Le Bangoulap

ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING AFTER APPROVAL, HELP PLEASE!

29 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

After Interview at Lagos Consulate, the CO said we were approved and gave us a paper with an address she circled for us to go to the same address and pick up passports but now the status says ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING and read thus:

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

1. Has anyone ever experience this?

2. What should we expect from now?

We've already booked fly tickets, hope this will not last beyond the date of our flight.

Thank you

Hi Le Bangaoulap,

Have you been issued your visa as yet? My fiance and I are in the same boat. He had his interview on April 1st and was told to return in 7 days to pick up his visa and received nothing. He returned several times as instructed with no change. When I checked the CEAC website it read "Administrative Processing". As of today, we are still in AP 99 days today. I have sent several emails to find out what is going on, my congresswoman also emailed them and received the same response. The last email from the embassy in Lagos says they will call my fiance when they are done with their checks and that I should refrain from sending emails as it delays them from doing their work (part of their job is to respond to emails so I don't know what their problem is).

Hope to hear from you soon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Le Bangaoulap,

Have you been issued your visa as yet? My fiance and I are in the same boat. He had his interview on April 1st and was told to return in 7 days to pick up his visa and received nothing. He returned several times as instructed with no change. When I checked the CEAC website it read "Administrative Processing". As of today, we are still in AP 99 days today. I have sent several emails to find out what is going on, my congresswoman also emailed them and received the same response. The last email from the embassy in Lagos says they will call my fiance when they are done with their checks and that I should refrain from sending emails as it delays them from doing their work (part of their job is to respond to emails so I don't know what their problem is).

Lolo I am so sorry. I had thought you had been finished and married by now. Sorry to hear.

Hope something happens soon for you both.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello VJers! Today is Aug 10th and we are now in our fourth month of AP. I don't know what else to do and it is stressing us out. My fiance is so disappointed because he had expected us to have already been married and enjoying our life together.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello VJers! Today is Aug 10th and we are now in our fourth month of AP. I don't know what else to do and it is stressing us out. My fiance is so disappointed because he had expected us to have already been married and enjoying our life together.

What have you been told when you contact the consulate? Have you guys also tried to go to the DHL office and see if your passport is there? Another member seemed to have been in the same boat, everytime they called the consulate, they were told the case was still in ap, but when her fiance went to the DHL office his visa was there waiting for him.

**************AOS timeline*************************

(L) Married 05/23/2015 (L)

06/25/2015: Filed AOS ( I-131/I-485/I765)

06/29/2015: USCIS Received

07/07/2015: Check Cashed

07/08/2015: NOA1 emails/texts( I-131/I-485/I765)

07/13/2015: NOA1 Hard copies ( I-131/I-485/I765)

07/17/2015: Biometrics notice received

07/29/2015: Biometrics Appointment

09/04/2015: EAD/AP approved/ordered

09/09/2015: EAD/AP Combo Card Mailed

09/12/2015: Combo Card received

10/07/2015: Received NPIW letter

12/03/2015: Green Card Approved! (Card being Produced) :dancing:

12/10/2015: Green Card received in the mail!!!

**************ROC timeline*************************

09/16/2017: Filed Removal of Conditions I-751

09/20/2017: Check cashed

09/22/2017: NOA1 in mail (dated 9/19/17)

10/07/2017: Biometric notice received

10/16/2017: Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My daughters fiancé,after interview it say ready than AP now is issue!

This is a relief. The day of my fiance's interview it said ready. Two days later (today) it says Administrative Processing. Do you know how many days until her fiance's said Issued?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Le Bangaoulap,

Hi Lolo83421,

Sorry for replying late I have been out of touch for a while.

I received my visa few days after the AP. I pray and hope your fiancée receive his soon. We will support you in prayers and the Lord will do it for you.

K-1 Adjustment of Status Event Date

CIS Office : Portland OR

Date Filed : 2014-09-16

NOA Date : 2014-09-19

Bio. Appt. : 2014-10-10 (Done)

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Employment Authorization Document Event Date

CIS Office: National Benefit Center

NOA Date : 2014-09-19

Bio. Appt. : 2014-10-10

Approved Date : 2014-11-14

Date Card Received : 2014-11-22 (Combo EAD/AP)
Estimates/Stats : EAD was approved in 59 days.

Advance Parole Event Date

CIS Office : National Benefit Center

NOA Date :

Date Received :2014-11-22 (Combo EAD/AP)

Estimates/Stats : AP was approved in 59 days.

Timeline

What have you been told when you contact the consulate? Have you guys also tried to go to the DHL office and see if your passport is there? Another member seemed to have been in the same boat, everytime they called the consulate, they were told the case was still in ap, but when her fiance went to the DHL office his visa was there waiting for him.

My fiance had his interview April 1 and was told to go to DHL to pick up his package the following week. He went several times in the two weeks and received nothing. I checked the CEAC website which said we are in AP. We have also been checking the website: www.ustraveldocs.com/ng and there is nothing. Do you think it would be there even after getting a response saying:

Passport Status : There is no status update available for the passport number submitted ?

Edited by lolo83421

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Good morning everyone! My fiance finally received a call from Embassy on Sept 29th, asking him to go and do his medical exam again because the one he submitted expired during the AP. When he picked up the results and took them to the embassy this morning, they now said they have a full list of interviews so he should return on Wednesday, after the public holidays next week. Things are looking better! Will keep you posted. We are in our sixth month of AP which is now over. Hallelujah!

• 5 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello,

Pls how long does it take to release your fiance visa. Just curious. Thanks.

Good morning everyone! My fiance finally received a call from Embassy on Sept 29th, asking him to go and do his medical exam again because the one he submitted expired during the AP. When he picked up the results and took them to the embassy this morning, they now said they have a full list of interviews so he should return on Wednesday, after the public holidays next week. Things are looking better! Will keep you posted. We are in our sixth month of AP which is now over. Hallelujah!

Ap is a blck hole, nobody can say when will end

Hello,

Good day to you. Please I am in the same situation as you. Just trying to envisage how long the wait will be. Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.