lenster

Questions about K1 for Brazilian fiancee

67 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
OK, I understand that my case has a level of complication that is beyond this board. I will look for a lawyer (and am always interested in any referrals). Thanks again to everyone who gave me serious and thoughtful responses.

Seriously, you seem like an intelligent and sincere guy. A lot of people, including the consular officers, are going to be skeptical about your relationship and the motives of this woman. I mean, to start with, you met this woman in a whorehouse where she was working at the time. This is going to be an uphill battle for you, so I hope she really has changed her ways and is not just playing you. I suspect you are going to have to find that out for yourself, since you have decided to ignore all advice and warnings from everyone.

Good luck ...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

charlie_brown,

Did he? He hasn't said anything in this thread about where or how he met her. He has said only what her former occupation was, roughly when it was, and roughly how long it lasted.

Be careful when making judgements based on 'facts' that are not in evidence. Stick to the facts that are in evidence - there are enough of them to be as dubious as you might wish.

Yodrak

..... you met this woman in a whorehouse where she was working at the time. .....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
charlie_brown,

Did he? He hasn't said anything in this thread about where or how he met her. He has said only what her former occupation was, roughly when it was, and roughly how long it lasted.

Be careful when making judgements based on 'facts' that are not in evidence. Stick to the facts that are in evidence - there are enough of them to be as dubious as you might wish.

Yodrak

..... you met this woman in a whorehouse where she was working at the time. .....

Yodrak,

Yes, I concluded that from his post:

She was still working when we met, but she never charged me to be with her since what we have is real. The place she worked at had mandatory testing so she was regularly tested throughout her time working. I know she quit the profession because she's always been honest with me and I trust her. Plus we speak sometimes at night which is the hours she used to work at. While she was working she could not speak with me at night, but now that she quit she is available at that time.

If he didn't meet her at her place of work then I don't know why he would state that she never charged him, but I could be wrong in that conclusion.

CB

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yodrak, he did say she didn't charge him, although he could just be saying that she was never "professional" about their relationship.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

I think if you truly love her, your love will get stronger with the uphill battle you will have to go through, Or it will fall apart. Sometime people just meet and click right from the start. I have dated alot of women in the states for years and when i meet my fiance in colombia we just click like no outher women i was with in the states. I take my hat off to you to try to make this work for you, I think i would not bring up where she work at all. Also i have to say. just because she works in that line of work does not make her a bad person at all. I know women in america that get it more and do not get paid for it. what does it make them?

I would try to take a few vac days off and put it around a weekend and see her for 3 or 4 days to get to know her plus it would help your k1 process showing you have seen her more then one time down there.

Good luck and stay focus.

Filed: Timeline

CB,

You could be correct, also. I'm simply saying that we don't know, and we don't need to know for the purposes of this thread.

Lets not be any more incendiary than necessary and just deal matter-of-factly with the issue of how to get an ex-prostitute a visa. And with the reasonable cautions about getting involved with an ex-prostitute, no matter how he met her, if one wants to delve into that aspect.

Yodrak

Yodrak,

Yes, I concluded that from his post:

She was still working when we met, but she never charged me to be with her since what we have is real. The place she worked at had mandatory testing so she was regularly tested throughout her time working. I know she quit the profession because she's always been honest with me and I trust her. Plus we speak sometimes at night which is the hours she used to work at. While she was working she could not speak with me at night, but now that she quit she is available at that time.

If he didn't meet her at her place of work then I don't know why he would state that she never charged him, but I could be wrong in that conclusion.

CB

• 3 months later...
Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Lenster,

Best of luck to you, I'm in the exact same situation. I spent 12 days with mine traveling all over South America and we had a fabulous time together. I'll admit in my situation that Im being a little more patient and gonna try to go see her again over the next several months. She does speak some english (i'd say 30%), and its not too bad, I speak a little spanish and that helps too. I am smitten by this girl, she is a prostitute, but truthfully, they are people too. can't really put my finger on it. I've had 2 other girlfriends in South America (Colombia), one was a Dr., the other a nurse. Both ended because of incredible issues of jealousy. Still, Im not going full steam with either, I have much to watch out for, if it ends, it'll be because she hung herself, it doesn't take long, they always make mistakes, trust me. :)

I am not sure where this one will go, but I am taking my time, we talk everyday, she asks for money and I dont' send any and she keeps calling. haha!! Seriously, she asked a couple times, but she got the message and now doesnt' ask. Im wondering if she'll stick around at this point, only time will tell. The acronym for T.I.M.E. in my life is This I Must Earn. If it ends up not being her, I just put my line back in the water and find another one. Having never been married and have no children, im a little more particular than most. The girl I see now from Brazil has my attention, and I like her, but Im not in love with her, how could I be in 12 days?? Its nothing more than infatuation at this point. So, my advice is to continue on, but don't live with blinders on, she could vanish on you in a second, she's only one decision away from meeting someone new, remember that. It takes a lot of fortitude for a woman to sell her body for money, and that translates into having a bit of a "frigid" heart too. I don't care how sweet she is, the fundamental quality in all hookers is that they are incredulously selfish. Don't tell me she isn't, she is. They use selfishness as a survival mechanism, its the only way they can justify their decision to engage in this behavior. Mine has already admitted (courageousley) to me that she'll need extensive therapy as a result of her experiences in the profession. I supported her on that idea, I also said she probably need not have any sex (including me) for about 3 months while she looks at rebuilding herself. Remember, these women are severely damaged, and unless you're willing to go through all the bad, ugly, things that are gonna come out of her, then I suggest you pass on this whole thing. It won't be easy, but it can work, as I've seen stated here previously. I have a degree in counseling and have worked with former prostitutes in a professional capacity. They are changable, but only if they are willing, and quite frankly, few really are. Which is why Im proceeding with caution. I encourage you to do the same. And I'm someone who is doing the exact same thing you are. Again, best luck to you.........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.