corvusheart

How many IDs to bring to Knightsbridge?

31 posts in this topic

What do you mean exactly? That his medical has gone to a panel for further scrutiny? What was the issue?

Self-harm and depression from 13 years ago. The doctor says hes not sure if he will pass the medical because of this even though he brought a very good doctors note.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Self-harm and depression from 13 years ago. The doctor says hes not sure if he will pass the medical because of this even though he brought a very good doctors note.

Usually (from what I've nosed at in medical threads) if the Knightsbridge docs need more info then they just ask the beneficiary to get a letter (or another letter) from their GP and have them fax it over. I don't remember reading any cases where Knightsbridge have failed a person simply for self-harm and depression. Drug abuse, communicable diseases, yes. But mental health issues tend to either need further info from the GP or a psych session. (NOT that I am the expert on any of this, again this is just what I've picked up from reading other threads.)

Are you absolutely certain that the doctor didn't just give the usual "if you've passed you won't hear from us and your results will be with the embassy in a few days, if there are any problems we'll contact you" spiel?

Edited by rhirhi

Usually (from what I've nosed at in medical threads) if the Knightsbridge docs need more info then they just ask the beneficiary to get a letter (or another letter) from their GP and have them fax it over. I don't remember reading any cases where Knightsbridge have failed a person simply for self-harm and depression. Drug abuse, communicable diseases, yes. But mental health issues tend to either need further info from the GP or a psych session. (NOT that I am the expert on any of this, again this is just what I've picked up from reading other threads.)

Are you absolutely certain that the doctor didn't just give the usual "if you've passed you won't hear from us and your results will be with the embassy in a few days, if there are any problems we'll contact you" spiel?

He didn't mention getting another note or even having a psyche exam done just said he could fail because of this and that he will hear something by friday of whats going on.

Edited by corvusheart

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

He didn't mention getting another note or even having a psyche exam done just said he could fail because of this and that he will hear something by friday of whats going on.

I agree with the other poster, it is highly unusual what you've told us and generally discrepancies with mental health issues are resolved by them asking for more evidence from the beneficiary's GP, or at worst, they request a psychiatric exam. They can't just deny you point blank because of past mental health issues, particularly when they have a doctor's note specifically stating they have no mental health issues at that time and they are not a danger to themselves or others, hence it isn't a Class A condition. I didn't even think the doctor's had the authority to do that anyway, I thought they sent the information to the Embassy and the immigration officer had the final say.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

I agree with the other poster, it is highly unusual what you've told us and generally discrepancies with mental health issues are resolved by them asking for more evidence from the beneficiary's GP, or at worst, they request a psychiatric exam. They can't just deny you point blank because of past mental health issues, particularly when they have a doctor's note specifically stating they have no mental health issues at that time and they are not a danger to themselves or others, hence it isn't a Class A condition. I didn't even think the doctor's had the authority to do that anyway, I thought they sent the information to the Embassy and the immigration officer had the final say.

I guess a lot has changed at Knightsbridge since you've been there Queen. I can't say im surprised.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

I guess a lot has changed at Knightsbridge since you've been there Queen. I can't say im surprised.

In the space of 8 months? Unlikely. The medical thread in the UK forum goes back years and this is unusual by every standard in that topic. The doctors there can't just flat out deny you for that based on the information you've told us. If it were me, I'd be calling them straight back up with some serious questions.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

Apparently now they can flat out deny. I'm thinking of making a denial thread based on mental health so people are aware of the risks they are taking.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Apparently now they can flat out deny. I'm thinking of making a denial thread based on mental health so people are aware of the risks they are taking.

I'm getting very confused. At first, you told us that they were unsure whether he would pass and that he would hear by Friday if he passes or fails. Now you're saying they just denied him and that's the end of that.

To be honest with you, I've not heard of them calling beneficiaries to give their decision. If it's a misunderstanding then we're trying to help you clear it up. If it's as you say then it's important information for others in your situation in the future, but that information isn't very clear at the moment.

No they cannot, and you and your fiance need to get a bit more fire in your belly and fight your corner on this, instead of rolling over saying "oh they can flat out deny now".

Based on what you've told me the past few months, he is NOT ineligible.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/ineligibilities.html#visa

See section 212(a), specifically these:

(I) to have a physical or mental disorder and behavior associated with the disorder that may pose, or has posed, a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others, or

(II) to have had a physical or mental disorder and a history of behavior associated with the disorder, which behavior has posed a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others and which behavior is likely to recur or to lead to other harmful behavior, or

(iv) who is determined (in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services) to be a drug abuser or addict, is inadmissible.

You have told me that;

a) He does not have a current physical or mental disorder.

b) The mental disorder he had before with self harm is no longer present, therefore unlikely to recur or lead to other harmful behaviour.

c) He is not a drug abuser or addict.

d) He took a signed letter from a doctor attesting to all of the above.

They cannot flat out deny him without even so much as asking for another letter or referring him for psych. Call them up.

P.S I've never heard of what she's saying either, so I'm not sure if it's miscommunication on their end or taking something the complete wrong way. I've heard of them calling up beneficiaries asking for additional info (like another chest x-ray, etc) but never Knightsbridge "denying" anything. They send the information to the consular officer and the decision is made there.

Edited by QueenOfBlades

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

Denial is likely but not certain we will find out what will happen on friday. We will know then. But he made it clear a flat-out denial is very possible.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

It's against the TOS to post personal attacks.

Well then I want the same respect and not have some smart-alec comments fired towards me that aren't even related to the topic.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Just because someone else violates the TOS (arguably), that does not give you carte blanche to respond in kind. This is getting quite out of control, and your posts are appearing in multiple threads. Everyone here needs a time out.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.