901 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

will the uscis e-mail me when nvc has recieved my case or do i have to call ?

I think if you wait the NVC will definitly contact by e-mail, but we can't wait. Ask Not A tailor

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We still have got no communication from NVC and they received our case almost ten days ago. I suspect they do not contact until they have generated case number.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Timeline

I called every 2-3 days until they said 'yes, we have it.' It took 22 days for them to have it.

2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

Timeline

The number is googleable--I don't have it handy. Just google national visa center contact number. Or, alternatively, click on the guide section at the top of the page.

Your lawyer is not going to call. Your lawyer will probably make your case go more slowly because yo uhave to bring documents to her, she has to process them then send them in rather than you sending them in yourself. She is not as invested in this as you are and is not going to take extra time to be on the phone for an hour at a time to see if they have your case yet.

They send contact when you get a case number, not before. To learn anything before that, you must call them directly, as I understand it. My wife and I, however, are doing this all ourselves and we have no lawyer, so I cannot say for certain.

March 13, 2014 Married!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Don't bother trying today. I tried about 2 hours ago and they were already closed for the holiday...

Thanks for the reminder, we didn't call on that day and was planning to call today but NVC just emailed us our case# woohooooo!!

Timeline

Thanks for the reminder, we didn't call on that day and was planning to call today but NVC just emailed us our case# woohooooo!!

Lucky. We were approved just two days after you, but it took 22 days for NVC to receive our case, even though it was shipped out from USCIS only four days later. NVC is currently saying it will take 42 days for us to receive a case number. I'm really discouraged and very irritated, especially since my wife has hurt her ankle badly and needs to wear a brace and is supposed to stay off her feet and is having to deal with walking the dog and house hunting on her injured ankle. NVC is such a crapshoot, it seems.

March 13, 2014 Married!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Some one please help me.

I been trying to call NVC since last week.

I called them last week Monday to Wednesday since they were close for holidays.

I called them back on this Monday & yesterday (Tuesday) but phone line is keep coming engaged.

Why is this happening? Its been already 35 days & I don't know if they received my case or if they have my email address or not.

USCIS send me an email for my NOA1 but there was no email response for NOA2. I did received hard copy of NOA 2 35 days ago.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help.

I even emailed NVC about their phone service & my case # but no reply there either.

You've to keep redialing until you hear something on the other hand. Try calling in the evening time, you don't have to break your fingers at that time.

They will send you email notice as well as hardcopy once they have a case number for you. Sometimes it does take longer to receive the hard copy. So keep checking your email, if you've given it to them on your previous calls to them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

OMG I started calling NVC but their line is always busy or engaged...whats the matter? Any body has the answer?

Hang up the phone & dial again. Keep doing this until u hear something from other side.

Dial it right away after hanging up the phone. Do not wait or keep breaks between.

I had to do the same & I did it like 7 to 8 times continuously that & then I was able to talk to them b/c finally it did get connected.

Does anyone one know what is the APPROXIMATE processing time after receiving case #?

Does anyone one know what is the APPROXIMATE processing time after receiving case #?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.