Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2014

6,606 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Oh no, don't say that. My wife and I also have some really bad days. In a long distance relationship it's so easy to just hang up the phone after a fight. I also believe that most of our fights would wind down if we were together face to face to see our body language or to just hug each other and dissipate the situation. However, since we are apart, communication and discussion are crucial. We give some time to cool off and then talk about the fight. I have learned so much about my wife this way. We often realize our fights are due to misunderstandings like she took my tone of voice the wrong way, or I thought she meant something different than what she intended, etc. I hope this helps a little. Cheer up! :goofy:

Oh, that is a tricky one. When I started my AOS packets for my wife and stepdaughter I researched the same issue in VJ, other websites, and asked at least 3 different NVC reps. I never got a solid definite answer, so I used my common sense (I know, dangerous thing to do in this process):

In my wife's AOS, I put her as the principal immigrant and then added 1 for other dependents (my stepdaughter). In my stepdaughter's AOS, I put my stepdaughter is the principal immigrant and then added 1 for my spouse. This way each application showed a total of 3 household members, which is the accurate number of family members that would be supported by my income. In my case, just myself, wife and stepdaughter.

Is your friend the sole sponsor or is he using a co-sponsor? Only asking because if he is the only sponsor and using just his earned income, then he could still fill out the I864EZ for each one (wife and daughter each have their own visa petition). Shorter, easier form = less headaches :)

This is a very difficult situation for both sides as you well know. I'm not privy to details but you both need to try and take a deep breath think before you speak because it's easy at least for me to just react. This kind of stress tears people apart and may be the reason they do this to us, just a guess. So at least one side needs to be able to stay calm and not react. Not an easy thing to do but someone has to do it.

I don't think he is sick of you at all just stressed and men have a tendency to not tell us what is going on, on their side. I think the art of talking to a man specially when asking a question is asking it then being quiet until they answer. Men unlike us take their time and think for the most part before they answer, don't interrupt just wait. It works for me and my husband and we rarely get upset with each other. I wish you well and I'll keep you in my very long payer list. God bless you and your loved ones. (F)(L)(F)

Thanks Guys!!! i'll keep doing my part and just hope for the best. I definitely think this wouldn't happen in person because I don't know how many times I've been over and for months at a time, and any misunderstanding get resolved quickly. I think we're both frustrated with not getting the interview date that's probably causing more fights. Thank you soooooo much. I just needed to vent and make sure our situation wasn't unique. Your words of encouragement really helped me :) I'll be praying for both of you also :goofy:

Alright folks, June thread has been posted: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498764-nvc-filers-june-2014/

As always, please make your way on over. This thread will be closed in the next few days.

This isn't like the USCIS threads where you stay with the same group the entire time. Everyone moves to the current month, which is now June. Hope to see you all there :)

And stop talking so much in the new one :P We're over 400 pages in this May one :lol:

Oh, and most importantly: please read post 1!!! It's a weekend so most of you should have time to do this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sweet! You are almost done with this mess Lakehouse! Congrats!! :dancing: :joy:

[...]

Thank you so very much :luv:

Lately the hubby and me have been having some real bad fights (over the phone) I feel as though he is getting sick of me. I wish I get the interview soon because it would suck to have come this far and for nothing :(

Fighting over the phone leaves so few ways to resolve the argument... no hugs, no touching, not seeing each other's eyes... no way to inject some tiny humor and see the corner of their mouth turn up with the beginnings of a smile.

Hold tight to knowing your love lies deeper than the emotions or arguments of the day.

Hugs to you :wub:

Hi

I am still very confused about the whole process, and still after reading Saylins wiki I just cannot get my head around this whole process (and it makes me feel dumb)

Here is where we are at.

We have our case number, and we paid the $88 fee about a week ago. After a few days of waiting, I worked out where the AOS forms (I-864) were and we printed them off.

Now it seems that seeing both my wife (who is the USC) and myself are both together in Australia, we are very confused as to what we are meant to do with Part 6 of the form. She is currently employed in Australia, so should we be filling in Part 6 with her Australian income and job?

Will this income be taken into account?

It makes sense that it doesn't, but I can't find anything that tells us one way or the other.

The other thing I can't find any information on is when I am able to pay the Part IV fees. Am I able to access whatever form I need to complete before we pay this fee, and what things will I need to lodge with the fee (like a police certificate, and can I get this now or does it have to be obtained within a certain timeframe in regard to the filing of my visa application).

Thanks

The foreign income won't be helpful on the AOS and from other poster's who have placed it as current income, I recall them having issues with proving that income or something. Hopefully whomever it was is still around to answer that.

The only way that income is counted is if it will continue once inside the US. So I suggest using '0'.

As for you other question, just for clarity, they're called IV fees (immigrant visa), not part IV :) You get invoiced for those once your DS-261 is accepted, both of which seem to be taking longer this month due to the back-log at NVC.

You can prepare using Saylin's wiki and other guides and information you'll dig up here on VJ, which I'm sure you've already done, and you can prepare for the DS-260 by referring to this:

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DS-260%20Exemplar.pdf

good luck :thumbs:

How awesomely AWESOME!!! Congratulations!

Thankies, again (as I caught the other on the Interview thread :D )

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Thank you!! Something about you is unforgettable, may you continue to radiate energy to all you encounter in this life and the next :dance:

Lakehouse,

Congratulations for your CC and interview date!!!

We sent checklist reply via email (EP) on April 30th but still no response. NVC is approving paper based cases of May 6th but have not uploaded/reviewed our email of April 30th. Did you do EP or snail mail?

Congratulations once again!!!

Jag

Thanks so much! We did snail mail :D

I'm now so glad we did as the costs of mailing definitely outweighed the confusion most Canadian EP'ers seem to be going through.

Congrats to smoddydana, Lakehouse, etrangais, Missing_My_Amor and everyone celebrating good news this weekend! :luv:

I'm feeling a bit heavy hearted this morning, and listening to this song which probably doesn't help. Hugs and good vibes to everyone still waiting in limbo. Thinking of all you immigration warriors, wishing you speedy weekends and good news come Monday.

Beautiful song and Thanks! It won't be long till I'm withinin shouting distance ;):dance:

"If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you."

"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Beneficiary - Applying for CR1/IR1 (but also played the K3 card prior to understanding it may be phased out.)

2013: July 20: I-130 sent (Chicago lockbox)

July 24: I-130 NOA1

July 24: I-129F sent (Dallas Lockbox)

Aug 2: I-129F NOA1

Aug 12: Alien Registration Number was changed, I-129F.

2014: Jan 28/29/30: - 3 transfer notices for I-130 and I-129F.

Feb 3 - Hard copy arrived -Notice of transfer to Texas stating Jan 29th.

Feb 10 - NOA2

Feb 27 - email stating I-130 being sent to NVC from TSC.

March 6 -NVC received our case.

April 7 - CASE NUMBER yay! IIN and BIN obtained and email given.

April 9 - DS261 available and filled in online.

April 9 - AOS not yet payable but visible.

April 10 - email regarding NVC case number and access to DS261 received/ email regarding AOS received and paid.

April 11 - AOS sent by snail mail.

April 14 - AOS arrived per mail tracking.

April 15 - IV bill received via email, IV bill paid/ in process, IV package sent.

April 18 - IV bill showing paid/ DS-260 available and done!

- AOS scanned into their system.

April 21 - IV package arrived per mail tracking.

April 24 - IV scanned into their system.

May 2 - False checklist for IV documents= AOS approval.

May 13 - NVC rep reported ? missing Police certificate via my phone call.

- Supervisor review initiated.

May 14 - Checklist for Police certificate came via email.

- Sent checklisted documentation priority post!

May 15 - Package delivered per mail tracking.

May 19 - Case COMPLETE!! Police certificate found by NVC:)

May 28 - Case complete email arrived.

May 30 - Assigned Interview date!

June 2 - Interview letter arrived via email.

June 11- Medical appointment Surrey, BC

July 8 - Interview in Montreal!! APPROVED!!!!!!!! July 10 - Visa package and passport in hand!! July 23 - POE!!

Hi jjep.com, you are correct. One AOS fee, two separate I-864 packets. Make sure each packet has its own set of documents.

Good luck!

thanks for the help! do i need different co sponsor for each packet? or just the same?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Oh, that is a tricky one. When I started my AOS packets for my wife and stepdaughter I researched the same issue in VJ, other websites, and asked at least 3 different NVC reps. I never got a solid definite answer, so I used my common sense (I know, dangerous thing to do in this process):

In my wife's AOS, I put her as the principal immigrant and then added 1 for other dependents (my stepdaughter). In my stepdaughter's AOS, I put my stepdaughter is the principal immigrant and then added 1 for my spouse. This way each application showed a total of 3 household members, which is the accurate number of family members that would be supported by my income. In my case, just myself, wife and stepdaughter.

Is your friend the sole sponsor or is he using a co-sponsor? Only asking because if he is the only sponsor and using just his earned income, then he could still fill out the I864EZ for each one (wife and daughter each have their own visa petition). Shorter, easier form = less headaches :)

You are my hero. Thank you for making this clearer. I thought so but was confusing myself. he had shown me his I-864 and was double counting and had me all messed up. Now I am all versed on this. Phew.

Thank you Thank you. God bless you. (L) (I think a good nights sleep and coffee also help my clarity. ) :goofy:

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Hey when you get Case complete come on over to the July Interviews fill out form and introduce and mingle.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498772-july-2014-interviews/

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Alright folks, June thread has been posted: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498764-nvc-filers-june-2014/

As always, please make your way on over. This thread will be closed in the next few days.

This isn't like the USCIS threads where you stay with the same group the entire time. Everyone moves to the current month, which is now June. Hope to see you all there :)

And stop talking so much in the new one :P We're over 400 pages in this May one :lol:

Oh, and most importantly: please read post 1!!! It's a weekend so most of you should have time to do this.

Hey Sweety. here we go. July already wow. Interview announcements started Wednesday.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498772-july-2014-interviews/

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm in the same holding pattern as Life, Lucy, and Love. Oh, and LindyStephan.... what is it with the Ls?

I called tonight and got Ariel, and immediately told her I was calling on Skype, since they get nervous if it sounds like we are on speakerphone. She said nothing was new, it would take 30 days, and I could tell she was reading from a prepared script. (May 9 checklist scan).

So I put on my most pitiful voice, and asked her what the protocol was when the NVC reviewer had mistakenly interpreted a requirement. I mewled (love that word) that Australia only requires one Police Certificate, and that it was totally impossible to give NVC what it thought it needed. I said that our file had everything complete at the end of April, and here we were a month later, and that we'd be there for 20 years if someone didn't take a look at the file to see that the PCC request was a mistake.

She actually listened. And she put me on hold for a long time. And she came back and kept talking about the Queensland PCC, which I told her had been applied for and would be sent directly to the Embassy. She said that was fine. And then I said, why isn't our case complete then?

And she told me she was referring it to a supervisor.

Honestly - why didn't the first two representatives I asked for supervisor review do this?

Anyway, even though I don't have the news I want, I was thankful that someone finally listened to my sob story. I think being confused and asking questions makes them more human sometimes.

I don't think it is going to make any difference time-wise - as our mail would have been opened next week anyway, but honestly - if a supervisor looked at the file, it would be complete.

The only thing that was unfortunate was the Ariel read me the instructions they have: that you need an Australian police certificate from your state of residence AND ANY OTHER STATE WHERE YOU HAVE LIVED FOR MORE THAN SIX MONTHS. This is the the "incorrect" bit. It's their own d@MN*D instructions that are incorrect.

So why aren't any other NSW/QLD Aussies getting slapped with this????? Have all the other Aussies only lived in one state their whole lives? I cannot believe that.

Anyway - that's my status report. May 9th scanned input is still not being dealt with. But maybe I'll get good news soon.

Sukie (now in Australia)

The request for unattainable documents is really messed up... I'm really sorry about that. I was wondering if it'd be worth it contacting the embassy/consulate about the incorrect instructions NVC has (act confused and ask questions :)). Maybe they'll correct it for future folks... Maybe they'll give you a break and schedule your interview earlier?!!!! Wishful thinking, I know, but, who knows... :)

Saylin's wiki: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

DS260 Word format (I created based on screenshots Jan/Mar 2014): http://www.mediafire.com/view/?a5xs2cvq92ev9qp

USCIS

NOA1 - 7/24/2013

Transfer to CSC - 1/14/2014

NOA2 - 1/24/2014

NVC

Case Received at NVC - 2/4/2014

Case/ Invoice Numbers Received - 3/12//2014

AOS and IV fees invoiced and paid - 3/14/2014

AOS mailed - 3/20

AOS received at NVC - 3/25

IV docs mailed - 4/1 (meeting with lawyer 4/7)

DS260 submitted - 5/1 (Husband called NVC 5/7 and was told docs/AOS were received and would take 30 days from DS260 submission to complete review)d

Case Complete!!!! - 5/22

Interview scheduled for July 18 - 5/29 APPROVED!!!!!

Review of interview: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=14872

Timeline

Oh trust me, I know that September is the cheapest. But I'm a school teacher and can't fly anywhere unless it's in the summer or a week during Spring Break. So that's not an option. My point is that I want to go meet him as soon as I can instead of waiting around here until his interview. I don't work in the summer. So I don't want to be here without him.

Yeah... It's tough because the high season is exactly school break... If you have a bit of flexibility, look up early June flights to leave (oh, just realized, it is early June now - never mind...). Maybe July 4th (whoever is traveling for the holiday would have left already). After August 15th they tend to get better deals as well. Also look for flights leaving Tuesdays or Wednesdays. Depending on the destination, weekend flights have good prices, like Saturday night or Sunday. I've also heard buying tickets mid-week is better; weekends are not so good. I hope you find something more affordable.

DS260 Word format (I created based on screenshots Jan/Mar 2014): http://www.mediafire.com/view/?a5xs2cvq92ev9qp

USCIS

NOA1 - 7/24/2013

NOA2 - 1/24/2014

NVC

AOS mailed - 3/20

DS260 submitted - 5/1 (Husband called NVC 5/7 and was told docs/AOS were received and would take 30 days from DS260 submission to complete review)d

Case Complete!!!! - 5/22

Review of interview: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=14872

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Welcome and Congrats ! Start off by reading the NVC wiki in the first post of this thread. You can add your name to the spread sheet too. There is a link for adds and updates.

Saylin will probably start a new thread today or tomorrow so make sure you hop over there. The NVC process starts a new thread every month. Its not like the USCIS process where you stick with the month you filed.

It will be easier to keep up with this thread when the new one starts.

Thanks, lovemytico - so, you're saying I should probably join the June NVC thread?? Makes sense.

I'm reading that everything is done via email at NVC. How do I know when our case has been received at NVC?? Do I need to keep checking the USCIS website where my case status was?? They have all my email addresses.

We have an immigration lawyer, but I'm following everything very closely to make sure she's on it as soon as anything happens. I think she has everything ready to go for NVC, but I know it's about a month before we get a case number.

I'm excited and terrified that it's all going to really happen now!!

Peace.

Timeline

yay!!

And... 54 minutes on hold to hear.... INTERVIEW DATE!! woooot woooot! July 8

AND I should be signing the contract for my house sale tonight too, so a doubly bonus day!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Awesome news!!! Congratulations!!!

USCIS

NOA1 - 7/24/2013

NOA2 - 1/24/2014

NVC

AOS mailed - 3/20

Case Complete!!!! - 5/22

Timeline

I'm in the same holding pattern as Life, Lucy, and Love. Oh, and LindyStephan.... what is it with the Ls?

I called tonight and got Ariel, and immediately told her I was calling on Skype, since they get nervous if it sounds like we are on speakerphone. She said nothing was new, it would take 30 days, and I could tell she was reading from a prepared script. (May 9 checklist scan).

So I put on my most pitiful voice, and asked her what the protocol was when the NVC reviewer had mistakenly interpreted a requirement. I mewled (love that word) that Australia only requires one Police Certificate, and that it was totally impossible to give NVC what it thought it needed. I said that our file had everything complete at the end of April, and here we were a month later, and that we'd be there for 20 years if someone didn't take a look at the file to see that the PCC request was a mistake.

She actually listened. And she put me on hold for a long time. And she came back and kept talking about the Queensland PCC, which I told her had been applied for and would be sent directly to the Embassy. She said that was fine. And then I said, why isn't our case complete then?

And she told me she was referring it to a supervisor.

Honestly - why didn't the first two representatives I asked for supervisor review do this?

Anyway, even though I don't have the news I want, I was thankful that someone finally listened to my sob story. I think being confused and asking questions makes them more human sometimes.

I don't think it is going to make any difference time-wise - as our mail would have been opened next week anyway, but honestly - if a supervisor looked at the file, it would be complete.

The only thing that was unfortunate was the Ariel read me the instructions they have: that you need an Australian police certificate from your state of residence AND ANY OTHER STATE WHERE YOU HAVE LIVED FOR MORE THAN SIX MONTHS. This is the the "incorrect" bit. It's their own d@MN*D instructions that are incorrect.

So why aren't any other NSW/QLD Aussies getting slapped with this????? Have all the other Aussies only lived in one state their whole lives? I cannot believe that.

Anyway - that's my status report. May 9th scanned input is still not being dealt with. But maybe I'll get good news soon.

Sukie (now in Australia)

Okay Sukie this is what you do. You are going to send NVC an email and in the Subject line with your Case# you will write "Unobtainable Documents"

You will tell your story and how long you been dealing with this mess and request that your case be completed and you will have the embassy deal with it.

NVC has this unwritten rule that after 2 months they will let you go. IF you ask but you have to have the right wording.

Remember NVC is just an intake document center and don't approve anything just accept and they will gladly pass you on to the embassy.

Give it a shot. And yes I did do this. All I sent to NVC was a marriage license and the DS-230 back in 2013.

Give it a whirl. Report back what they say.

ROC I-751

N-400

I know when you send in the IV packet you need to include the certified divorce decree, but can anyone tell me if you need to include the previous marriage certificate as well? (I know to include the current marriage cert.)

Thanks for any help!

s-event.png

12/13/2007: Married

USCIS

05/30/13 : I-130 Priority Date

06/04/13 : NOA1 NBC

12/30/13 : Case transferred to NSC

03/20/14 : NOA2

NVC

04/04/2014: NVC received case

05/05/2014: Case number assigned with IIN/BIN

10/06/2014: CASE COMPLETE!!

10/14/2014 ? Interview scheduled?

10/16/2014 Received P4Letter email; Case Left NVC - In transit on 18th - Delivered on 19 Nov 2014

10/20/2014: Medical

11/06/2014: Interview - APPROVED!!

11/13/2014: Pick up Visa

11/14/2014: Planned POE - Dallas

Timeline

I know when you send in the IV packet you need to include the certified divorce decree, but can anyone tell me if you need to include the previous marriage certificate as well? (I know to include the current marriage cert.)

Thanks for any help!

The beneficiary only needs to attach their divorce decree not previous marriage. They want to be sure you are divorce. Only the beneficiary documents here at NVC though. And of course the current marriage certificate.

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.