Nikki88

February 2014 TSC Filers

570 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Thats the reason why we dont have a wedding date yet. We will marry for the law first and get all the real things done and then worry a wedding. Well first find a place together, a job and a new car because hers is from '91. After all that and we are settled in we will save up for a wedding. Which wont be a fortune but just a simple affordable wedding with some friends and family.

I wrote to my congressman (Frank Wolf, VA) a couple of weeks ago when I hit the 5/12 month mark to complain about the discrepancy between the centers. He assigned it to his 'immigration' desk. Not much help, all they seem to have done is shoot off an email but no follow-up. So much for congressmen looking out for the interests of their constituents. I'll try to continue to be patient as they seem to be crawling along with approvals, although I am sure they are still falling further and further behind. I feel sorry for the later filers who may end up waiting even longer than the 6 months+ that we've had to wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have a letter in with one of my senators, Tom Udall, NM. I have *slightly* more hope, since he's a pretty established senator with perhaps more resources/clout with these people, and he is up for re-election this year, which might be a benefit to us. It was assigned to a specific staffer of his, who has been very great so far. She just sent me a copy of the letter that was sent to USCIS on our behalf. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something works out quickly.

We now have a MD Congressman and a representative from Philly trying to look into our case for us. They claimed that they are still conducting our background checks (Which you would think that it would be easier since I have a SSN, but they havent contacted any of my former employers, and my fiance is in law enforcement - so you would think that would be easier too).

If it wasn't for bills, I would just go and visit.. Apparently USCIS thinks we're all made of money and can afford to use all of our vacation pay and savings on flights. Ughhh.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

If it wasn't for bills, I would just go and visit.. Apparently USCIS thinks we're all made of money and can afford to use all of our vacation pay and savings on flights. Ughhh.

I haven't seen my fiance in 7 months, because it's too dang expensive. We miss each other terribly, obviously.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi all, I have posted a new topic(below), if you guys have any idea, let me know also. thanks.

I need help, I am so happy that finally we got our NOA2 but then I realize a big potential problem. We have already planned our wedding on 10/3 this year and my fiance just got the NOA2 last monday (7/28), it seems like most likely the interview will be scheduled around mid-Sep, after they approve it, they will take his passport for visa printing, and it might take up to 2 weeks or more for him to receive the passport which means he might not have his passport with him in Oct.

But he NEEDS the passport to travel to the US before Oct, the wedding has been planned more than half year ago and most money has been paid, his friends and fmailys have also bought the tickets and booked hotel, we cannot pospone the wedding. I am really worried now, any idea how we should manage this situation?

If your fiancee is from UK, can he enter with visa waiver, get the wedding done, go back to UK and pick up the passport with the visa in it when it gets issued? Then, he can enter US with the K1 and activate it... Just an idea...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

If your fiancee is from UK, can he enter with visa waiver, get the wedding done, go back to UK and pick up the passport with the visa in it when it gets issued? Then, he can enter US with the K1 and activate it... Just an idea...

If he goes there and get married, he can't come back later with the K1 because they will already be married and I think he would be denied entry at the POE.

There is nothing you can't really do except hoping you will get your visa before the wedding date.

Sent : 04/16/2014

Received : 04/21/2014

NOA1: 04/23/2014

Alien registration number : 04/28/2014

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

If he goes there and get married, he can't come back later with the K1 because they will already be married and I think he would be denied entry at the POE.

There is nothing you can't really do except hoping you will get your visa before the wedding date.

. You are right. He cannot.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

received email with RFE from uscis yesterday. :huh:

Were told to wait hard copy of RFE. Does anybody had it before? what does it mean for us?

Edited by bThree

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

That means you'll have to follow instructions in your RFE and either correct something you did wrong or provide with some additional papers. RFE from Texas now is kinda a good thing, at least your file is not buried somewhere unattended. Respond as quickly as you can and good luck.

Hi guys, we received our NOA2 on July 29th. Texas is moving

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG GUYS!!! My NOA1 is February 18th AND I JUST RECEIVED MY NOA2!!!! I'M CRYING, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF, I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!

event.png

• Service Center : Texas Service Center
  • Transferred? No
  • Consulate : Montreal, Canada
  • I-129F Sent : 2014-02-13
  • I-129F NOA1 : 2014-02-18
  • I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-07
  • NVC Received : 2014-08-25
  • Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2014-08-27
  • NVC Left : 2014-08-29
  • Consulate Received : 2014-09-02
  • Packet 3 Received : 2014-09-04
  • Packet 3 Sent : 2014-09-05
  • Packet 4 Received : 2014-09-09
  • Interview Date : 2014-10-17
  • Visa Received : 2014-10-25
  • US Entry : 2014-11-14
  • Marriage : 2015-01-16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.