901 posts in this topic

I know..but when you have $421.85 in your checking account and your waiting for the $420 check for I-130 fee to clear your praying for netflix etc. not to debit your account...lol

I was quite relieved...HAHA!

I could imagine! Cutting it quite fine there...

Now chronicling my experience in handy blog format at

http://the-shipping-forecast.tumblr.com/

Hi guys,

Some bad news for those of us with the Nebraska Service Center. I've checked the processing dates and it looks like the processing times have skyrocketed by two months. It's now the slowest performing Service Center of the four. I think a lot of I-130s have been routed and transferred there, and I've seen another K1 thread that suggests 129Fs are being transferred there too for fiancé visas.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/times

Anyone have any further info? I think I've officially given up on getting there in time for Christmas. Time to start planning a job for when I make the move to Wales!

Edited by shippingforecast

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

DAMMIT! Ah well. Maybe the wait time will go back down. Maybe we'll get lucky. *sighs* I just have to keep reminding myself. This time last year, this journey was impossible for me. I was never going to get to live with her. Now it is, however long it takes.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

DAMMIT! Ah well. Maybe the wait time will go back down. Maybe we'll get lucky. *sighs* I just have to keep reminding myself. This time last year, this journey was impossible for me. I was never going to get to live with her. Now it is, however long it takes.

If it can go up that quick, it can come down just as quick too. PMA my friend... PMA. Someday we'll laugh about this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh, I doubt I'll ever laugh about it, but one day it will be a distant memory. I just want to go hooooooooome.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Sent my I-130 package via mail on May 24th to Phoenix lockbox. USPS delivery confirmation states package got delivered on May 27th. Haven't received NOA1 yet :-( Signed up for Text/Email notification also. Any advice on approximate date for NOA1 please ?

Hi everyone,

Sent my I-130 package via mail on May 24th to Phoenix lockbox. USPS delivery confirmation states package got delivered on May 27th. Haven't received NOA1 yet :-( Signed up for Text/Email notification also. Any advice on approximate date for NOA1 please ?

About 7 - 9 days at the moment, dependent on where it's routed to;

http://www.visajourney.com/content/ir1cr1historical

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Hey i mailed my packet on may 22nd and i just received my email/text NOA1. I got it today May 30 at 12:05am. Didnt think i would get a email and text at midnight i was shocked but overall it looks like its taking roughly 8 days for a response. You will get it either tomorrow or monday. Maybe even this weekend. But its coming.

Edited by brandon86

Completely agree with Gondola on that, although it's a way off there's plenty more to pay and prepare for. I've pretty much completed my NVC package now, just need my immunisation records for my medical and I think I. Have everything prepped.

I'm other news, today is the second day I've had norovirus so I'm cooped up in my bed, vomiting every few hours... So tired!

You should both add this info into your timelines to help out with processing data and stats.

I added the info in the timeline... How much time takes to received the NOA2?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone,

our I130 was recieved by USCIS on 22nd. Got email and text notification on 26th night. The email stated to wait for 7 to 10 days for hardcopy of NOA1.

I added the info in the timeline... How much time takes to received the NOA2?

That's the subject of much speculation. The USCIS processing timeframe is within five months. Current processing times from NOA1 to NOA2 are listed here;

http://www.visajourney.com/content/ir1cr1historical

Though again this isn't 100% accurate due to incomplete timelines and as another member on this thread pointed out, VJ members representing only a very small proportion of visa applicants.

Just another update for those of you at Nebraska, according to the processing stats it seems like we were just experiencing a temporary spike of some kind; it's since fell back to 150 days for I-130 processing and is now the fastest center again.

I think the lesson we can take from this, considering that the information changed so drastically over the course of are days, is not to put too much confidence into the the circumstances of others. Hopefully we'll all receive our approvals within the 5 month window.

Hope you're all well today!

HI all,

Finally had some time to do more than just troll the posts looking at everyone else's notes and thought I'd jump into the right month's post. :)

We got our NOA1 on 5/12/14 for Nebraska (like almost everyone else in this thread), so fingers crossed that they speed things up a bit. The hubby is in the UK and the only good thing is that I travel there for work a LOT, so get to see him more than most people on here do. After reading some of these threads, as much as I hate how long this is going to take, at least I can consider myself lucky enough to see him in person every few weeks for 3-4 weeks at a time.

Good luck all! Can't wait to have him here with me in Dallas!!!

Mar 2014 - Married

5/7/14?? - Attorney mailed paperwork

5/15/14 DHS cashed check

5/19/14 - NOA1 received with PD 5/12/14

10/17/14 - NOA2 received

10/28/14 - Email received that file has been sent to NVC

11/13/14 - NVC received file

12/10/14 - NVC Assigned case number

12/12/14 - AOS Fee Invoiced

12/13/14 - Submit email to NVC to remove attorney as DS-261 Agent

12/16/14 - AOS Fee showing as Paid

12/17/14 - IV Fee invoiced

12/20/14 - IV fee available and paid

12/27/14 - DS-260 submitted

1/2/15 - AOS and IV packages sent to NVC

1/5/15 - USPS delivered packages to NVC

1/7/15 - NVC scanned in packages. Let the countdown begin...

1/30/15 - FINALLY got a reply to my email to remove the attorney from the DS-261

3/9/15 - Called NVC and they have checklisted us for an "incorrect" decree absolute from the UK, even though it is the legal official document. Have requested a supervisor review.

4/28/15 - Called and NVC said supervisor had reviewed and now claimed that the decree absolute was not included. After disagreeing with the less than helpful lady on the phone, and her not being able to get the review time right. (She kept changing her story between 42 days and 30 days).

4/30/15 - Sent the same copy of the decree absolute to the NVC from the UK, highlighting the "decree absolute" wording with a letter stating that this is the only document provided by the UK government.

5/6/15 - Scan date for checklist received.

6/5/15 - Case complete!!!

6/12/15 - Called and interview is scheduled for July 1!

6/14/15 - Received email with interview date and instructions.

6/19/15 - Case showing as ready on CEAC.

7/1/15 - Approved at interview!!!

7/6/15 - CEAC changed to Administrative Processing

7/7/15 - CEAC changed to Issued!!!!!

7/10/15 - Passport and packet delivered!

7/29/15 - Husband entered with visa at Dallas/Fort Worth airport

9/29/15 - GC delivered!!!

5/4/17 - ROC packet sent via USPS

5/9/17 - Tracking shows delivered

5/17/17 - Check cashed

5/19/17 - NOA1 received with date of 5/8/17

5/27/17 - Biometrics appt received 6/8/17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.