901 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not A tailor thanks for you advises and help you always give....In my situation, they just gave me one number, should I wait for another number in their e-mail?..And how to start this final journey

You have multiple cases and they gave you one number? I'm not actually sure on this one. I don't think there's anyone else in the May thread with multiple cases. I would make a new topic and ask the general forums, because it may be that there's only one number or it may be that you'll get a number for each case. I'm sorry I can't help.

Glad I found may thead, how long till NVC assigned a case # :help:

It was 28 days for me, but I was just before Christmas. It seems to be currently between 28 and 35 days. I haven't seen anyone get the full 42. If they haven't given you a case number by the 42nd day, call USCIS and ask them exactly when your package left. Sometimes (rarely) a package gets lost in the move between USCIS and NVC so it's important to make sure NVC has received it properly.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Glad I found may thead, how long till NVC assigned a case # :help:

It was 33 days in our case, but we only found out because we had the foresight to call. The NVC have NEVER sent us unprompted correspondence. We have always had to call and make the appropriate noises.

As a handy tip, positively DO NOT wait for them to give you instruction. Call, make noise, find out your case number, read the NVC wiki on here, and you'll get through them much quicker.

29 days left of our 60 day wait for our documents to be reviewed; fingers crossed for speedy case completes for all.

Now chronicling my experience in handy blog format at

http://the-shipping-forecast.tumblr.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You have multiple cases and they gave you one number? I'm not actually sure on this one. I don't think there's anyone else in the May thread with multiple cases. I would make a new topic and ask the general forums, because it may be that there's only one number or it may be that you'll get a number for each case. I'm sorry I can't help.

It was 28 days for me, but I was just before Christmas. It seems to be currently between 28 and 35 days. I haven't seen anyone get the full 42. If they haven't given you a case number by the 42nd day, call USCIS and ask them exactly when your package left. Sometimes (rarely) a package gets lost in the move between USCIS and NVC so it's important to make sure NVC has received it properly.

Thanks Not a Tailor, I will definitly call them tomorrow to find out and also wait for their e-mail during the week. I'm surprised to get just one case number for a wife and kids.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

finally i got my case number assigned by phone at the nvc on the 9 of january and i tried to give them my email address but they said they couldnt add it because my case number was barely generated they told me to call back in a few days whats next how long until they send me the bill or anything by mail

Timeline

I also talked to NVC this morning to get my Invoice number, but the lady told me that she can't make any changes to my case right now because they are currently working on it, so I should expect to hear from them in few days. So I crossed my fingers waiting .......I have already got my case number but no IIN Invoice number....So thanks Not A tailor

Timeline

It seems to be a phone glitch, Nyala. I got the "WE ARE CLOSED" thing a couple of times, but kept calling and am now on hold. There's a thread--other people had the same thing, but are reporting that the wait times are shorter, probably because people think they are closed.

2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello guys,

I m complete with both my fees and now submitting all the AOS docs.

I have question regarding that so please any one help me.

I am showing myself as a sponsor & as well as my parents.

My parents have supported at the time of my brother in law 2 years ago.

The minimum requirement pdf form on NVC website is little confusing for me. Once my husband will be here in the US we are living ourselves as 2 pPL but currently I m showing that my parents & I are sponsoring to my husband so IS THERE TOTAL HOUSEHOLD # SHOULD BE 4?

What should be minimum requirement do I need? Is it based on current income or based on last 3 years income? Is it really 30,000 based on pdf or something different?

Do I have to show my bank account balance? I mean HOW NVC will know how much I have in bank since they are not require any proof?

Please help me. If any one can explain me this in as much detail as they can it will be really appreciate.

Timeline

Hello guys,

The minimum requirement pdf form on NVC website is little confusing for me. Once my husband will be here in the US we are living ourselves as 2 pPL but currently I m showing that my parents & I are sponsoring to my husband so IS THERE TOTAL HOUSEHOLD # SHOULD BE 4?

What should be minimum requirement do I need? Is it based on current income or based on last 3 years income? Is it really 30,000 based on pdf or something different?

Do I have to show my bank account balance? I mean HOW NVC will know how much I have in bank since they are not require any proof?

Please help me. If any one can explain me this in as much detail as they can it will be really appre

I was able to pay my AOS fees, but my reciept says I can submitt my AOS documents and other supporting documents before payin IV fees, is that right? I need help Not A Tailo and co........I'm confused now which one to do next, and my IV is not invoiced yet

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I was able to pay my AOS fees, but my reciept says I can submitt my AOS documents and other supporting documents before payin IV fees, is that right? I need help Not A Tailo and co........I'm confused now which one to do next, and my IV is not invoiced yet

I have seen atleast two VJ members who sent the IV and AOS documents just after paying the AOS fees without any problem. I think you should call NVC to confirm that. It's better to be sure. Me too thinking about to going that way once my AOS fee is invoiced and paid.

Timeline

Hello guys,

Please help me. If any one can explain me this in as much detail as they can it will be really appreciate.

If you live with your parents and are dependent upon them, then you are part of their household. If you do not, then you do not count as part of their household count.

So let's say that your parents are sponsoring your spouse. Two years ago, they sponsored another person--their sponsorship requirements are ten years of support, approximately--so this person still counts. So their household is your mum, your dad, the other sponsored person and your spouse, for a total of four. If I am reading this wrong and they did NOT sponsor another person, and there are no children left at home with your parents, then the household is Mum, Dad and your spouse. For a total of three.

If you live in any of the continental US, if you and your husband will be living alone with no dependents, according to the 2014 I-184P, then you will look at the line for a household of two, meaning you need to make $19, 662/yr in order to sponsor without any joint sponsors. If you live in Hawaii, then that number is $22 612. If you live in Alaska, then that number is $24 575. This number assumes that you are not active duty military and that you have no children or other dependents claimed on your taxes.

You do NOT need to prove your bank account balance. You need to prove your income. This means presenting a W2, an employment letter, paystubs or some other thing, along with your taxes.

You can submit all documents as soon as the AOS receipt and cover page are available to you. IV will take probably a couple weeks to be invoiced. Just make sure you print the AOS cover page twice. Write "IV Package" on the copy that goes before your civil documents.

I have seen atleast two VJ members who sent the IV and AOS documents just after paying the AOS fees without any problem. I think you should call NVC to confirm that. It's better to be sure. Me too thinking about to going that way once my AOS fee is invoiced and paid.

NVC has been repeatedly called. This is allowed, now.

March 13, 2014 Married!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.