901 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hang up the phone & dial again. Keep doing this until u hear something from other side.

Dial it right away after hanging up the phone. Do not wait or keep breaks between.

I had to do the same & I did it like 7 to 8 times continuously that & then I was able to talk to them b/c finally it did get connected.

Does anyone one know what is the APPROXIMATE processing time after receiving case #?

Does anyone one know what is the APPROXIMATE processing time after receiving case #?

Finally I spoke with someone this morning...Thank God. But no case # yet. they said it takes about 30 days from the date they receive the case from USCIS. So my case# will be generated by Jan. 1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i finally spoke to the nvc they said my case was recieved December 1 and to wait 3 weeks to call back again and get my case number and i called in spanish i only waited 15 min for them to answer should i wait 3 weeks or should i keep calling everyweek

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have been calling NVC and every time I called they told me that I will have my case # (it will take) 42 days after receiving my case.

But every where I see that it takes 30 days and even my NOA2 hard copy says that it will take 30 days. I don't know what to do.

NVC received my case on Nov 21st.

Does any one have any idea how long does it take to get visa interview or entire process till final after receiving case #?

Our 1st anniversary is coming on Feb. & I am dying to see my Hubby :cry:

Any one who been trough the process please let me know if I can complete any paper work in advance so my case doesn't go more delay.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

HI I GOT MY NA2 PPROVE YESTERDAY AND TODAY RECEIVE A EMAIL MY CASE HAS BEEN SENT TO NATIONAL VISA CENTER , WHAST NEXT HOW DO I PAY THE NEXT FEES AND DO I NEED A ATTORNEY. Do i have to wait for the visa number to be assign.

Timeline

HI I GOT MY NA2 PPROVE YESTERDAY AND TODAY RECEIVE A EMAIL MY CASE HAS BEEN SENT TO NATIONAL VISA CENTER , WHAST NEXT HOW DO I PAY THE NEXT FEES AND DO I NEED A ATTORNEY. Do i have to wait for the visa number to be assign.

Yes you have to wait now. Start calling NVC after two weeks from your NOA2 date and ask whether they have recieved your case file or not. Then call once every week untill you get the case number and iin assigned.

I have been calling NVC and every time I called they told me that I will have my case # (it will take) 42 days after receiving my case.

But every where I see that it takes 30 days and even my NOA2 hard copy says that it will take 30 days. I don't know what to do.

NVC received my case on Nov 21st.

Does any one have any idea how long does it take to get visa interview or entire process till final after receiving case #?

Our 1st anniversary is coming on Feb. & I am dying to see my Hubby :cry:

Any one who been trough the process please let me know if I can complete any paper work in advance so my case doesn't go more delay.

Keep your Affidavit of support documents and Iv packet documents ready. Do not worry. you will have your case number assigned within 3-4 weeks from the date of noa2.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thanks i hope everything happen soon my wedding ann is mar 19, i hope my wife is here by them inshla thanks i will just wait two weeks now and find out thanks

Timeline

thanks i hope everything happen soon my wedding ann is mar 19, i hope my wife is here by them inshla thanks i will just wait two weeks now and find out thanks

Wish you will have your wife by your side as soon as possible.

I find it crazy there are still people in this thread without an NOA2...

Now chronicling my experience in handy blog format at

http://the-shipping-forecast.tumblr.com/

Timeline

Yes you have to wait now. Start calling NVC after two weeks from your NOA2 date and ask whether they have recieved your case file or not. Then call once every week untill you get the case number and iin assigned.

Keep your Affidavit of support documents and Iv packet documents ready. Do not worry. you will have your case number assigned within 3-4 weeks from the date of noa2.

Hey Ritbiv,

Thank you for the reply.

Can you please explain in detail about affidavit of support documents & IV packet?

What kind of documents are there? I mean list of those documents.

OR

Can you please send me a link where I can check that list & be ready with that.

Do you know how long it will take once the case # assigned?

Timeline

Hey Ritbiv,

Thank you for the reply.

Can you please explain in detail about affidavit of support documents & IV packet?

What kind of documents are there? I mean list of those documents.

OR

Can you please send me a link where I can check that list & be ready with that.

Do you know how long it will take once the case # assigned?

Here is the link for the whole NVC process. Read carefully.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

This is the link to official website: Documents the Applicant Must Submit to the NVC

Once the case number is assigned the process will take about 2.5 to 3 months without checklist. If there is a checklist then it will take longer. Read the above two links carefully to avoid any checklist.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.