seagull1234

Husband filed a fraud report against me with USCIS and FDNS

14 posts in this topic

My second post. I messaged the admin before posting this. I have proof that I am not trolling. Because my first post was flagged for trolling, I want to make sure you all take this seriously. I am in danger.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/478984-marriage-mess-and-cr-1/#entry6802378

My husband abandoned me and I am living at his house that he bought a few years before marriage. He left me and moved somewhere else. He told me that he'd divorce me. He said that before I came here and after I came here. I need to remove conditions on my temporary green card but, I don't have those proof they want. I will file with abuse waiver or divorce waiver if he divorces me. For abuse I have proof of filing an IPO but, it was denied by the judge during first hearing. I also claimed for abuse with the police but, they handcuffed me and took me to a hospital for evaluation. I was discharged from the hospital next day and was asked to go for marriage counselling. Husband picked me up from the hospital and dropped me back to his place but, by then he already left the house.

He told me that he'd file a fraud report against me with USCIS as he did not believe I had married him in good faith and not because of coming here to get a job. But, I asked him several times to find me a job and my family also asked him to find me a job. He left me with 45 days of staying together. What do I do? I tried to contact legal aid but, they were bunch of idiots and did not exactly helped me. Looks like the person I was talking to contacted an immigration lawyer and after that it did not go anywhere. I threatened my husband when he came home one day after he had moved out of the house. I called the police secretly while I was arguing with him. He did not know I called the police but, he left and never came back. I am worried if he really files a fraud report against me. What would happen?

What kind of proof I need to show to remove conditions so that I can stay here after divorce? For abuse waiver, what can I show as proof? I am very worried as the neighbors are not friendly also. Looks like my husband told them something. I am also meeting some new people. I hope to find new friends here.

Wish I never came here. But, this place is so good. I hope, I get to stay here after divorce. Please help.

Edited by seagull1234

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

My second post. I messaged the admin before posting this. I have proof that I am not trolling. Because my first post was flagged for trolling, I want to make sure you all take this seriously. I am in danger.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/478984-marriage-mess-and-cr-1/#entry6802378

My husband abandoned me and I am living at his house that he bought a few years before marriage. He left me and moved somewhere else. He told me that he'd divorce me. He said that before I came here and after I came here. I need to remove conditions on my temporary green card but, I don't have those proof they want. I will file with abuse waiver or divorce waiver if he divorces me. For abuse I have proof of filing an IPO but, it was denied by the judge during first hearing. I also claimed for abuse with the police but, they handcuffed me and took me to a hospital for evaluation. I was discharged from the hospital next day and was asked to go for marriage counselling. Husband picked me up from the hospital and dropped me back to his place but, by then he already left the house.

He told me that he'd file a fraud report against me with USCIS as he did not believe I had married him in good faith and not because of coming here to get a job. But, I asked him several times to find me a job and my family also asked him to find me a job. He left me with 45 days of staying together. What do I do? I tried to contact legal aid but, they were bunch of idiots and did not exactly helped me. Looks like the person I was talking to contacted an immigration lawyer and after that it did not go anywhere. I threatened my husband when he came home one day after he had moved out of the house. I called the police secretly while I was arguing with him. He did not know I called the police but, he left and never came back. I am worried if he really files a fraud report against me. What would happen?

What kind of proof I need to show to remove conditions so that I can stay here after divorce? For abuse waiver, what can I show as proof? I am very worried as the neighbors are not friendly also. Looks like my husband told them something. I am also meeting some new people. I hope to find new friends here.

Wish I never came here. But, this place is so good. I hope, I get to stay here after divorce. Please help.

I read your other post and I believe you are creating a situation where you will end up worse off than you are now. This is just an observation, not a judgment call.

In order to go through the process of ROC you will need to prove that you entered marriage in good faith which I am sure that you can do. You will also need to disclose the conditions of your divorce and that is where it may get murky. Your greencard is predicated on your marriage, which by your own statement was over before you arrived in this country. The USCIS may look unfavorably to your decision to use your visa after your marriage had failed. Even if you contend that you wanted to work things out, fact remains nothing changed once you arrived here. To be sure, these are all moral subjective calls and what will actually matter is how the law will see your history, case and situation.

In order to find out what the law affords you, if anything at all, I would suggest you hire an immigration lawyer who is also well versed in family law and find out if there is anything s/he can do in your case. You may have something onto which to hold legally and ROC and stay in the US. You will need a job and money while you process is analyzed, and lawyers are not inexpensive. Alternatively you may choose to return home on your own. It is a decision you need to make based on your particular predicament.

I wish you well on your journey forward.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

There is very little you can do. If he did file this report, from your first post. I would say you will face some trouble at your interview, if you are even called for one. Most fraud reports USCIS see as a ex being vindictive by a ex and are not even discussed during the interview. Your case is differant as there is proof of fraud. Always remember, fraud is criminal in nature and USCIS must be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt. Btw there are very few immigration attorneys that know family law and even few divorce attorneys that know immigration. In your fight be prepared to spend lots of money

There is only evidence that you do not have a valid marriage, none that you have a valid marriage. Odds are high you will not be allowed to remove conditions and you will not get a 10 year green card. Prepare to go home or to live as an illegal.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

By saying this place is so good and wish you never came here showing you're contradict yourself. I came here because my love for my fiancé not because the US is the land of dreams. All you do to him is unbelievable cruel. I never knew some woman could do this thing but you have proven me that I was wrong. Without job how could you survive so far?

My advise?

Please go back home, divorce, and living in peace without worried about being arrested anytime. You are created yourself troubles and now time to realize those mistakes and stop blaming other people for your problems.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

What kind of proof I need to show to remove conditions so that I can stay here after divorce?

- Ask yourself this: Do you have any sort of proof for a bonafide marriage? Anything at all? As I remember, your husband asked you not to come to US and he has started divorce.

For abuse waiver, what can I show as proof? I am very worried as the neighbors are not friendly also. Looks like my husband told them something. I am also meeting some new people. I hope to find new friends here.

- See above.

- You are so self-contradictory. Your husband was smart enough to determine that you are only after the GC even before you came here. I think only crazy people would come in an unwelcome house. You put yourself into this mess. The only way to get out of this is to go home, start anew and move on. You are only prolonging your agony. Nothing positive will come out of this in your favor.

Edited by sweet cakes

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Locked for review~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***After a review of this thread, it will remain locked. Do not restart this thread.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.