thaibu

US troops to Africa?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Bush has gotten enough heat over the handling of the Iraq war that he (and his party) wouldn't dare open up an African front. Where do you think that all this money comes from to start these wars?

People are yip yapping about going into Iraq, Syria, and North Korea (a far different prospect to Iraq and Afghanistan). I think you'll find people will have had quite enough of war when the next election comes around.

Did you mean IRAN (in lieu of Iraq where US troops have already gone in at Bush's command)?

Yes I did.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Well I am a believer in that this (these) wars are going to go on for another 19 years (after 9.11.01)

If anyone knows Nostradamus (that medieval propheteer) that some say predicts a war lasting 23 years and will be the war to end all wars for a millennium. Nevertheless its is believeble that fighting and peace keeping on all fronts will go on for time to come.

Funding the wars will be simple later on down the line, just seize and sell the resources of the land i.e. oil gold & diamonds.

Timeline
Well I am a believer in that this (these) wars are going to go on for another 19 years (after 9.11.01)

If anyone knows Nostradamus (that medieval propheteer) that some say predicts a war lasting 23 years and will be the war to end all wars for a millennium. Nevertheless its is believeble that fighting and peace keeping on all fronts will go on for time to come.

Funding the wars will be simple later on down the line, just seize and sell the resources of the land i.e. oil gold & diamonds.

I don't doubt that the troubled regions of the world will still be troubled 20 years from now, and the source of much war and civil unrest.

I'm not sure that we need Nostradamus deliberately ambiguous prophecies to tell us that ;)

I thought Nostradamus only predicted Superbowl victories and the rise of Starbucks and hard things, like that water is wet.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline
I thought Nostradamus only predicted Superbowl victories and the rise of Starbucks and hard things, like that water is wet.

It's interesting that most of the prophecies are so cryptically written (deliberately so) that you can use them to predict anything. Typically - a lot of the interpretations are formed with hindsight (rather than "foresight") as you might expect.

It's interesting that most of the prophecies are so cryptically written (deliberately so) that you can use them to predict anything. Typically - a lot of the interpretations are formed with hindsight (rather than "foresight") as you might expect.

It's great, really. How hard is it to predict that a war will happen on the Earth in the next 20 years?

They're fun to write...

In a time of turmoil,

The jaguar will blot out the stars,

While the eagle will consume the sun.

The son falls to his father's desires.

To the victor the spoils.

This one, I think, either about Eli Manning failing to get to the Superbowl (being beat out by Jacksonville and Philadelphia), or maybe the U.S. invading Iran. Or maybe about me getting some cake. (It's magic cake. Magic.)

AOS

-

Timeline

It's great, really. How hard is it to predict that a war will happen on the Earth in the next 20 years?

They're fun to write...

In a time of turmoil,

The jaguar will blot out the stars,

While the eagle will consume the sun.

The son falls to his father's desires.

To the victor the spoils.

This one, I think, either about Eli Manning failing to get to the Superbowl (being beat out by Jacksonville and Philadelphia), or maybe the U.S. invading Iran. Or maybe about me getting some cake. (It's magic cake. Magic.)

Still the "thousand years without war" is a bit of a stretch IMO. I suspect in a thousand years someone will be arguing the semantics with history to suggest that such and such doesn't fall under the definition of a "war" and therefore doesn't count.

Edited by erekose

It was a thousand years of police action! POLICE ACTION, I tell you!

AOS

-

Oh, there's no doubt that there will be insurgencies and internecine warfare (plus some outright wars) for the next 19 years--there hasn't been anytime since WW1 that the world hasn't seen these.

Unfortunately, there were several predictions of Nostradamus that proved WRONG; a "war lasting 23 years to end all for a millenium": note that WW1 was hailed as "the war to end all wars", then there were insurgencies, civil wars, proxy wars, outright wars till WW2 (21 years from 1918-1939). Hello, you've already had a state of war lasting 93 years now which hasn't ended anything.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Other Timeline
That ###### has gone on for years - its extremely doubtful IMO. Again - the US currently doesn't have the manpower for something like that. In fact, that's why many people have asked why we are in Iraq while Islamic militias take hold of countries like Somalia - which has just tried to start a war with Ethiopia.

Actually, we just got back into action in Somalia. Not with a lot of force but with a lot of firepower it would seem. And I heard on the news this morning that we're looking to move an aircraft carrier into the area shortly. Yes, I am quite happy that there is some support from the US and other countries to stomp out those radical UIC thugs in Somalia. Naturally, I have an eye on this thing seeing that my wife's folks live next door...

I leave and now ET-US2004 is SUPPORTING US military action???? I need to go to church because the end-times are most certainly here ;)

"Anyone who says the pen is mightier than the sword has obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Filed: Timeline
That ###### has gone on for years - its extremely doubtful IMO. Again - the US currently doesn't have the manpower for something like that. In fact, that's why many people have asked why we are in Iraq while Islamic militias take hold of countries like Somalia - which has just tried to start a war with Ethiopia.
Actually, we just got back into action in Somalia. Not with a lot of force but with a lot of firepower it would seem. And I heard on the news this morning that we're looking to move an aircraft carrier into the area shortly. Yes, I am quite happy that there is some support from the US and other countries to stomp out those radical UIC thugs in Somalia. Naturally, I have an eye on this thing seeing that my wife's folks live next door...
I leave and now ET-US2004 is SUPPORTING US military action???? I need to go to church because the end-times are most certainly here ;)

Not supporting a texas boy's illegitimate wet-dream does not equate not supporting any US military action at all under any circumstances. So, hold off on that trip to church, the end times may not be as near as you feared. ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yeah, what's next? steven buying a hummer and scoffing at global warming? :P

where you been anyways?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Timeline

yeah, what's next? steven buying a hummer and scoffing at global warming? :P

where you been anyways?

Busy. My wife arrived on September 20th, and since then it has been school and getting her settled. I should be a certified flight-instructor within the next 4-6 months, then after 6-12 months of instructing its off to the airlines. How is everything with you?

"Anyone who says the pen is mightier than the sword has obviously never encountered automatic weapons."