Elmira

VSC vs TSC?

14 posts in this topic

Hello again, :blush:

Just quik question. Can my fiancee submit all paperwork if he is a residnt of FL to VSC, and if his mother a resident of MA? Oh he should change his driving license (from FL to MA) to be able to send the petition to VSC? If yes how long does it take?

Thank you!

:)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello again, :blush:

Just quik question. Can my fiancee submit all paperwork if he is a residnt of FL to VSC, and if his mother a resident of MA? Oh he should change his driving license (from FL to MA) to be able to send the petition to VSC? If yes how long does it take?

Thank you!

:)

If he is a resident of Florida then TSC. If he changes his residence to MA then why not VSC.... I think most states will say 30 days to determine residency.

YMMV

If he is a resident of Florida then TSC. If he changes his residence to MA then why not VSC.... I think most states will say 30 days to determine residency.

Thank you. We just saw that VSC works so fast!!! and TSC forward all petitions to CSC...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't know - that sounds kind of shady.

Your fiance resides in Florida - not MA.

I was born and raised in NY but reside in Florida.

USCIS does not ask us where our parents live....nor what state our driver's license is from.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Also, on the G-325A biographical form, he will need to put down his current employer... which I assume is Florida.

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

USCIS does not ask us where our parents live....nor what state our driver's license is from.

I know. But we try to find everything that can speed our process up. 2 years of long distance realationship..... I see you send your petition to TSC? and according your calendar is quite fast!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
Also, on the G-325A biographical form, he will need to put down his current employer... which I assume is Florida.

I agree. If you are employed in Florida and claiming residency in MA it looks dishonest. If I were the officer assigned to approve your case I would wonder what else are you being dishonest about.

Patience is required for this process.

Timeline

I know someone who did exactly what the OP is thinking. He lived in Ohio, established residency in Virginia and filed his petition with VSC with success. As soon as the petition was approved he terminated his Virginia residency. So it has been done. I am not however recommending this in any way.....

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

DanNNina is right - it's beneficial to be honest throughout this process.

I understand that you want this process to move along quickly - we all do.

Like your fiance I live in Fl and so we send our applications to TSC but since they don't handle K1 visas (nor have been for a long time) then every case is immediately forwarded to CSC.

We waited 72 days (and that includes Thanksgiving break).

The (average) wait is not nearly as long as it used to be.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

DanNNina is right - it's beneficial to be honest throughout this process.

I understand that you want this process to move along quickly - we all do.

Like your fiance I live in Fl and so we send our applications to TSC but since they don't handle K1 visas (nor have been for a long time) then every case is immediately forwarded to CSC.

We waited 72 days (and that includes Thanksgiving break).

The (average) wait is not nearly as long as it used to be.

Thank you!

My fiance plans to send everything next week. We really hope that I will have visa in June and will be able to move in July. But looking at some stories I guess I am too optimistic. And some members tell me that July is real time, some tells that July is too optimistic. So we are confused :-(

Definitely shady.

None of us like the wait, but what's a few more weeks in TSC vs. VSC in the grand scheme of things?

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Sometimes they'll send your application to a different service center though...for example I sent mine into the Nebraska Service Center because I'm in Colorado but they transferred it to the California Service Center. So you might get lucky as well - you never know!

12/02/2005 Met Saule for the first time

05/04/2006 Left Kazakhstan

12/13/2006 Sent in I-129F paperwork

12/15/2006 Paperwork received

12/21/2006 NOA-1

03/05/2007 NOA-2

Timeline
Sometimes they'll send your application to a different service center though...for example I sent mine into the Nebraska Service Center because I'm in Colorado but they transferred it to the California Service Center. So you might get lucky as well - you never know!

All Nebraska and Texas cases are transferred to California

YMMV

I know. Thank you. By the way, I see you have a Kazakh fiancee. I am a Kazakh as well. May be you can help me:

FIling the G-325 A your Fiancee put only her Family name and Given name in English, and in Russian she put her Family name, Given name and Patronomic name? Please help me. I plan to send my G-325A to my fiance tomorrow, but I am still confused with this thing.

Thank you! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.