Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2014

6,606 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Just checking in got a checklist today for IV documents. Documents we're sent on Monday overnight.

I assume there not scanned in yet. I was soooo nervous when I called I forgot to ask if she saw it in the system.

She said the ASO was accepted that was sent on 4/22 overnight and scanned in on 4/24

All there waiting for is the Iv documents and to review the DS260 and the standard line give them 30 days

That's no problem. I can deal with waiting 30 days.

I know it won't take 30 days but if so im prepared.

Best of luck to everyone!!!!!

Nice. Congrats. I think its false checklist.

Edited by mmaarreekk

NBC - CSC (I-130) (220 DAYS)

7/18/2013 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox
7/22/2013 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox
7/25/2013 - NOA1 e-mail received (MSC Case Number)

8/05/2013 - Received NOA1 hardcopy
1/08/2014 - Transfered from NBC to CSC
1/16/2014 - (transfer) hardcopy received
2/08/2014 - RFE response sent
2/27/2014 - NOA2 e-mail received (Case approved)
3/10/2014 - Received NOA2 hardcopy

NVC
3/10/2014 - NVC received
4/11/2014 - Case# generated, DS-261 COMPLETED
4/21/2014 - DS-261 accepted, AOS and IV Fee PAID
4/22/2014 - AOS and IV package mailed to NVC
4/25/2014 - DS-260 COMPLETED
4/28/2014 - AOS and IV package received by NVC
5/21/2014 - False checklist for AOS.. IV package accepted
5/28/2014 - Checklist for I-864A
6/02/2014 - Checklist for I-864A delivered

6/05/2014 - Checklist for I-864A scanned
7/11/2014 - Case Complete !!!!!
7/31/2014 - Interview date (9/02/2014) - rescheduled on 8/29/2014

Embassy
8/07/2014 - Embassy Received
8/12/2014 - Medical (Done)
8/29/2014 - Interview

9/01/2014 - Visa in hand
9/07/2014 - POE

Removing Conditions

6/11/2016 - Filed (CSC)

6/17/2016 - NoA

6/26/2016 - Letter with bio. appt.

7/13/2016 - Biometrics

4/--/2017 -

I've been thinking this as I followed this thread lately, too. There's so much negativity here recently and much of it comes from obsessive phone calls with long wait times and less-than-charming operators. I don't personally understand why multiple calls per day is a good use of time, simply because knowing a status for example 6 hours sooner than you might've won't make any difference to your case processing. Obviously it's a personal decision, but I feel bad for everyone involved -- both on our end and NVC's. This isn't pleasant for anyone.

I know NVC is staffed by call center personnel who are paid to provide customer service, but they aren't government employees. I can't imagine they have rock star salaries and they probably get treated like garbage all day. Hasn't anyone on this thread worked in customer service? Even if the job tasks are easy, it's challenging dealing with people all day. It's exhausting and frustrating. They're humans and imperfect just like the rest of us. They're also not responsible for the case processing decisions (i.e., reviews and checklists) driving everyone insane. I've spoken to all the operators who have been named here and have never had a bad experience, so to see them essentially being bullied in absentia is a little unsettling. I kind of wish I'd had a bad experience at some point just so I could know where all the negative comments have come from. They're paid to do their jobs to certain expectations, yes, but I personally feel a responsibility to be a good customer to the people serving me. I've never felt someone being nasty to me was justification for being unpleasant in return, though I'm keenly aware that others will feel differently. Perhaps if folks made fewer superfluous phone calls, the operators would be less overwhelmed, their quality of life would improve, they would be happier while serving their customers, and hold times would go down.

I know VJ is an awesome place to vent and commiserate. I'm really thankful for that, and that's why I hesitated to volunteer my own unpopular opinion above. I just wanted to maybe add some perspective, because I feel things have become a bit more hostile than usual. I really wish all the best for everyone waiting here. I know the hell we've all gone through and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I hope all of you get the news you're waiting for soon.

You bring up such a great point. I'm going to miss you on these threads. You've been our voice of reason throughout the letter writing campaigns and NVC thread. I'm so happy for you that your journey is finally ending/beginning (you know what I mean lol).

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

A few ppl have mentioned not getting anything but email when they are suppose to and it got me worried here.

For my husband country we have to do EP and when I got my case number I asked the lady I spoke with when do I send the ENROLL email, which means everything will be sent to me via email, she said to wait until I got instruction from NVC and i should get something within a few days. I went head and sent an ENROLL email for both EP and mail to nvc electronics and NVC inquiry. I didn't get anything back from nvc inquiry, but a couple mins later I got n auto reply email from NVC electronics. So, should I take this that they have accepted my enrollment? Should I call?

Thanks!

if you are from a country in which EP is mandatory you did not need to send an ENROLL email.

Also as long as you give your email addresses to the operator, you will automatically receive emails vs regular mail.

I've been thinking this as I followed this thread lately, too. There's so much negativity here recently and much of it comes from obsessive phone calls with long wait times and less-than-charming operators. I don't personally understand why multiple calls per day is a good use of time, simply because knowing a status for example 6 hours sooner than you might've won't make any difference to your case processing. Obviously it's a personal decision, but I feel bad for everyone involved -- both on our end and NVC's. This isn't pleasant for anyone.

I know NVC is staffed by call center personnel who are paid to provide customer service, but they aren't government employees. I can't imagine they have rock star salaries and they probably get treated like garbage all day. Hasn't anyone on this thread worked in customer service? Even if the job tasks are easy, it's challenging dealing with people all day. It's exhausting and frustrating. They're humans and imperfect just like the rest of us. They're also not responsible for the case processing decisions (i.e., reviews and checklists) driving everyone insane. I've spoken to all the operators who have been named here and have never had a bad experience, so to see them essentially being bullied in absentia is a little unsettling. I kind of wish I'd had a bad experience at some point just so I could know where all the negative comments have come from. They're paid to do their jobs to certain expectations, yes, but I personally feel a responsibility to be a good customer to the people serving me. I've never felt someone being nasty to me was justification for being unpleasant in return, though I'm keenly aware that others will feel differently. Perhaps if folks made fewer superfluous phone calls, the operators would be less overwhelmed, their quality of life would improve, they would be happier while serving their customers, and hold times would go down.

I know VJ is an awesome place to vent and commiserate. I'm really thankful for that, and that's why I hesitated to volunteer my own unpopular opinion above. I just wanted to maybe add some perspective, because I feel things have become a bit more hostile than usual. I really wish all the best for everyone waiting here. I know the hell we've all gone through and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I hope all of you get the news you're waiting for soon.

QFT!!!

Well said!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

You bring up such a great point. I'm going to miss you on these threads. You've been our voice of reason throughout the letter writing campaigns and NVC thread. I'm so happy for you that your journey is finally ending/beginning (you know what I mean lol).

Aw, thank you! ^_^ So nice of you to refer to me as a voice of reason, I was just telling my husband tonight how naive I am with this whole "why can't we all just get along" attitude :lol:

I know I'll be around for a while even after the visa process is done. After spending so much time here and bonding with people through such an emotional process, I just can't imagine either my husband or I will suddenly stop checking in. I've been transitioning between jobs, which is what's kept me mostly off the site for the past couple of weeks, but I still read every NVC post through email alerts. And once my new company isn't training me for 7+ hours per day I'll be back to my old VJ shenanigans :D

I'm glad to see you're almost done with NVC, congrats :) It's such a relief to have everything submitted, isn't it? I hope you get a speedy case complete. I bet you'll be just in time for the next round of interview scheduling!

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

Aw, thank you! ^_^ So nice of you to refer to me as a voice of reason, I was just telling my husband tonight how naive I am with this whole "why can't we all just get along" attitude :lol:

I know I'll be around for a while even after the visa process is done. After spending so much time here and bonding with people through such an emotional process, I just can't imagine either my husband or I will suddenly stop checking in. I've been transitioning between jobs, which is what's kept me mostly off the site for the past couple of weeks, but I still read every NVC post through email alerts. And once my new company isn't training me for 7+ hours per day I'll be back to my old VJ shenanigans :D

I'm glad to see you're almost done with NVC, congrats :) It's such a relief to have everything submitted, isn't it? I hope you get a speedy case complete. I bet you'll be just in time for the next round of interview scheduling!

5 days left for you! YAY!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mail my aos checklist today

USCIS

May2 i130 send

May6 i130 receive

May11 noa1

January22 noa2

Nvc

February 11 case receive

March 09 case number ###

March 11 ds261

March 18 aos avil and paid

March 20 aos accepted

March 27 aos package ready and shipped

March 27 iv bill available and played

March 31 iv bill accepted

April 01 ds260 available and complete

April 09 iv package shipped off

April 11 iv package received and sign for

April 16 iv enter in system

April 16 got checklist for aos

April 17 reply to checklist

April 23 checklist enter in system

May. 02 called nice guy say everything looks good just wait 30 days for checklist to complete

May 12 called checklist under review

MAY 13 ANOTHER CHECKLIST ??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Mail my aos checklist today

Sorry you got another checklist :(

Click for full timeline

USCIS

2013-Aug-5th- NOA1 received

2014-Feb-3rd - Transferred to CSC

2014-Feb-12 - Approved! - 191 days.

NVC

2014-Feb-21 NVC received

2014-Mar-27 NVC case# received

2014-Mar-28 Received IIN#

2014-Mar-28 Received AOS and IV bills- pending payment

2014-March-31 AOS paid

2014-April 1st Sent AOS and civil docs package

2014-April-4th IV bill shows as Paid---- AOS and civil docs delivered

2014-April-8th DS-260 completed online

2014-April-8th AOS and civil docs in system and under review

2014-April-23rd Received checklist for certified court record

2014- May -9th checklist documents received

2014-May-28 - Case completed!! :)

2014- June 17th- Medical

2014 -July 2nd- Interview - APPROVED!

2014 July 3rd- CEAC website says ISSUED :goofy:

2014 July 10th- PASSPORT ARRIVED VIA ROYAL MAIL SPECIAL DELIVERY!!!! :goofy:

2014-July 13th- POE with no probs.. happy in sunny FL! :)

ROC

2016-May -9th receipt notice

2016-May -17th check came out of the bank

​2016- August- 11th Biometrics done

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry you got another checklist :(

Thnx I just want to be over with this ?

USCIS

May2 i130 send

May6 i130 receive

May11 noa1

January22 noa2

Nvc

February 11 case receive

March 09 case number ###

March 11 ds261

March 18 aos avil and paid

March 20 aos accepted

March 27 aos package ready and shipped

March 27 iv bill available and played

March 31 iv bill accepted

April 01 ds260 available and complete

April 09 iv package shipped off

April 11 iv package received and sign for

April 16 iv enter in system

April 16 got checklist for aos

April 17 reply to checklist

April 23 checklist enter in system

May. 02 called nice guy say everything looks good just wait 30 days for checklist to complete

May 12 called checklist under review

MAY 13 ANOTHER CHECKLIST ??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thnx I just want to be over with this ?

Yup .. me knows.

I am resigned now though.. I am now hoping for July interview, and unless another checklist comes for us, can just sit back and wait. Feels better now rather than that feeling of rushing it along to make the June scheduling, since it is out of our hands anyways.

What has me worried is seeing you and others getting 2 or more checklists spaced out like that, seems so unfair.. esp if they lost things or asking for things they don't need.

I wonder if Saylin or others who have been here many months/years, know if this is a new trend?.. Are we having more 'lost' things than usual? Seems strange and worrying to me.

That along with the stupid Greek checklists makes me a tad anxious. But then, i think just chilllll, it will surely all be sorted out in the many weeks we have before July scheduling-- knock on wood. :bonk:

Click for full timeline

USCIS

2013-Aug-5th- NOA1 received

2014-Feb-3rd - Transferred to CSC

2014-Feb-12 - Approved! - 191 days.

NVC

2014-Feb-21 NVC received

2014-Mar-27 NVC case# received

2014-Mar-28 Received IIN#

2014-Mar-28 Received AOS and IV bills- pending payment

2014-March-31 AOS paid

2014-April 1st Sent AOS and civil docs package

2014-April-4th IV bill shows as Paid---- AOS and civil docs delivered

2014-April-8th DS-260 completed online

2014-April-8th AOS and civil docs in system and under review

2014-April-23rd Received checklist for certified court record

2014- May -9th checklist documents received

2014-May-28 - Case completed!! :)

2014- June 17th- Medical

2014 -July 2nd- Interview - APPROVED!

2014 July 3rd- CEAC website says ISSUED :goofy:

2014 July 10th- PASSPORT ARRIVED VIA ROYAL MAIL SPECIAL DELIVERY!!!! :goofy:

2014-July 13th- POE with no probs.. happy in sunny FL! :)

ROC

2016-May -9th receipt notice

2016-May -17th check came out of the bank

​2016- August- 11th Biometrics done

5 days left for you! YAY!

It's so surreal! Interview on Monday and he's planning to fly in 6-7 weeks so he can see friends/family and travel a bit. I can't wait to start the next chapter of our life together, I just wish I could save him all the sadness and stress that will happen between now and then. But it's part of the process I guess, and all the more reason to appreciate the hell out of him :)

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a question about the affidavit of support. My hubby didn't make money from 2012 and late 2013 due to school schedules. He had to be a full time student to finish his course fast. But in early Nov. 2013 he start a full time job and he is making money. DO we still need a co-sponsor?

Well I believe they focus most on the prior year (2013) and current year's income. Is he making above the poverty line right now?

"If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you."

"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Beneficiary - Applying for CR1/IR1 (but also played the K3 card prior to understanding it may be phased out.)

2013: July 20: I-130 sent (Chicago lockbox)

July 24: I-130 NOA1

July 24: I-129F sent (Dallas Lockbox)

Aug 2: I-129F NOA1

Aug 12: Alien Registration Number was changed, I-129F.

2014: Jan 28/29/30: - 3 transfer notices for I-130 and I-129F.

Feb 3 - Hard copy arrived -Notice of transfer to Texas stating Jan 29th.

Feb 10 - NOA2

Feb 27 - email stating I-130 being sent to NVC from TSC.

March 6 -NVC received our case.

April 7 - CASE NUMBER yay! IIN and BIN obtained and email given.

April 9 - DS261 available and filled in online.

April 9 - AOS not yet payable but visible.

April 10 - email regarding NVC case number and access to DS261 received/ email regarding AOS received and paid.

April 11 - AOS sent by snail mail.

April 14 - AOS arrived per mail tracking.

April 15 - IV bill received via email, IV bill paid/ in process, IV package sent.

April 18 - IV bill showing paid/ DS-260 available and done!

- AOS scanned into their system.

April 21 - IV package arrived per mail tracking.

April 24 - IV scanned into their system.

May 2 - False checklist for IV documents= AOS approval.

May 13 - NVC rep reported ? missing Police certificate via my phone call.

- Supervisor review initiated.

May 14 - Checklist for Police certificate came via email.

- Sent checklisted documentation priority post!

May 15 - Package delivered per mail tracking.

May 19 - Case COMPLETE!! Police certificate found by NVC:)

May 28 - Case complete email arrived.

May 30 - Assigned Interview date!

June 2 - Interview letter arrived via email.

June 11- Medical appointment Surrey, BC

July 8 - Interview in Montreal!! APPROVED!!!!!!!! July 10 - Visa package and passport in hand!! July 23 - POE!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Mm Really,

Even if he lives with us???

Is he your dependent (in fed taxes) or rather the other way around? If he files his own taxes then he fills I-864.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : National Benefits Center; Consulate : Mumbai, India; Marriage (if applicable): 2013-07-05
USCIS
I-130 Sent : 2013-07-20; I-130 NOA1 : 2013-07-26; I-130 Transferred to CSC: 2014-01-13; I-130 Approved: 2014-01-22
NVC
NVC Received: 2014-02-03; AOS Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-19
NVC Case # and IIN Assigned: 2014-03-11; AOS Package Delivered: 2014-03-21;
Submitted/Completed DS-261 online: 2014-03-12; AOS Package Touched: 2014-03-25;
Receive & Pay AOS Bill : 2014-03-13; AOS Package Approved: 2014-04-08
AOS Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-18;
IV Bill:
Receive & Pay IV Bill: 2014-03-24; False Checklist for Civil Documents: 2014-04-07
IV Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-26; Case Completed at NVC: 2014-04-16;
IV Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-26; Case Complete Email Received: 2014-04-23
IV Package Received by NVC: 2014-03-31; Interview scheduled: 2014-05-01;
IV Package Touched: 2014-04-03 (still in review); IL Email Received: 2014-05-01
DS-260 Available/Completed/Submitted: 2014-03-27
Consulate: Mumbai
Fingerprinting & Photo: 2014-05-09 Medicals: 2014-05-19
Interview: 2014-06-04 Visa Approved CEAC Website Status "Issued": 2014-06-05
USCIS ELIS Fee Paid: 2014-06-08 Passport w/Visa Received: 2014-06-09
POE (LAX): 2014-07-20 SS# Received: 2014-07-28
Actual GC received 2014-08-30
CA ID Received: 2014-09-02.
First job in USA (yeeeh!!!) starting: 2014-09-22
Taking driving lessons....!!!!

ROC
Application Sent: 2016-04-26
NOA1:2016-04-28
Biometrics: 2016-06-02 (early walk-in on May 31st)

ROC Approval Email and Online Status Change - 2016-11-07
Google Doc for April 2016 filers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Mb-ALcbwQbYafLj4vFaEMjSGD-wfjtrycs3ul8QlUo/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

I'm sure there will be a brief reprieve from this site once your hubby comes home (as there should be!) LOL

And thank you! I can't tell you how nice it feels to be almost finished with this process! I'm hoping and praying for a July interview - I think we'll be cutting it close if we do.

The friendships and bonds that I've made on here have really kept me sane throughout this nightmare. Amazing how we've all connected through trauma lol

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.