Pinocchio Liberal

Do you ever get sick of?

242 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I think when someone says something incredibly rude etc.. they should be called on it....

Not that we should be rude back but just say something like, "hey, that was uncalled for"

in the "real" world, if someone said to some of the stuff that gets said here to your face, I am sure you would say something....

I agree, Marilyn. However, with some posters on this board, "Hey, that was uncalled for" will get you a whole new round of insults, usually implying that you're stupid, can't take the pace, or that you're somehow giving up. There are a couple of people who are unable to accept that "hey, that was uncalled for" means "that was inappropriate" as opposed to "I'm going to curl up in a ball and cry now". I find that sad.

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Well kids, I think I just proved my point! So much "EMPATHY" being showed here! Especially from the self proclaimed ultra I feel your "PAIN" bunch. Empathy is more than I'm sorry and certainly more than a fukcin rose posted up on a forum, Some here are so anonymous and yet professing empathy and caring for people they dont even know. Where is the post about a get together for all of your new best freinds? is'nt one and there wont be either, this I gaurantee. You can be anyone you choose to be in a forum such as this,you all know who you are! I love the drunk comments there right up town. I love the guy who said he tries to wear all the peoples shoes, so he can understand just how they feel! Dude you must be one depressed son of a gun? My, do you ever get sick of post, about fake I'm sorries, was quickly responded to by the insecure! and quickly turned into fur flying, tooth mashing bunch that could'nt get enough blood. Empathy I think not! Thanks for takin the test and you definately passed with flying colors. :whistle:

Its ironic that you talk about empathy when your OP post and this one basically says "you're all bastards".

Your statement says it all. Putting words that don't exsist in my statement is whats ironic. To those that continue with remarks about my wife, and question the love we have for each other shows who you "REALLY ARE". Carol and I got quite a laugh last night reading some of the posts here. Remarks such as hitting my head, poor Carol, being drunk, and other desperate, immature statements, come from defensivness and void of any kind of meaningful debate on the subject.

My post about hitting your head was for the purpose of getting a rise out you, just as your OP was intended to get a rise out of others...The fact that you thought it was funny pleased me, as that is how it was intended..I wish no one on this site any ill will although I may not come off that way..I post for fun and this site gives me many opportunities to do so...

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I will only say that (agreeing with LisaD here) if you are offended by what he's saying, why give it attention? Why reply? Sometimes if you have nothing good to say, it's best not to say anything.

Which is another argument for closer moderation of the General Discussion Area. We probably won't get it - so you're right we're all responsible for our own comments.

Unfortunately we all need to practice what we preach on that score.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I think we're all reasonable adults here...well at least most of us are. To say that the problem is that we need to be moderated more...well is that saying we're incapable of doing it ourselves?

On past performance I'd say we are incapable of doing it ourselves. Forums need active moderation. I participate in several forums, as I imagine may others do - this is the only one without any form of day to day moderation.

Edited by erekose

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I just try my best to live up to my member title. :)

I think alcohol induced posts are always hilarious on a message board, no matter whose posting them. Esp. when the person in question then later tries to insult everyone else for not being as 'above it all' as they are. :lol:

To take it any more seriously than that isn't necessary, even when they get all big, bad and insulting. If these same people were sat next to you in the pub, they'd never have the ball$ to say what they are so brave to type here from behind a computer screen.

Just do what I do - watch and laugh.

:yes::thumbs:

The whole "POINT" of the OP was to show CONTRADICTION and HYPOCRACY, that resides in most of the RAINBOW and GUMDROP crowd (LisaD Line, just borrowing it Lisa) As you can see below there are some examples of this. I am very straight forward and to the point most of the time without mincing words. It does however get me in trouble sometimes. I can't for the life of me understand why people post very personal things in the general OT forum other than to garner sympathy. I can understand PMing someone that your kind of close to, but to just put very personal events out there just does'nt seem quite normal. It's just very annoying to me sometimes and wanted to post on the subject. Just one more thing, Steve and Mags! I''m not picking on you below, just the quickest examples I could find to make my point. Off to work, thanks for playing! ;)

QUOTE(CarolsMarc @ Jan 10 2007, 08:45 AM)

I wonder if he's gonna open year round caribou hunting too! I sure hope so. I got this new rifle I've been just dying to try out.

Steve and Jinky

Sit down and brace yourself against something before firing that new rifle of yours, brother Marc. I don't want you to fall over.

Mags

Yeah, you wouldn't want to shoot yourself in the foot or anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CarolsMarc

Alex, just give up couple of your paychecks to help those poor illegal famililies out. Dont you feel guilty keeping all that money you make to yourself? If you would just sponsor one family with a hundred bucks a week. Just think how good you would "FEEL" and plus Charles, ET,and I would be eternally grateful! Just remember women tend to make decisions based on emotion. Uh ho,now I'm really in trouble

Peezey

Making decisions on emotions sounds better than making decisions based on the bottle.

Those of us who find no problem with health care for ANYONE who needs it already pay taxes without a fight. I don't see any of us arguing that we should pay less. In fact, I can't be more angry how my tax dollars have been used the last 6 years for an illegal war, but I don't think I shouldn't pay taxes.

________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry640209

________________________________________________________________________________

I was very very PI$$ED OFF at some of the remarks made in this thread below. I did go over the top and should have showed more restraint. Erekose, I do owe you an apology! You can really ruffle my feathers at times.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...47879&st=30

Edited by CarolsMarc

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Timeline

Marc, we all can do a he-said she-said til the cows come home. It's prolly best if you guys all agree to stop making things so personal.

I am not one to rah-rah for the rainbows and gumdrops crowd, but there's no point to being on the other side of the spectrum either. While you're handing out apols, you really owe one to Melo...I haven't checked the thread yet so you may have done so already...if that's the case, pls disregard. And FWIW, Melo and I don't even get along, but starting sh!t in a thread where she's just learned her dad died is completely uncalled for

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I can't for the life of me understand why people post very personal things in the general OT forum other than to garner sympathy. I can understand PMing someone that your kind of close to, but to just put very personal events out there just does'nt seem quite normal. It's just very annoying to me sometimes and wanted to post on the subject.

I don't understand why some people need to post all the personal stuff they do on here either. But to play devil's advocate, just because you or I don't understand it doesn't make either of us the judge of "normal". Alluding to someone else's differences as unnatural or not normal is pretty certain to get hackles up quick.

I suspect that there's lots of topics you feel are great for a message board that others don't care to read about. I know the phrase is trotted out ad nauseum, but if those kinds of personal or attention-seeking threads are so annoying, just don't read them. That's what I do. (Those and the dang politic ones. :P)

Oh, and before anyone gets the impression I'm making comment on Melo's thread in particular regarding "attention-seeking", I put threads about a family member dying in a completely different category. Having been there myself, attention seeking is sometimes the only link to sanity you can get. And if someone needs that at that time, the more power to 'em.

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Marc, we all can do a he-said she-said til the cows come home. It's prolly best if you guys all agree to stop making things so personal.

I am not one to rah-rah for the rainbows and gumdrops crowd, but there's no point to being on the other side of the spectrum either. While you're handing out apols, you really owe one to Melo...I haven't checked the thread yet so you may have done so already...if that's the case, pls disregard. And FWIW, Melo and I don't even get along, but starting sh!t in a thread where she's just learned her dad died is completely uncalled for

Actually, Marc has been and apologised in Melo's thread. I think he did it before he had posted here. So, kudos to him for that. :thumbs:

Melo has only recently arrived in the US also.....she hardly knows anyone.....why wouldn't she come here for some comfort, albeit virtual....

*sitting comfortably in the land of rainbows and gumdrops riding on the unicorn of life* :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Melo has only recently arrived in the US also.....she hardly knows anyone.....why wouldn't she come here for some comfort, albeit virtual....

*sitting comfortably in the land of rainbows and gumdrops riding on the unicorn of life* :P

*refrains to make comment on where on the unicorn you're riding*

;)

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

;)

*spits out coffee* :help::lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

;)

Now *that* was uncalled for!

:lol:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

;)

Spew warning! :lol: