 16th: Successful Biometrics. Day 24

Cmooooon I want my EAD/AP in production this week!! So many jobs I wanna apply for but can't :(

k1 journey <3 -

-30th oct 2013: sent I-129f package

-1st nov 2013: package arrived at lockbox

-6th nov 2013: received noa1 email/text

-8th nov 2013: alien registration number changed

-15th nov 2013: noa1 hard copy arrived

-19th nov 2013: noa2!!!!

-17th dec 2013: nvc receive

-23rd dec 2013: consulate receive

-15th jan 2014: medical done

-3rd feb 2014: found out interview date via email

-7th feb 2014: received interview letter

-14th feb 2014: interview APPROVED!!!!!! <3

-22nd feb 2014: visa in hand

-26th feb 2014: POE New York JFK

-26th feb 2014: together <333

K1 journey over! Next stop AOS! married! :D

AOS <3

-23rd may 2014 send paperwork with USPS

-26th may 2014 usps says delivered!

-2nd june 2014: NOA1 texts received

-4th june 2014: biometrics letter receive

-26th june 2014: biometrics appointment

-6th august 2014: EAD card production ordered!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I wonder how many cases are processed a day. My case number is a MSC one..

I looked back and my number is about 800-900 cases from the closest batch of recently approved ones.

You would think it would be sometime this week. If anyone has that information I think it would be helpful.

Hope I am not the only one looking up numbers around me :)

K1 AOS:

May 22nd: Sent away AOS package Day 1

May 27th: Notification via text/email confirming receiving package. Day 5

May 29th: NOA's recieved on 29th May Day 7

June 2nd: Biometrics appointment for June 16th arrives. Day 11

June 16th: Successful Biometrics. Day 24

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

Just got this email! YES! Finally. I'm so happy! I can't wait. I hope I'll get the letter for the interview soon!

I looked back and my number is about 800-900 cases from the closest batch of recently approved ones.

You would think it would be sometime this week. If anyone has that information I think it would be helpful.

No worries, I did as well haha!

k1 journey <3 -

-30th oct 2013: sent I-129f package

-1st nov 2013: package arrived at lockbox

-6th nov 2013: received noa1 email/text

-8th nov 2013: alien registration number changed

-15th nov 2013: noa1 hard copy arrived

-19th nov 2013: noa2!!!!

-17th dec 2013: nvc receive

-23rd dec 2013: consulate receive

-15th jan 2014: medical done

-3rd feb 2014: found out interview date via email

-7th feb 2014: received interview letter

-14th feb 2014: interview APPROVED!!!!!! <3

-22nd feb 2014: visa in hand

-26th feb 2014: POE New York JFK

-26th feb 2014: together <333

K1 journey over! Next stop AOS! married! :D

AOS <3

-23rd may 2014 send paperwork with USPS

-26th may 2014 usps says delivered!

-2nd june 2014: NOA1 texts received

-4th june 2014: biometrics letter receive

-26th june 2014: biometrics appointment

-6th august 2014: EAD card production ordered!!!!

I checked mine about 10 cases before and 10 cases after our number and most had cards in production or rfes. So i guess they do these at random.

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.