adinutzyc21

Case numbers (DV2015)

230 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello!

I just found out that I was selected for the DV2015 program, so I naturally got extremely excited.

I was wondering, what does the case number mean, in regards to one's chances of actually being called for the interview. My number is EU 30,800 (ish). Is that horrible? Do I stand a chance?

They said they have 50,000 visas available and they have selected 125,000 participants... I checked the visa bulletin for these current months hoping to figure this out (getting an estimate for the future) but I am not sure (those numbers there do not add up to 50,000, how does that work?).

So, what are my chances?

Thanks!

Born in Romania, been living in the US since 2007 (F1 visa)

F1 visa 2007-2011, 2011-2016 - OPT received August 25, 2014

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number EU30,7xx - Interview estimate: May/June 2015 (?) - Might try to do AOS though it looks like it might be worse this year

Timeline

Thanks! Yeah, checked the visa bulletin and they seem to have always reached that number every year since 2010 (though the years before that they didn't).

Why are so many people getting rejected? Not that I'm particularly bothered by that in this case...

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number EU30,7xx - Interview estimate: May/June 2015 (?) - Might try to do AOS though it looks like it might be worse this year

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Timeline

Yeah, thank goodness that didn't apply to me. That would have been horrible. I hope everyone who thinks they got it actually got it!

Thanks! Yeah, checked the visa bulletin and they seem to have always reached that number every year since 2010 (though the years before that they didn't).

Why are so many people getting rejected? Not that I'm particularly bothered by that in this case...

What do you mean by rejected - at interview? The most common causes are (not in order) (1) not meeting the education requirement (2) attempted visa fraud including entering into a green card marriage (3) unable to show they will not become a public charge (4) problem on original entry that disqualified them eg leaving dependent off entry, wrong country of chargeability (5) past criminal record or illegal overstay in US and still under relevant ban

Adinutzy : Actualy the abandoning is way bigger than the rejections!

Indeed, a huge amount. Partly people realising that they don't actually meet the requirements, partly people realising that the whole exercise can be quite expensive especially if you have a family, and some who just decide that they don't want to move to the US after all. I presume there are also some who just forget to check...

Timeline

I dont know if my name is supposed to be on that form or if it only appears when you get selected.

You only get a name if you get selected, sorry. They definitely don't personalize rejections (from my experience a couple of years ago). Also, if you checked today, the website should be working right.

Amazing that they screwed it up again. I think their website is run by the same team who run the other forums.

So, this is strangely 2012 like....

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Amazing that they screwed it up again. I think their website is run by the same team who run the other forums.

So, this is strangely 2012 like....

I don't think it's that different from last year. I've seen quite few posts on different forums (last May) stating that people have seen other names instead of their own but next day it all went back to normal.

And here we are anxiously awaiting next bulletin :)

Edited by franko

The world is governed by chance. Randomness stalks us every day of our lives.

FRANKYNUMBERVILLE ! :content:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.