LibCampFireClub

You don't want to go there buddy!

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I agree with Holder.

That's the challenge of being a minority in this country. Not only do we have to work harder to prove we belong, any small mistake or the actions of a few can derail progress for an entire group. That is the reality.

What President in the history of our Union, while delivering a State of the Union address has had a member of Congress scream out an interrupt his speech and be called a liar. Just one, President Barack Obama who is our nations first Black President. How about showing some respect for the man.

How about showing some respect for the first Black attorney general, given the history of our country. This incident stems from last year with this Congress man accusing Holder and blaming him for the Boston marathon attacks. Seriously fuk that moron and his asparagus. Holder better than me, buddy wouldn't be the word that rolled off my tongue first.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with Holder.

That's the challenge of being a minority in this country. Not only do we have to work harder to prove we belong, any small mistake or the actions of a few can derail progress for an entire group. That is the reality.

What President in the history of our Union, while delivering a State of the Union address has had a member of Congress scream out an interrupt his speech and be called a liar. Just one, President Barack Obama who is our nations first Black President. How about showing some respect for the man.

How about showing some respect for the first Black attorney general, given the history of our country. This incident stems from last year with this Congress man accusing Holder and blaming him for the Boston marathon attacks. Seriously fuk that moron and his asparagus. Holder better than me, buddy wouldn't be the word that rolled off my tongue first.

Especially when you look back at the previous AG's under the Bush Administration. When did a congressman ever threaten to hold them in contempt?

That's the challenge of being a minority in this country.

You're not a 'minority'; you're just another schlub on the internet, just like I am. Why not let us judge you by the content of your character, and not the (pretend) color of your skin? :rofl:

Not only do we have to work harder to prove we belong, any small mistake or the actions of a few can derail progress for an entire group. That is the reality.

Considering the ugly realities of 'affirmative action', I'd say you've got this exactly backwards. Bro.

Obama IS a liar though. While Joe Wilson may have broken with decorum, he was right on the money. In fact, Obama told the Lie of the Year! Surely that's something you can celebrate! :rofl: Second, "blackness" should neither be viewed as a negative, nor as a positive attribute. It's simple the color one may be born. Did you learn nothing from MLK? Sheesh. Third, respect is earned, and Chicago Jesus certainly hasn't earned it. He doesn't show it for US citizens.

How about showing some respect for the first Black attorney general, given the history of our country. This incident stems from last year with this Congress man accusing Holder and blaming him for the Boston marathon attacks.

No, Holder is specifically whining about the treatment he got at yesterday's House hearing. And again: "black" is not a reason for respect. Bro. :rofl:

You're not a 'minority'; you're just another schlub on the internet, just like I am. Why not let us judge you by the content of your character, and not the (pretend) color of your skin? :rofl:

Considering the ugly realities of 'affirmative action', I'd say you've got this exactly backwards. Bro.

Obama IS a liar though. While Joe Wilson may have broken with decorum, he was right on the money. In fact,

the Lie of the Year! Surely that's something you can celebrate! :rofl: Second, "blackness" should neither be viewed as a negative, nor as a positive attribute. It's simple the color one may be born. Did you learn nothing from MLK? Sheesh. Third, respect is earned, and Chicago Jesus certainly hasn't earned it. He doesn't show it for US citizens.

No, Holder is specifically whining about the treatment he got at yesterday's House hearing. And again: "black" is not a reason for respect. Bro. :rofl:

Call me whatever names you want. I don't care.

How does it feel to know that a new Order has been born?

How does it feel that the America you wish existed started to die almost 50 years ago on this anniversary of the Civil Rights Act?

How does it feel knowing that one day in the not so distant future you will wake up to a sea of black and brown faces running this country and in the majority?

How does it feel knowing that your daughter or granddaughter will be bringing home someone of a swarthy persuasion?

Yes.... Yes I'm humming Old Glory now as I type this.

Who knows maybe your head will explode or perhaps you'll just accept it and watch the world pass you by BRO

Edited by Jinx614

Filed: Other Timeline

The deck has been shuffled and the race card has been shredded due to calling the town to see the wolf. The town just ain't gonna get outta bed anymore to go see a wolf that ain't there.

On Tuesday, while testifying before a House panel, Holder engaged in a testy back-and-forth with two of his most outspoken Republican antagonists. One accused Holder of violating federal law and questioned whether he should even be allowed to testify before lawmakers, while Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, seemed to threaten Holder with another contempt citation and angrily told Holder he didn’t need to be lectured by the nation’s top law enforcement official.
On Wednesday, with a finger raised, Holder told the crowd in New York that his tenure as attorney general has been “defined by significant strides … even in the face of unprecedented, unwarranted, ugly and divisive adversity.”
The day before, after Gohmert ran out of time to ask questions, Holder leaned into the microphone in front of him and wished Gohmert “good luck with your asparagus.” It was a not-so-subtle dig at Gohmert’s unique remark last year when he warned Holder not to “cast aspersions on my asparagus.”
Holder has had a tense relationship with several Republican lawmakers since the Republican-led House held him in contempt of Congress two years ago for failing to turn over certain documents tied to the Fast and Furious scandal involving botched firearms sting operations despite a congressional subpoena seeking those documents.
In asking Holder on Tuesday about the Justice Department’s refusal to turn over documents in an unrelated terrorism case, Gohmert again raised the issue of contempt, saying, “I realize that contempt is not a big deal to our attorney general, but it is important that we have proper oversight.”
A visibly upset Holder, leaning back in his chair, shot back, “You don’t want to go there, buddy. You don’t want to go there, OK?”
“You should not assume that that is not a big deal to me,” Holder added, pointing a finger toward the congressman. “I think it was inappropriate. I think it was unjust. But never think that was not a big deal to me. Don’t ever think that.”
Gohmert pressed the issue. “There have been no indications that it was a big deal, because your department has still not been forthcoming in producing the documents that were the subject of the contempt,” Gohmert said. “I don’t need lectures from you about contempt,” Gohmert added.
“And I don’t need lectures from you either,” Holder responded.
The documents at issue were mostly from the months after the public first learned that an Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives investigation called Fast and Furious put guns into the hands of criminals in Mexico. Republican lawmakers subpoenaed the Justice Department for internal emails dated after Feb. 4, 2011, when department officials realized they would have to retract a letter to Congress denying any such thing happened.
But President Obama then asserted executive privilege over the documents, and Republicans filed suit in federal court.
Holder’s “good luck with your asparagus” comment Tuesday was a reference to a remark by Gohmert at a hearing nearly a year ago. At that hearing, Gohmert and Holder got into another heated back-and-forth over how the FBI handled the case of alleged Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who had been interviewed by the FBI years before the attack over possible radicalization.
Gohmert said he was “trying to determine how the FBI blew the opportunity to save people’s lives,” but Holder defended the FBI’s work, telling Gohmert, “You don’t know what the FBI did. You don’t know what the FBI’s interaction was with the Russians. You don’t know what questions were put to the Russians, whether those questions were responded to. You simply do not know that. And you have characterized the FBI as being not thorough or taken exception to my characterization of them as being thorough. I know what the FBI did. You cannot know what I know.”
In trying to get a chance to respond to Holder’s comments, a flustered Gohmert shot back, “[Do not] cast aspersions on my asparagus.”
I'll take my asparagus with hollandaise please!

I agree with Holder.

So after Bush got absolutely hammed by Hollywood, and everyone else, all of a sudden it's respect time..

I don't like Bush or Obama but why is Obama so special. Ok someone called him liar. That is one specific event that did not happen to anyone else. Yeah! I could Google up lot's of ####### done to Bush, they would not dream of doing to Obama. Wait I forgot if we don't like Obama were are Racist.

That is right in line with the victim mentality and the stupidty that comes out of the mouths of people like Hank Arron. Yes Hank carries around the racist letter he got years ago, as proof that America is Racist. Does he also carry around the 100's of 1000's of fan mail I am sure he also got from white fans? How about all of us Kids my age that pretend to be Hank Arron. Geezh will the pity party ever stop

I agree with Holder.

Holder is Black? Who knew?

Well, this explains much. Eric Holder says that the treatment he got yesterday at the House IRS committee is due to (wait for it): racism. And it's also apparently why the preznit is also not doing very well. :rofl:

It seems the administration has seen fit to 'disappear' Holder's "racism!" comments from the official transcript:

What he said:

“And since the day I became Attorney General in 2009, I have been proud to stand alongside you in supporting efforts to advance the cause of justice that has always been at the center of this Administration’s work.

I’m pleased to note that the last five years have been defined by significant strides and lasting reforms – even in the face of unprecedented, unwarranted ugly and divisive adversity. And if you don’t believe that, you look at the way …forget about me… forget about me , you look at the way the Attorney General of the Untied States was treated yesterday by a House committee. Had nothing to do with me what Attorney General has ever had to deal with that kind of treatment? What President has ever had to deal with that kind of treatment. Last summer, after a narrowly split but divided Supreme Court struck down a key part of the historic Voting Rights Act of 1965, my colleagues and I took action – by challenging specific laws, in North Carolina and Texas, that could disproportionately restrict access to the ballot box among some populations.”

And how the "Most Open, Transparent Administration Evaaah" has chosen to report it:

“And since the day I became Attorney General in 2009, I have been proud to stand alongside you in supporting efforts to advance the cause of justice that has always been at the center of this Administration’s work.

I’m pleased to note that the last five years have been defined by significant strides and lasting reforms – even in the face of unprecedented adversity. Last summer, after a narrowly split but divided Supreme Court struck down a key part of the historic Voting Rights Act of 1965, my colleagues and I took action – by challenging specific laws, in North Carolina and Texas, that could disproportionately restrict access to the ballot box among some populations.”

Why would they be embarrassed of this? The entire Obama administration revolves around race-baiting and divisiveness. You'd think they'd be blaring this from the rooftops... :rofl: