Nikki88

February 2014 TSC Filers

570 posts in this topic

I am hoping that all this movement is true.

My fiance had his meeting at the Baltimore office today and he was not happy with their response... They tried to tell him that they are currently conducting our background checks in the US (I've held multiple US work permits) and that's what is causing a delay, in addition to the backlog (So apparently they are now addressing this issue??)! However, my fiance works in law enforcement and knows that it should not take them 5 months for this information to clear. The agent proceeded to tell him that with everything said and done, I wouldn't be home in the US until December or January, and that their entire system at USCIS is backlogged. Here's the kicker... the agent told him that I could just come and stay as a visitor and leave the country when I need to attend my immigration appointments in Canada - UM HELLO? ISN'T THIS THE EXACT REASON WHY YOU ARE HAVING AN IMMIGRATION CRISIS????

Sorry, needed to rant. Now to decide if I want to take an extended vacation or not....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

I am hoping that all this movement is true.

My fiance had his meeting at the Baltimore office today and he was not happy with their response... They tried to tell him that they are currently conducting our background checks in the US (I've held multiple US work permits) and that's what is causing a delay, in addition to the backlog (So apparently they are now addressing this issue??)! However, my fiance works in law enforcement and knows that it should not take them 5 months for this information to clear. The agent proceeded to tell him that with everything said and done, I wouldn't be home in the US until December or January, and that their entire system at USCIS is backlogged. Here's the kicker... the agent told him that I could just come and stay as a visitor and leave the country when I need to attend my immigration appointments in Canada - UM HELLO? ISN'T THIS THE EXACT REASON WHY YOU ARE HAVING AN IMMIGRATION CRISIS????

Sorry, needed to rant. Now to decide if I want to take an extended vacation or not....

Thank you for sharing this information. We are still waiting for NOA2 and our case is on processing hold due to security checks :(

01/14/14 I -129F Petition sent
01/17/14 Petition received
01/22/14 NOA1 - TSC
06/23/14 Service Request created after congressional inquiry
07/03/14 Email from USCIS - our case is on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/04/14 No update from USCIS. Filed a case with CIS Ombudsman
08/05/14 Senators/Congresswoman cannot help with my case because security checks are pending
08/05/14 Another Service Request created by Tier 2 since no response from TSC.
08/18/14 Email from USCIS in response to second service request - still on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/21/14 NOA2 (finally after 7 months)

08/25/14 Email from USCIS - approved case shipped to NVC on 8/22/14

09/02/14 Case received by NVC

09/04/14 Case # assigned by NVC

09/05/14 In transit to the Embassy

09/09/14 Case received by Tbilisi Embassy - ready for interview

09/17/14 Interview!!! - APPROVED!!!!
09/24/14 POE :D

10/31/14 Married :devil:

11/05/14 Filed for Adjustment of Status

11/13/14 NOA1

12/04/14 Biometrics

01/21/15 AP/EAD approved

01/26/15 Card mailed

01/29/15 Combo card arrived in the mail

02/25/15 Notice of Potential Interview Waiver received in the mail

07/09/15 Green Card approved on USCIS site

07/13/15 Notice received in the mail

i mean i just received my NOA2 notice by email :)

Congrats, and yes please update your timeline! As for next steps, look at that thread for UK I posted up earlier. Get the police check done so that once you get the NVC # you can book the medical, and get the vaccinations updated in UK prior to the medical so it's (maybe) cheaper. Gather the financial paperwork, write the new intent to marry letters.....that's just off the top of my head. In the country-specific forum there is lots more information about shipping stuff if you need it.

i agree with Idt0423 that the majority of the 35-40% you were seeing on IGOR's for january related to people who received an NOA2 in February/March 2014 - which would represent those who were at CSC or expedites. You can sort IGOR's list by approved petitions where you can see a lot of january filers receiving NOA2s in 30-60 days. And i think we all know that TSC is not turning out NOA2s in that timeframe. ;)

It looks like February is in the same position right now - at about 35-40% complete but there have been less than 10 true non-expedited TCS approvals. I'd think expedites wouldn't be more than 10-15%...so that other 20-25% represents CSC filers with incorrect timelines. messing up our data!

Prior to the NY Times article in February (which I suspect was the catalyst for the shift in priorities and therefore the backup) a lot of petitions were getting approved quickly, and then everything came to a grinding halt. I only look at the part of Igor's list that shows the last 15 approvals at TSC so I can see what's actually moving RIGHT NOW, not the history. If there is a questionable (quick) one I look at the profile and posts to see if there was an RFE or congressman involvement. I know none of this makes my own petition move faster, but it gives me hope.

Incidentally, someone in the 'Unapproved' January section listed a case number on the timeline RFE column, so when I was out of things to do I looked it up on the USCIS. The case had been approved!! and the timeline was never updated on VJ. I wonder how many on here are like that, where they just got tired of staring at the computer and stopped updating? Anyhow, I also looked up a few numbers around that one and about 2/3 of the petitions had been approved. Like I said, doing stuff like this gives me hope.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm really hoping August is our month for approvals. Seems like many January filers are getting their NOA2. Congrats to those who have received theirs already :) I'm just waiting patiently for ours, well as patient as I can be lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks guys :) been traveling and have limited access to internet. Just updated my timeline.

I have a question, few weeks after i filed the I129F, my fiance did the Police Certificate because he thought it will take them months to issue one but then he received it 2 weeks, so the one he had was dated around April this year, do you know if its still ok? does it has a valid period?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi All

My NOA1 is dated Feb 21, 2014 and still nothing. I'm guesstimating another 2 months but I'm hoping I'm wrong. Looking forward to see the USCIS update for August to see where TSC is at.

i mean i just received my NOA2 notice by email :)

This is FABULOUS news!! Congratulations!!

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Thanks guys :) been traveling and have limited access to internet. Just updated my timeline.

I have a question, few weeks after i filed the I129F, my fiance did the Police Certificate because he thought it will take them months to issue one but then he received it 2 weeks, so the one he had was dated around April this year, do you know if its still ok? does it has a valid period?

The certificate is valid for 6 months from the date it was issued. :-)

File sent - May 1st
NOA1 - May 9th
Transferred - August 8th
NOA2 - September 11th

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The certificate is valid for 6 months from the date it was issued. :-)

According to the packet 3 checklist form the Montreal embassy: The police certificates must be issued within one year of the of the date of the visa appointment.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

How long is my Police Certificate valid for?

There is no set period of time for which the Police Certificate is considered to be valid. The Police Certificate is only truly accurate on the date of issue. Embassies or High Commissions will usually require you to produce a Police Certificate which has been issued less than six (6) months before your visa interview.

Straight from: http://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_FAQs.aspx

That's interesting.

Don't forget, Embassy/Consulate requirements are not universal for everyone. Always make sure to do research for your particular Embassy/Consulate, or the Embassy/Consulate of the person asking for help.

Edited by jfgk1987

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hi guys, we received our NOA2 on July 29th. Texas is moving???[/quote

] CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Hi guys, we received our NOA2 on July 29th. Texas is moving???

How did you receive it, by mail or email or text?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.