adinutzyc21

Case numbers (DV2015)

230 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm not an expert in AS numbers. However since I looked it up for the response above, I know that they have reached current in both 2012 and 2013. That means that all lottery winners ended up going through the interview, and unless something unexpected happened (such as they had more eligible people than they estimated), everybody who was eligible got the visa. If they follow the pattern, then your brother will get an interview probably in September next year (you should check if 2014 reaches current too by the end of the year). Good luck!

I assume you were talking to me, right ? Either way, thank you for giving me a hope. Thanks again and again and best of luck for you too :)

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your time it is really appreciated!

My case number is 2015EU00022XXX and i'm applying for AOS, already filled DS260 and paid AOS fees!

My question is when can I send my FORM I485 package?

+- April 2015 does it seem correct to you?

Thanks for your answer :yes:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

http://community.immigration.com/forums/dv-lottery.16/

Best answers and guiding!

Especially for AOS !

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Filed: Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi All

I was also selected for the DV2015 program, case number AF17xxx; am I correct that we just have to wait to (hopefully) be called for an interview? I have seen threads for previous years that say you need to apply as soon as you see the relevant figures in the visa bulletin.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

the number is 2015AS000101XX.

1. what are my chances?

2. when would you forsee i get to interview?

3. if i get the interview, how long will approval and further processing take?

I got my GC based on an F2B which later converted to an F2A. It took close to 10yrs during which I tried applying for the DV unsuccessfully. My GF who is a first time applicant got selected for DV2015! We're keeping our fingers crossed.

Hi All

I was also selected for the DV2015 program, case number AF17xxx; am I correct that we just have to wait to (hopefully) be called for an interview? I have seen threads for previous years that say you need to apply as soon as you see the relevant figures in the visa bulletin.

Thanks

What do you mean "just wait"? You need to fill in the DS260 to tell them that you want to proceed with the application. They won't schedule you for an interview without your form being submitted. If your form has been submitted in time for when your number is current you will be scheduled for an interview in that month.

Timeline

Hi Susie

Thanks for the response. Sorry, yes, the DS260 has been submitted, all the specified paperwork accumulated, police clearance and medical waiting for notification of interview etc. The instructions appear to be pretty clear in that once the DS260 has been submitted, you need to get the paperwork etc. in order and wait to be informed if/when you get an interview.

I have seen other threads referring to previous lotteries which state that you physically need to send in an application once you see your number "range" in the visa bulletin; I assume that for the 2015 lottery this is not applicable and that as per instructions, we merely have to "wait and see" (once DS260 has been submitted :o)?

An example of this is in a reply to a 2014 lottery query (http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/i-ve-selected-for-dv-2014-lottery-with-high-case-n-1253745.html):

"September: you'll need to closely follow the monthly DOS Visa Bulletin and be ready to act as soon as you see your number is current."

Many thanks

Ah ok I get it. You are doing a consular interview right? Those ones you refer to are for people doing adjustment of status in the US. You do in fact then just need to sit back and wait - you'll get your notification about 6-7 weeks before the interview. By then all that should be left is your medicals, and your police certificate.

Timeline

Ah ok I get it. You are doing a consular interview right? Those ones you refer to are for people doing adjustment of status in the US. You do in fact then just need to sit back and wait - you'll get your notification about 6-7 weeks before the interview. By then all that should be left is your medicals, and your police certificate.

Excellent, thanks Susie!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.