USAzorro

Form I-129F Part 1 Questions 14

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Dear forum members,

My first posting here.

I'm filling out Form I-129F hoping to marry my fiancee and have a couple of questions. I am currently divorced and my ex wife pretty much took care of the paperwork when filing for her green card several years ago therefore, I don't have her Alien # nor the date of filing. So my questions are:

1. In Part 1 question 14a: Can I send the form without entering my ex's A# or will this negatively affect their decision?

2. In Part 1 question 14e: I don't know the date of filing either.

3. In Part 1 question 14h: Says "Result" What do I enter here?

4. In Part 2 question 11: It asks Alien Registration Number. How can my Alien Fiancee have this number if she is a foreigner? I must not be getting something! :)

I appreciate your help!

Edited by USAzorro

If she is still a resident alien you have to include it in the petition on #14 a

On #14 e I put the month and year

on #14 h if she is a resident alien put that there...if she is a us citizen now put that. ..it's whatever the outcome of that petition was....in the end...also as far as the alien registration number just put none or n/a...

Also remember do not leave any block or space without something in it. ...even if it doesn't pertain to ur particular situation...just put none or n/a....hope that sheds some light for you...

Filed: Timeline

Dear jjpgyitr4evr,

Thanks for your reply. I'm really not looking forward to starting this conversation with my ex. I'm sure many others have encountered this situation. I'm curious about how they went about this and filling out these questions when such info wasn't available. Especially for those that went through a bitter divorce.

Anyone else care to share their experiences?

Thanks!

I completely understand. ..if u don't want to talk w ur ex...try filing a FOIA...it's freedom of information act through uscis and see if they find your old records which will include the alien # if you specify what ur looking for...but that process can take 30 days to months ....idk if anyone else has any ideas...but at least you can try to look up info on that....wish u luck...been there buddy...this process will make u crazy as.hell....but worth it in the end. ...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Dear forum members,

My first posting here.

I'm filling out Form I-129F hoping to marry my fiancee and have a couple of questions. I am currently divorced and my ex wife pretty much took care of the paperwork when filing for her green card several years ago therefore, I don't have her Alien # nor the date of filing. So my questions are:

1. In Part 1 question 14a: Can I send the form without entering my ex's A# or will this negatively affect their decision?

2. In Part 1 question 14e: I don't know the date of filing either.

3. In Part 1 question 14h: Says "Result" What do I enter here?

4. In Part 2 question 11: It asks Alien Registration Number. How can my Alien Fiancee have this number if she is a foreigner? I must not be getting something! :)

I appreciate your help!

If you do not know the A# of your ex, then put Unknown. You can just give a general date of when you filed, of you only recall the year, then put that. If the result was that your ex was approved and received a green card, then just state that, "Approved-green card received".

For your current fiance(e), leave the A# question blank. The information in this thread about not leaving anything blank is not correct according to the I-129F form instructions.

Follow the instructions the USCIS provides.

From the I-129F instructions > http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

How To Fill Out Form I-129F

3. Answer all questions fully and accurately. If an item is not applicable or the answer is “none,” leave the space blank.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Interesting if you don't know her alien number since it written on NOA-2 that petitioner received in mail. If you were her petitioner, you should check whether still have NOA-2 hardcopy or not.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Interesting if you don't know her alien number since it written on NOA-2 that petitioner received in mail. If you were her petitioner, you should check whether still have NOA-2 hardcopy or not.

:thumbs: This. Everything you need to write down on question 14 about your ex is listed on your NOA2 you received for her. I had to also fill in this section for my current petition, which was already approved.

I put her A#, the date the petition was filed (NOA1 date), and APPROVED since the petition itself was approved.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

:thumbs: This. Everything you need to write down on question 14 about your ex is listed on your NOA2 you received for her. I had to also fill in this section for my current petition, which was already approved.

I put her A#, the date the petition was filed (NOA1 date), and APPROVED since the petition itself was approved.

Congrats for the fast approval!

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Thanks!

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.