CountryBoy

Ways to save money while waiting for your visa ..

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have received several emails about a couple of statements I have made in this forum and about the documents that I included with my I-129F that is located HERE. This is the only forum that I read regularly and I am afraid that if I post it in the "Off Topic" forum that it will not be viewed by those who really need this information, thus I am posting it here.

For those individuals searching for a record of "VOICE CHATS" on Yahoo! Messenger, I know of no such record. In my list of supporting documents I was actually referencing the features offered by Yahoo! Voice known as "Phone In" and "Phone Out" which I will now describe.

For those considering these options, I would highly recommend that the fiancee have a personal computer in their home and broadband internet access.

Phone In costs $2.99 per month and as long as the US citizen doesn't go over his/her cell phone minutes it is free for them to call the overseas fiancee on his/her computer for hours on end every month. With this option a domestic / US phone number is assigned to ring to the Yahoo! Messenger of the overseas fiancee.

Phone Out costs me $.01 per minute from the Philippines. With this option money has to be loaded into the overseas fiancee's account at http://voice.yahoo.com which enables the overseas fiancee to call a US cell phone or land line telephone for the rate per minute published on the Yahoo! Voice website. (if you pay for the phone in service as well the call is from a US phone number, which in my case is why it only costs $.01 per minute)

Both of these options are pay features which are explained in detail at http://voice.yahoo.com. Simply sign up for the service with the foreign fiancee's Yahoo! account that is associated with the Yahoo! Messenger that he/she uses for chatting and within 2 days you will be chatting for hours on end for literally pennies on the dollar. My fiancee and I spend tons of time together on the phone, (my breaktime and lunchtime at work, and even traveling down the road when I am doing whatever takes me away from her and the computer) and now we have all of the money that we used to spend on phone bills to do with as we wish.

BTW .. SMS / Text Messages from Yahoo! Messenger to cell phones are free to send anywhere in the world but please remember that the person receiving the text messages from Yahoo! Messenger MUST reply to messages on a regular basis or the option will no longer work for some reason. Receiving and replying to a SMS / Text Message sent from Yahoo! Messenger to a Cingular cell phone are charged as a domestic / US phone number so if you have a plan which includes text messages there is no additional charge as long as you don't go over the number of text messages that are included.

If anyone knows of a forum or website, or just has any ideas related to saving money, please reply to this topic with that information.

Donnie and Sylvia

I have received several emails about a couple of statements I have made in this forum and about the documents that I included with my I-129F that is located HERE. This is the only forum that I read regularly and I am afraid that if I post it in the "Off Topic" forum that it will not be viewed by those who really need this information, thus I am posting it here.

For those individuals searching for a record of "VOICE CHATS" on Yahoo! Messenger, I know of no such record. In my list of supporting documents I was actually referencing the features offered by Yahoo! Voice known as "Phone In" and "Phone Out" which I will now describe.

For those considering these options, I would highly recommend that the fiancee have a personal computer in their home and broadband internet access.

Phone In costs $2.99 per month and as long as the US citizen doesn't go over his/her cell phone minutes it is free for them to call the overseas fiancee on his/her computer for hours on end every month. With this option a domestic / US phone number is assigned to ring to the Yahoo! Messenger of the overseas fiancee.

Phone Out costs me $.01 per minute from the Philippines. With this option money has to be loaded into the overseas fiancee's account at http://voice.yahoo.com which enables the overseas fiancee to call a US cell phone or land line telephone for the rate per minute published on the Yahoo! Voice website. (if you pay for the phone in service as well the call is from a US phone number, which in my case is why it only costs $.01 per minute)

Both of these options are pay features which are explained in detail at http://voice.yahoo.com. Simply sign up for the service with the foreign fiancee's Yahoo! account that is associated with the Yahoo! Messenger that he/she uses for chatting and within 2 days you will be chatting for hours on end for literally pennies on the dollar. My fiancee and I spend tons of time together on the phone, (my breaktime and lunchtime at work, and even traveling down the road when I am doing whatever takes me away from her and the computer) and now we have all of the money that we used to spend on phone bills to do with as we wish.

BTW .. SMS / Text Messages from Yahoo! Messenger to cell phones are free to send anywhere in the world but please remember that the person receiving the text messages from Yahoo! Messenger MUST reply to messages on a regular basis or the option will no longer work for some reason. Receiving and replying to a SMS / Text Message sent from Yahoo! Messenger to a Cingular cell phone are charged as a domestic / US phone number so if you have a plan which includes text messages there is no additional charge as long as you don't go over the number of text messages that are included.

If anyone knows of a forum or website, or just has any ideas related to saving money, please reply to this topic with that information.

I use skype for all my calling needs. They have a skype-out feature that you can have all your calls forwarded to a cell phone or landline, and it costs $.021 a minute. The cool thing is that you have a detailed listing of the call, time, duration and cost for every conversation, not sure if yahoo offers that. I've been using this for months :)

12140.gif

Yeah we normally use Skype as well. I've never used it for actually calling, but just talking over the internet on it is pretty good.

K-1 Timeline

October 5, 2006 - I-129F sent to NSC express mail

October 16, 2006 - NOA1 in mail from CSC

December 19, 2006 - NOA2 notice date

October 1, 2007 - Interview (Approved pending Police Report)

November 22, 2007- Visa in Hand

December 5, 2007 - US Entry

February 25, 2008 - Marriage

AOS & EAD timeline

April 14, 2008 - Sent AOS & EAD

April 25, 2008 - NOA's AOS & EAD (April 21, 2008 notice date)

May 13, 2008 - Biometrics appointment @ 9:00am DONE

May 19, 2008 - AOS Being transfered to CSC

July 2, 2008 - EAD card ordered

July 8, 2008 - EAD card ordered email again?

July 12, 2008 - EAD in hand

November 17, 2008 - RFE

January 2, 2009 - 2nd Medical exam

January 13, 2009 - Mailed RFE to CSC overnight

January 14, 2009 - RFE signed for

January 26, 2009 - Welcome letter sent

January 30, 2009 - Approved email!!

Feb 3, 2009 - Greencard in hand.

ROC Timeline

January 14, 2011 - Mailed ROC overnight to CSC

January 18, 2011 - Signed for by V. Semegi

January 20, 2011 - Check Cashed

January 24, 2011 - Received NOA1 (Dated 1/18/11)

February 28, 2011 - Biometrics @ 8am

April 19, 2011 - RFE

May 24, 2011 - Mailed back RFE

May 25, 2011 - RFE Signed for by V. Semegi

June 1, 2011 - Approved card received (Dated 5/30/11)

Yeah we normally use Skype as well. I've never used it for actually calling, but just talking over the internet on it is pretty good.

Yahoo had better rates then Skype for Moldova...not sure about other countries..

9/14 2006 I-129F Sent Next day Air

9/15 Recieved and signed for by "Freeman" at NSC

9/19 NOA1 CSC Recieved

9/25 Notice date Check cashed 9/25

9/28 I Recieved NOA1(I-797C) in the mail

12/5 NOA2 12/6 but Approved on 12/5 touch

12/9 Received NOA2(I-797) by snail mail

12/15 NVC has received it..Case # issued...

12/19 NVC shipped to Romania

12/22 Romanian Embassy has received an email from NVC that my Petition is on it's way...

12/29 Packet 3 sent to Veronica

1/12 2007 Packet 3 received Dang Holidays..

1/22 Sending all paperwork(I-134,Bank/Employer letters etc..,)..to Veronica per DHL, 3.5lbs...$144 WOW!

1/25 Recieved notice that She needs to pick up my packet in Chisinau..

1/26 Sending Back Packet 3

2/16 Transit Visa to go to Romania for the Interview approved..

2/20 Leaves for Bucharest overnight drive by bus...

2/21 Medical

2/22 Interview !!!! APPROVED !!!!!

3/9 2007 Flight to me....

4/7 2007 Married,,,

AOS

7/27 Sent I-485, I-864, I-765

7/30 Chicago Recieved I-485,I-765

Veronica is pregant....Due 4/17/08

9/1 Recieved NOA Bio appointment letter

9/8 Recieved NOA1's for both I-485 and I-765

9/18 Bio appointment

Received Green Card.. Nov 2007

Djuliann came 4/25/2008

I-751 Lifting Of Conditions

9/8/2009 Sent I-751

Received NOA 9/21 NOA Receipt Date 9/10/2009

9/24 received Bio letter Dated 9/18

10/9 Bio Appointment

10/23 Received Permanent Resident Card

N-400 2012

Filed for citizenship sent 2/21/2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I use Vonage and pay $40 a month Cdn. for unlimited throughout North America.

http://www.vonage.com (if you are in the US)

http://www.vonage.ca (if you are in Canada)

Edited by misa

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: Timeline

I use vonage and I pay 24.99 a month and I get ulimited local domestic and international free phone calls to the UK!!!! Its great. My phone bills before were nearing the 1000 one time when I added text messages, regualr phone calls to and from a cell phone, calling cards and every thing. Now with Vonage I pay the service fee and get to talk all I want when I want . I can also print online statments as proof of our phone records for all the calls made and received and all that. I am very happy with this service and just glad i found out about it because it cut us lots of slack with the communication bills! Who would be crazy to pass up practially free phone calls to the UK its great and Im loving it. I think a few other countires are on the list with ulitmited calling plans. Just a heads up in cause any one else needs to find a cheap way to call the uk or other places.

http://vonage.com/index.php?ic=1&lid=nav_index